What's new

Saudi Arabia: Date set for the worlds tallest tower

United

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
building-comparison-.jpg

LONDON (Reuters) - The builder of The Shard skyscraper in London will be the project manager for the planned $1.2 billion, 1,000-metre (3,300-foot) Kingdom Tower skyscraper in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Mace will manage the development in a joint venture with construction consultant EC Harris, part of Dutch group Arcadis, and the tower will be built by Saudi construction firm Bin Laden Group.
The tower's height will exceed a kilometer - precisely by how much is a secret but the structure will take over from Dubai's 828-metre tall Burj Khalifa as the world's tallest skyscraper.:yahoo:
Plans were unveiled 18 months ago by Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal as the centerpiece to the Kingdom City development in Jeddah, a major Red Sea port.
"One of the reasons we hired them is they are going to use the same team that was on The Shard," Waleed Abduljaleel Batterjee, chief executive of developer Jeddah Economic Company, told British trade magazine Building.
Oil-rich Saudi Arabia is undertaking multi-billion dollar projects to improve its infrastructure and meet its massive housing needs, spending over $400 billion in the five years to 2013 in addition to more than $130 million in social spending.
Jeddah, the country's second largest city with around four million residents, has long complained of neglect.
Firms will "start mobilizing" in April and construction work should start by the middle of the year, Batterjee said.
Construction will take just over five years and the tower, to include a hotel, serviced apartments and luxury condominiums, will be more than three times taller than the 308-metre tall Shard when complete in 2018.

Right now we lead:azn:
The-tallest-building-in-the-world-Burj-Khalifa-Dubai-UAE_thumb.jpg

Why are these Persian gulf Arab countries competing in who can pay the west to make the biggest tower?
come to Germany or Got to UK or France and tell me how many of these super tall tower you see...

I am not hating, I am just saying, is there no poverty in saudi arabia to tackle instead of making things like this?

Why are these Persian gulf Arab countries competing in who can pay the west to make the biggest tower?
come to Germany or Got to UK or France and tell me how many of these super tall tower you see...

I am not hating, I am just saying, is there no poverty in saudi arabia to tackle instead of making things like this?

where is this place u call Persian gulf?

go read the doc again who all are actually making this not drawing this.

your just being jealous everywhere for the fact the Saudi Arabia enjoy high quality of life and your home people are lining up for loaf of bread.

And what is wrong in trying to capitalize in the Tourism industry in the same way UAE did? Dubai reeks Billions in income from Tourism due to its urban look and ads, Jeddah deserves it more than Dubai.

Now it is just about getting around the damn stupid laws in the country and we should be set :)

And what is wrong in trying to capitalize in the Tourism industry in the same way UAE did? Dubai reeks Billions in income from Tourism due to its urban look and ads, Jeddah deserves it more than Dubai.

Now it is just about getting around the damn stupid laws in the country and we should be set :)

Snoop Dogg said it best . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh.....Petroleum.....Go Saudi Arabia!Here's a video(NOT STEREOTYPING).

Anther one.

Western Architects + South Asian Labor = Saudi Tower :D

I fail to see what Saudi contribution besides writing a big fat cheque has been to this tower?

USA, Europe, China and all other countries, its their native architects, engineers and builders build their buildings.

How come Saudis are not competent to design or build something like this?

I fail to see what Saudi contribution besides writing a big fat cheque has been to this tower?

USA, Europe, China and all other countries, its their native architects, engineers and builders build their buildings.

The tower will be built by Saudi construction giant, The Bin Laden Group :D

You could have just spared us your hate troll but you did not.

Our contribution is to teach you how to write a "check" properly before making a comment about it. It is not Quebec, here.

Right now the second highest building is also in saudi Arabia the Abraj Al Bait towers!!! :cheers:

no there is no poverty in KSA.......
noone is poor there...

building-comparison-.jpg

LONDON (Reuters) - The builder of The Shard skyscraper in London will be the project manager for the planned $1.2 billion, 1,000-metre (3,300-foot) Kingdom Tower skyscraper in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Mace will manage the development in a joint venture with construction consultant EC Harris, part of Dutch group Arcadis, and the tower will be built by Saudi construction firm Bin Laden Group.
The tower's height will exceed a kilometer - precisely by how much is a secret but the structure will take over from Dubai's 828-metre tall Burj Khalifa as the world's tallest skyscraper.:yahoo:
Plans were unveiled 18 months ago by Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal as the centerpiece to the Kingdom City development in Jeddah, a major Red Sea port.
"One of the reasons we hired them is they are going to use the same team that was on The Shard," Waleed Abduljaleel Batterjee, chief executive of developer Jeddah Economic Company, told British trade magazine Building.
Oil-rich Saudi Arabia is undertaking multi-billion dollar projects to improve its infrastructure and meet its massive housing needs, spending over $400 billion in the five years to 2013 in addition to more than $130 million in social spending.
Jeddah, the country's second largest city with around four million residents, has long complained of neglect.
Firms will "start mobilizing" in April and construction work should start by the middle of the year, Batterjee said.
Construction will take just over five years and the tower, to include a hotel, serviced apartments and luxury condominiums, will be more than three times taller than the 308-metre tall Shard when complete in 2018.

Right now we lead:azn:
The-tallest-building-in-the-world-Burj-Khalifa-Dubai-UAE_thumb.jpg

Stop wasting money on these kind of buildings and invest in health and education sector and establishing industries

Back
Top Bottom