What's new

Russia, India plan to sign contract for Mi-26 helicopter repair

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
https://rbth.com/news/2016/08/09/ru...n-contract-for-mi-26-helicopter-repair_619353

mi-26_helicopter_marina_lystseva_tass_1024522_top.jpg

Russian Helicopters Group is planning to sign a contract with India before the year end to overhaul three Mil Mi-26 (NATO reporting name: Halo) heavy military transport rotorcraft, Group Deputy CEO for After-Sale Maintenance Igor Chechikov said.

"India is a key strategic partner for Russian Helicopters Group and a major operator of Russian-made rotorcraft," Chechikov said.

"Russian Helicopters Group is planning to sign a contract with India before the end of 2016 to overhaul three Mi-26 rotorcraft," he added.

According to the group’s press office, India’s Defense Ministry and Russia’s arms exporter Rosoboronexport signed a contract in late July for the repair and upgrade of ten Indian Navy Kamov Ka-28 (Helix) antisubmarine warfare helicopters.

The helicopters will be repaired at the Aircraft-Manufacturing Enterprise in Kumertau in the Urals.

Source: Tass.com

This great, Kazakhstan also has 2 MI-26s in service, I hope India keeps using these beasts

Wonder if they will repair and upgrade the mi26 which are with the ARC ?

U sure? I do know that 4 was inducted and one crashed. Second, why would the ARC need heavy transport helicopter for reconnaissance? , you link doesn't say anything about the Mi26
Am sure , saw them at an airbase way back in the 80 , its common knowledge that most of ARC planes are undeclared.

This great, Kazakhstan also has 2 MI-26s in service, I hope India keeps using these beasts
These are some amazing choppers. I've flown in these monsters many times. You can fit a three bedroom apartment in this giant!! Here's what it is from the inside.....

mi26-bodega.jpg

100_4798.jpg

interior-space-of-the-cargo-helicopter-mi-26-halo-heavy-transport-BF9TKA.jpg

62505.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

44e69d455d019099da4fddbc50e548f9.jpg

The chopper is so huge that the pilots land it by also observing a monitor screen in the cockpit from cameras mounted in the tail section to ensure there's no tail strike! The FMS seen in the middle offers the functionality of in-flight operations for pilot and flight navigator too as seen below....

Mi26-1.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom