What's new

Question: How to read old posts of forum members?

Donatello

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

So i was wondering if i could read the past forum posts by members? I know you can click on their name and go to their profile. But it only shows a limited number of posts. Can we read posts since they became member, as many of our senior members have thousands of posts and are here for past 6-7 years.

thanks.

Hi,
But it only shows a limited number of posts.

You keep pressing the 1 2 3 4 .. > buttons (after clicking find latest posts on that particular members home page) you will see the posters post according to date. Keep going and you will find his first post. I know it is a long procedure esp if the member is a heavy poster

Can we read posts since they became member, as many of our senior members have

Like I said keep going.. Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

keep_walking_2.jpg

Hi,

So i was wondering if i could read the past forum posts by members? I know you can click on their name and go to their profile. But it only shows a limited number of posts. Can we read posts since they became member, as many of our senior members have thousands of posts and are here for past 6-7 years.

thanks.

- View member profile
- Find latest posts
- On this page, there's no pager to get to the last page (ie. their first post) so your best bet is to guess what page number you want and replace the current page number with the one you want in the url.

Trial and error... or if you have some time on your hands, you can figure it out using their join date and posts per day.

- View member profile
- Find latest posts
- On this page, there's no pager to get to the last page (ie. their first post) so your best bet is to guess what page number you want and replace the current page number with the one you want in the url.

Trial and error... or if you have some time on your hands, you can figure it out using their join date and posts per day.

Thanks for input, but i tried and it doesn't work.
:undecided:

MODS/ADMINs any help here???

Okay so i found a way.

Basically, you can view the thanks received by a member and those thanks show the posts. So even though each post is shown as many times as it was thanked in their profile, you can stifle back and read the past posts.

Oh in case you were wondering, there were some older members here, like Think Tanks and Professionals who are no longer active. I found their posts to be quite informative. So that's why i was like i might as well read them up in my free time.

MODS/Admins, can close this thread.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom