What's new

Questions and Answers: People pursuing a career as a Pilot!

unstopabl3

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty sure many threads have been posted regarding such matters but I'm making this thread in an attempt to consolidate different opportunities a person seeking a career as a pilot may have in armed forces or elsewhere.

It would be beneficial for everyone to simply visit this thread if they want to pursue a piloting career.

I'll start it off with a question I have and hopefully others will contribute with their own questions, doubts and answers.

Q1) What are the different branches in Pakistan Air Force, Navy and Army where one could apply to become a Pilot? I'm not talking about becoming just a Fighter Pilot but also about the transporters and flying helicopters etc. Anything which has to do with flying! I'd appreciate if you mention the requirements or point to that information on the web.

Thanks in advance!

From what I've gathered, you can't apply for pilot training in Army directly, they recruit from within the force. Is that correct?

C'mon guys need answers :)

Q1) What are the different branches in Pakistan Air Force, Navy and Army where one could apply to become a Pilot? I'm not talking about becoming just a Fighter Pilot but also about the transporters and flying helicopters etc. Anything which has to do with flying! I'd appreciate if you mention the requirements or point to that information on the web.

In all these forces their is only one branch which has pilots, in Navy & Army its aviation in PAFits GDP branch. No body joins military to become a specifc type of pilot, its his performance that changes his destiny....categorization is done on basis of pilot's performance. If he is not capable for fighters( in AF) then he is sent to heliz and transport a/c. Sometimes other reasons changes the fate too eg long torso is not suitable for fighters/tainers because of less space in cockpit so they are sent to transport a/c.

Thanks, how about Pakistan Navy? How can one apply to become a pilot there?

I Don't know about induction mechanism in Navy, AFAIK in Navy and Army the cadet has to service 6months at their respective academy before joining PAF Academy Risalpur for basic flying training, same is the case for aeronautical engineers.

Thanks for the reply. So aeronautical engineers who qualify can switch branches and start fighter pilot training? I thought they had stopped doing this in PAF?

Thanks for the reply. So aeronautical engineers who qualify can switch branches and start fighter pilot training? I thought they had stopped doing this in PAF?

No switching careers is not possible, what i mean was that AE cadets have to serve 6months at their own military academy before joining PAF Academy for professional training in aeronautical engg. In initial 6months cadets are taught the basic rules & regulations of military apart from academic courses.

Q2) If we are not selected in any branch of Armed Forces specifically as a Pilot, then is it a far fetched dream to do private pilot training in hopes to get hired by PIA as a commercial pilot? Since I've heard PIA mostly hired PAF pilots ...

I have a question......Does PAF prefers a candidate having private pilot license for inductions in gdp branch?

I don't think that has much weight-age, but it could show your passion for flying :)

hi,
i am a girl and i want to know can i apply for the GD pilot test ? i also wanna know the date of the upcoming test of entrance.

Best Regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom