What's new

Question on Pakistani exports

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
FedEx says certain items are forbidden to be exported from Pakistan. This includes "antiques". Does anyone know if this also includes works by current Pakistani artists?

FedEx says certain items are forbidden to be exported from Pakistan. This includes "antiques". Does anyone know if this also includes works by current Pakistani artists?

Just ask a friend to put the "Stuff" in their Carry on when they come on Ethiad, Emirate, or Qatar.

What are you trying to smuggle? An antique piece?

@Solomon2

Taking out an antique is a crime. Please don't listen to people giving you tips on how to smuggle it out. Not only is it against the law, it is ethically wrong. I am sure you won't do it.

Just ask a friend to put the "Stuff" in their Carry on when they come on Ethiad, Emirate, or Qatar.

What the hell, man???!!!

It is wrong and against the law. Don't do it.

If you have bought the art legally and can prove it then there is no problem. What is contraband are older works of art or historically significant things like old statues etc. These laws are to stop their leaving their country because they can not be legally sold or bought.

Relax everyone, he's not saying he wants to smuggle it, he's asking whether he's allowed to take it or not.

@Gufi is right
As far as I know, It's legal (as long as it's not stolen of course) but you might have to get a permit and pay customs tax if it's expensive. (Above 75000 PKR, as per some sources)

seriously guys , you are scaring our brother here hahahahaha
@Solomon2 if you buy it and have all the receipts , than i guess you wont have any issues .. .. but i am curious about this Antique stuff you bought ...

What are you trying to smuggle? An antique piece?
seriously guys , you are scaring our brother here hahahahaha
Solomon2 if you buy it and have all the receipts , than i guess you wont have any issues .. .. but i am curious about this Antique stuff you bought ...
Not smuggling anything. Not saying what it is, but am trying to purchase directly from the artists. Yet in China this can lead to trouble, the authorities sometimes (not always) claiming that it's their "national heritage" or some such.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom