What's new

Russian-Indian war games Indra'2016 to be held in Russia's Far East in Jul-Dec

Dr Gupta

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
VLADIVOSTOK, May 10. /TASS/. Joint Russian-Indian war games Indra'2016 will be held in the period of July to December 2016 on the Sergeyevsky practice ground in Russia's Far-Eastern Primorsky (Maritime) territory, Alexander Gordeyev, the chief press officer of the Eastern Military District told TASS after a conference on preparations for the exercise.

The conference was held in Vladivostok

Representatives of the Eastern Military District and the Indian Armed Forces came to an agreement to hold the exercise in the second half of 2016 on the Sergeyevsky practice ground in the Primorsky territory," Gordeyev said. "Also, the sides coordinated the elements of the practical part of the exercise."

Mechanized infantry units of the combined-arms army of the Eastern Military District stationed in the Primorsky territory and India's Kumaon infantry regiments will practise the formation of a joint grouping of troops under a UN mandate and will simulate the planning and practical conduct of an antiterrorist operation.

Russia will commit two mechanized infantry companies, as well as mortar, self-propelled howitzer and multiple-launch rocket system batteries, one in each case, air defense, reconnaissance, and chemical units.

India will provide two company-level tactical groups.

All in all, the exercise will involve about 500 servicemen on both sides, Gordeyev said.

http://tass.ru/en/defense/874663

I think Pakistan should be invited to participate in the war games so that we can practice in friendly manner the real war scenarios. Or at least Pakistan should be there as an observer. But India never shows magnanimity.

I think Pakistan should be invited to participate in the war games so that we can practice in friendly manner the real war scenarios. Or at least Pakistan should be there as an observer. But India never shows magnanimity.

We hold these annual war games with Russia, 1 year in India and another in Russia. What does Pakistan have to do with this? :rolleyes:

It's not like ties between us is like strategic partners, maybe one day in the distant future via the Shanghai pact we might see a massive Asian war game with India, Pakistan, China, Russia and Central Asian countries :azn:

We hold these annual war games with Russia, 1 year in India and another in Russia. What does Pakistan have to do with this? :rolleyes:

It's not like ties between us is like strategic partners, maybe one day in the distant future via the Shanghai pact we might see a massive Asian war game with India, Pakistan, China, Russia and Central Asian countries :azn:
Or at least as an observer. Will that be so much to upset India?

What you want to observe? we are doing counter terror training :eek: our enemies are in Pakistan such as groups like LET, JEM. If you agree we can help you fight them together but will Pakistani military agree for it? :disagree:
I mean should start with exercise together or at leat be given an observer status in the beginning. This small gesture will help thaw the ice between two neighbours and then we can see where it takes us next.

I mean should start with exercise together or at leat be given an observer status in the beginning. This small gesture will help thaw the ice between two neighbours and then we can see where it takes us next.

We not there yet, we have a trust deficit. The attack on our airbase early of this year is a pressing issue and we need action to be taken on the culprits. Likewise the core issue for Pakistan is Kashmir. We should take baby steps like increase trade, more people to people contact and maybe the odd cricket game too this will give us a foundation to tackle the big issues.

I think what Modi did by visiting NS in Lahore was a good gesture but without purpose, nothing really improved. The militants were unhappy with this and launched a attack and now we are back to square one.

Pakistan even refused to be involved in the SAARC satellite project, all other countries accepted and now Afghanistan is going to replace Pakistan because you guys said no to it.

We not there yet, we have a trust deficit. The attack on our airbase early of this year is a pressing issue and we need action to be taken on the culprits. Likewise the core issue for Pakistan is Kashmir. We should take baby steps like increase trade, more people to people contact and maybe the odd cricket game too this will give us a foundation to tackle the big issues.

I think what Modi did by visiting NS in Lahore was a good gesture but without purpose, nothing really improved. The militants were unhappy with this and launched a attack and now we are back to square one.

Pakistan even refused to be involved in the SAARC satellite project, all other countries accepted and now Afghanistan is going to replace Pakistan because you guys said no to it.
i think militaries should engage directly with each other since politicians have failed and IAF can start with such initiatives and then in due time Pakistani counterparts should respond.
Modi's visit was on personal level and personal business. It was never aimed at improving relations between the two nations. It was mostly met with skepticism and rightly so because state Pakistan and even India was not aware it and there was no agenda except for celebrating a birthday....which he did.

i think militaries should engage directly with each other since politicians have failed and IAF can start with such initiatives and then in due time Pakistani counterparts should respond.
Modi's visit was on personal level and personal business. It was never aimed at improving relations between the two nations. It was mostly met with skepticism and rightly so because state Pakistan and even India was not aware it and there was no agenda except for celebrating a birthday....which he did.

We gave you MFN status years ago and we still waiting for you to reciprocate but still we not been granted it. I agree the purpose of that trip was a total waste of time it resulted in nothing really but pissing off militants.

We gave you MFN status years ago and we still waiting for you to reciprocate but still we not been granted it. I agree the purpose of that trip was a total waste of time it resulted in nothing really but pissing off militants.
So you recognise that militancy is a common issue and both nations to work together to eliminate this problem.

So you recognise that militancy is a common issue and both nations to work together to eliminate this problem.

We can't help unless you ask us to help, the issue is much deeper. I will show you a good article:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/militancy-in-punjab/

Only Pakistan can take care of their internal security situation, India would welcome it if you moved against these groups but I am not optimistic.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pakistans-crackdown-on-islamic-militants-looks-selective-1461565803

We can't help unless you ask us to help, the issue is much deeper. I will show you a good article:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/militancy-in-punjab/

Only Pakistan can take care of their internal security situation, India would welcome it if you moved against these groups but I am not optimistic.
Pakistan has done and doing a lot on WoT...have you missed all the news or were sleeping. Operation Zarb-e-Azb eliminated most of the Pakistani Tehreek e Taliban from Tribal areas but many of them fled to Afghanistan. If India is really serious against militancy then it can start by denying them using your embassies and consulates in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has done and doing a lot on WoT...have you missed all the news or were sleeping. Operation Zarb-e-Azb eliminated most of the Pakistani Tehreek e Taliban from Tribal areas but many of them fled to Afghanistan. If India is really serious against militancy then it can start by denying them using your embassies and consulates in Afghanistan.

Actually groups like the Haqqani movement simply took a stroll in Afghanistan and are lying low (According to the Americans and Afghan intelligence they claimed they were tipped off)

Yes I have been following the Zarb-E-Azb operation but you may want to actually read the article I posted from a Pakistani researcher based in Islamabad. The issue is militancy in South Punjab and groups like JEM and LET which so far the world can't see any serious action being taken on them.

You have something there that might not be a bad idea. Since peace can be only decided by pak army on pakistani side so yes may be. Why not.

Back
Top Bottom