What's new

Rangers arrest 13 suspects, seal bomb-making factory in Karachi

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Security operation: Rangers arrest 13 suspects, seal bomb-making factory in Karachi
By Web Desk
Published: March 16, 2013
521761-suspectsarrested-1363417631-620-640x480.jpg

521761-weaponskarachisecurityoperation-1363416852-898-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: Rangers arrested at least 13 suspects during a search operation in the Surjani Town area of Karachi on Saturday and sealed a factory producing local bombs, reported Express News.
Security personnel recovered as much as 25 kilogrammes of explosives and a huge cache of arms and ammunition from the suspects. Five locally-made bombs embedded in cricket balls were also recovered.
Rangers said that the factory was located with the help of sniffer dogs.
On Thursday, the police claimed to have arrested the prime suspect in the Abbas Town blasts along with his two accomplices. The suspects were allegedly associated with Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
Police and Rangers have been carrying out several search operations in volatile areas across the city in an effort to apprehend those responsible for the rising violence in the Karachi.

All this big success in counter-terrorism and operations by rangers makes me wonder, why they couldn't do it earlier.

Just yesterday security forces diffused a 10 kg bomb in Baluchistan

Any International teams want to tour Pakistan? We'll let you win
And people were asking why Indians check Pakistani cyclists. Anyone can plat explosive anywhere.

All this big success in counter-terrorism and operations by rangers makes me wonder, why they couldn't do it earlier.

Just yesterday security forces diffused a 10 kg bomb in Baluchistan And people were asking why Indians check Pakistani cyclists. Anyone can plat explosive anywhere.

Indian friends should realize that Pakistani authorities can do a lot, they can even clean up this entire mess in less than a year - if they are lead to understand that there is a will and it hold them accountable -- usually there are any number of political players, Indians should understand this from their own internal dynamic -- you know we think of these politicians as a curse, and perhaps they are, but the politicians don't ee themselves in the same light, they think they are necessary, that society will explode without their interventions, as if that would be a bad thing

PPP is going- Last desperate attempts to gain few votes-
where were the arrests and operations earlier?-

i dont know why im feeling skeptic about all these operations :/ how is it possible to arrest all these 'terrorists' who are affiliated with the political parties? and surprisingly none of the political party has made any noise about it which is weird and goes against their past practice.
or are the rangers only focusing on the taliban side of the 'terrorists'?

yeh kaam pehle ker dete to yeh aaj ka din aa dekhna padta, haraam khor police politicians and rangers

saab haram ke kamaye khane waale

Just yesterday security forces diffused a 10 kg bomb in Baluchistan

And people were asking why Indians check Pakistani cyclists. Anyone can plat explosive anywhere.

yeah! and our hocky players will be with bombs in their sticks,and squash players having bombs in their rackets....
Why not you seal borders??
and also stop Rehman Malik arrival in India...
maybe he have a bomb tied with his pe**s...:blah::blah:

This is a very welcome development indeed. I am sure CID-ATC must have been involved in this spectacular raid in some manner or the other. Highly commendable action which I must fully appreciate. I think the real problem however does not lie in Karachi. As noted here thse men were Maseeds from South Waziristan.

The bomb making factories there need to be utterly destroyed. Also question is why wake up so late. They clearly had this kind of capacity in Karachi...

Tortured to death: Gangster Arshad Pappu’s body found in Lyari
By Faraz Khan
Published: March 17, 2013

KARACHI: Police recovered the bodies of gangster Arshad Pappu and his brother Arfat in the Lyari area of Karachi early Sunday morning.

The police claimed that both the men were kidnapped and were tortured to death.

The kidnappers shot them multiple times and chopped the bodies into pieces before throwing them away.

Shera Pathan, another one of Pappu’s accomplices, was also killed in a firing incident a few hours later after the bodies were found.

Pappu, as he is commonly known, was one of the key players in the Lyari gang wars

He was arrested in 2006 but was released on bail in the 60-something cases against him last year.

He was being kept at a jail in Balochistan.

Tortured to death: Gangster Arshad Pappu’s body found in Lyari
By Faraz Khan
Published: March 17, 2013

KARACHI: Police recovered the bodies of gangster Arshad Pappu and his brother Arfat in the Lyari area of Karachi early Sunday morning.

The police claimed that both the men were kidnapped and were tortured to death.

The kidnappers shot them multiple times and chopped the bodies into pieces before throwing them away.

Shera Pathan, another one of Pappu’s accomplices, was also killed in a firing incident a few hours later after the bodies were found.

Pappu, as he is commonly known, was one of the key players in the Lyari gang wars

He was arrested in 2006 but was released on bail in the 60-something cases against him last year.

He was being kept at a jail in Balochistan.
:enjoy: A vital loss for MQM :rofl: , Great work PAC and Lyari'ites. Sure your influence is increasing in the region.

Back
Top Bottom