What's new

PTI leader's father-in-law receiving ‘threats from TTP’

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RAWALPINDI, May 22: A wealthy businessman, who is also father-in-law of a Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader, has been receiving threats from suspected Taliban who have been demanding Rs100 million to help them in their ‘noble cause of Jihad’.

Police said on Wednesday that a well-built, bearded man went to the business offices of Raja Hanif in his absence and delivered a letter and a Universal Serial Bus or USB (a data storage device used in computers) for him.

Mr Hanif, father-in-law of Sadaqat Abbasi who contested the May 11 elections on a PTI ticket for a Murree seat – said in his statement recorded by the police that the letter was written on the pad of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) organisation.

“It was inscribed with extortion and life threats,” he said, adding that he was stunned on seeing the USB.

The complainant said: “Two men suspected to be Taliban were visible in the USB. They were saying that they were doing Jihad and wanted to use my wealth for the noble cause.”

He had received threats twice in the last ten days, since the delivery of the letter and the USB to his offices, Mr Hanif said.

According to the police, one of the threatening calls was made from somewhere in Islamabad and the other from a phone number of Bannu.

An investigating officer said police were trying to trace the locations of the callers and other details. However, they were not sure that the threats were made by the TTP.
Businessman receiving

Its nothing related to PTI, Its Talebans and their fakes standard operating procedures to collect Chanda by threats from wealthy people. if any one doubt plz check some wealthy businessman in Peshawar Karachi etc, Party affiliation does not matter at all.

Terrorist madness knows no bounds. I still have to understand what the bearded barbarians hoped to achieve by bombing a Chinese delegation and sending death threats of Jemina Khan's father. It is an example of a fried brain. The Taliban are crazed madmen.

:laugh: could be anyone who wants to mint money from wealthy trader and fortunately he happens to susra of PTI local leader

pmln now acting as Taliban on PTI.... shame

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom