What's new

Russia 'running out of Iskander and Kalibr missiles’

Call it ... maneuverable re-entry vehicle? Like everyone else does? Since it is a ballistic missile, hypersonic part is understood.
the trajectory is not ballistic, it cant have a sustained glide flight path , but it intermittently use a glide trajectory ,

well after the end of war with iraq we built lots and lots and lots of Zelzal missile in hope of exporting them , nobody wanted them so we stored them for ourselves , they were in accurate as hell so several year ago we started a progect to add some guidance kit to them , we have lots of them (you can count in 10s of thousands of them) after equipping those guidance kit to them their accuracy improved a lot (not pinpoint accuracy like Fateh family of missile , but around 30m which is very good considering the warhead is more than half ton and many of them also have frag warhead) i'm sure if they ask for them we can gladly send those missile to them .
they depend on the model have a range of 200-400km and the war head is 500-600kg also they must be compattible with russian launchers as some source point to their similarity with Luna-M .

but as I said they must ask for them , with the number we store of them they can level any industry and military base in ukraine and still have spare for another round, but we can't force it on them they must ask for help in that regard
Don't give them on charity like that, better keep them for ourselves or produce more as much as possible maybe be needed to punish someone in nw sooner or later.

Thats exactly what a MARV or a menuverable re-entry vehicle is.
I think you are mistaken there , Marv is a warhead that can change its trajectory at the final phase of the flight , a MARV warhead cant go into the glide trajectory then go to ballistic one , then glide and do it several time in course of the flight.
marv maneuvaribility is only used to be more percise when it go for the tartget

I think you are mistaken there , Marv is a warhead that can change its trajectory at the final phase of the flight , a MARV warhead cant go into the glide trajectory then go to ballistic one , then glide and do it several time in course of the flight.
marv maneuvaribility is only used to be more percise when it go for the tartget
What makes MARV different from HGV is the fact that HGV uses atmospheric lift to leave atmosphere atleast once and enter into open space. Its called skipped re-entry. It can do it many times actually.

MARV can menuver but it will never leave atmosphere once it enters that.

Does this missile did skipped re-entry multiple times?

What makes MARV different from HGV is the fact that HGV uses atmospheric lift to leave atmosphere atleast once and enter into open space. Its called skipped re-entry. It can do it many times actually.

MARV can menuver but it will never leave atmosphere once it enters that.

what exactly it do , i don't knew , if it leave atmosphere , i don't knew . one thing i knew , the missile at least one time leave the quasi ballistic trajectory and glide for some time . that's one of the reason it have nearly twice the range of Zo-alfaqar missile that have the same size (in fact zoalfaqar is larger)

Call it ... maneuverable re-entry vehicle? Like everyone else does? Since it is a ballistic missile, hypersonic part is understood.

Tomayto Tomaahto

If MaRV gains hypersonic or near hypersonic speed hitting its target then are we allowed to call it HGV?

Not exactly, the steady glide or skip glide trajectories do not require multiple atmospheric re-entries. They dive ones and then gain K.E by endo atmospheric glide. Its different from boost glide that you were mentioning before.

The mentioned trajectory is skipped glide.

I would expect a rather more basic yet technical question. How come such a small vehicle reach 1800 KM and still has near Hypersonic speed while hitting the target?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom