What's new

Reward for Salman Rushdie's murder boosted by Iran cleric

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
An Iranian religious foundation has increased its reward for killing British author Salman Rushdie as part of its response to a film that mocks the Prophet Muhammad.

Rushdie, an Indian-born British novelist, has nothing to do with the U.S.-made film Innocence of Muslims, which has sparked violent protests in Muslim countries.

He spent 10 years in hiding after being condemned to death in 1989 by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Iran's late leader, over his novel The Satanic Verses, which Khomeini claimed was blasphemous.

Iranian media quoted Hassan Sane'i, a cleric heading the 15 of Khordad Foundation, as saying if Rushdie had been killed the anti-Muslim film Innocence of Muslims would never have been made.

"I am adding another $500,000 to the reward for killing Salman Rushdie, and anyone who carries out this sentence will receive the whole amount immediately," said Sane'i in a statement carried by the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA).

The total reward for the author’s death offered by the foundation stands at $3.3 million, with Sanei saying "these days are the most appropriate time to carry it (Rushdie's murder) out."

Khomeini's original fatwa on Rushdie was condemned in the West as incitement to murder and an assault on freedom of speech.

The author came out of hiding in 1999 after Iran's foreign ministry assured Britain that Iran would do nothing to implement the fatwa. In 2005, current supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei renewed the fatwa, saying Rushdie was considered an apostate whose murder was authorized under Islam.

Rushdie was in Toronto last week at the premiere of Midnight’s Children, Deepa Mehta’s film version of his Booker Prize-winning book. Rushdie’s memoir, Joseph Anton, released this week, tells the story of his life in hiding.

Reward for Salman Rushdie's murder boosted by Iran cleric - World - CBC News

The Mullah brigade strikes again!

There are more than 50 weekly flights from India to Tehran, and Rushdi is an Indian product. lol

In India Muslims are being killed regularly but that is not an issue for Iran.

IMO... crimes of Hindu army are much bigger than the crimes of Salman Rushdee.

They should keep that 3.3 million, by the look of those sanctions Iran will need it a lot more than they think.

@batman: yeah its really sad, since indian army is more evil than rushdie, the cleric should have set the bounty on its head, sadly he didnt have the balls to do that so he chose the lesser evil-rushdie

Lets this be clear salman rushdie as an indian pioneered insulting Islam and Muslim. Till this day we see many copy cat of this indian trying to do the same to grab 15 minutes of fame.

sarey musalman cho**** pagal ho gye hain
this is how it worked so far, someone writes a book, no one in the world knows about then the writer calls a muslim and tells him I wrote very bad things about your prophet and wallah they tell it to everyone. Same happened with this movie no one even in hollywood knew about it, no one in US knew about it then how these people in Eqypt and Lybia find out.

Lets this be clear salman rushdie as an indian pioneered insulting Islam and Muslim. Till this day we see many copy cat of this indian trying to do the same to grab 15 minutes of fame.

Rushdie didn't start it. He is an opportunistic nonentity who just jumped on an existing gravy train.

The Iranian cleric is stupid. He should donate the money to feed and clothe poor people instead.

There are more than 50 weekly flights from India to Tehran, and Rushdi is an Indian product. lol

Pakistanis have managed to kill a lot more Shias. So if we go by your logic, Iran should be attacking Pakistan any time now.

Rushdie didn't start it. He is an 1. opportunistic nonentity who just jumped on an existing gravy train.

The Iranian cleric is stupid. 2 .He should donate the money to feed and clothe poor people instead.

1. Agreed.
2. As if he has the money. I bet it will be paid in IOU's :D

sarey musalman cho**** pagal ho gye hain
this is how it worked so far, someone writes a book, no one in the world knows about then the writer calls a muslim and tells him I wrote very bad things about your prophet and wallah they tell it to everyone. Same happened with this movie no one even in hollywood knew about it, no one in US knew about it then how these people in Eqypt and Lybia find out.

Instant ticket to fame write or shoot something bad about Islam even the cr@ppiest video shot from a cam or a web cam will do, before doing that establish supply chains of US flags made in China to Islamic countries for burning = quick bucks.

I think more Muslims are being killed in Pakistan than India.also,where were you when Muslims were being killed in Iraq,Afghanistan?

Back
Top Bottom