What's new

Saeed Ajmal wants another go at Indian batsmen ICC World Twenty20:

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Karachi: Pakistan off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal wants another shot at the Indian batsmen in the ongoingICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.

"We have two more group matches to play in this tournament and they are must win matches for us if we want to qualify for the semi-finals," Ajmal said from Dhaka.

"Right now my focus is just to win these two important games. But yes I would love to have another duel with the Indian batsmen in this event," he added.

The off-spinner, who is a leading bowler in the ICC rankings in different formats, said if Pakistan were able to qualify for the semi finals he would not rule out another match with India in the tournament. (Also read: Flag ban by Bangladesh anger former Pakistan cricketers)

Pakistan lost to India in the group match in an one-sided encounter with Ajmal also not firing on all cylinders. But the off spinner made it clear he always enjoyed his duels with the Indian batsmen.

saeed-ajmal-india-pakistan-1-640.jpg
"Bowling in T20 format is a big challenge for a bowler anyway and against India it gets more challenging. Because the pressure and expectations of a Indo-Pak match are so much."

Ajmal said that he felt no pressure being the main bowler for Pakistan or being given the crucial overs by his captain.

"Now I have become used to my role in the team. And I love to perform under this pressure because my teammates also have a lot of confidence in me," he said.

The off spinner said that pitches in Bangladesh were assisting the spinners but because of the high scoring trend by batsmen in the World T20, bowlers were always going to have a hard job on their hands.

Ajmal made it clear that like any bowler he wanted to be recognized as the best in the world but said helping his team win matches was far more important for him.

"That is why my focus is on the remaining two games. In T20 cricket anything can happen so we are focusing on being at our best when we play Bangladesh and West Indies because both teams are dangerous opponents," he said.

For the latest Cricket news, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and get the NDTV Cricket app for Android or iOS
ICC World Twenty20: Saeed Ajmal wants another go at Indian batsmen | ICC World Twenty20, 2014 - News | NDTVSports.com

Oh yeah baby. Yuvi is back in form now. Would be great to see Ajmal vs Yuvi and Kohli.

Arey Bhai pehle Semi me tau pahucho.
Fir wo jeeto.
Fir tau India
warna tau Khali wali

Back
Top Bottom