What's new

PTI leader accused of extortion at gunpoint

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BHAKKAR: A case has been registered against a Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf leader in Bhakkar district for demanding protection money at gunpoint, police said on Saturday.

Police said the complainant, Deputy Director Muhammad Khalid Hanif, an audit officer at the Bhakkar Town Municipal Authority had told them that PTI leader Abu Bakar Niazi had threatened him and demanded money at gun point.

Hanif said Niazi visited his office on Friday and asked that he be allowed to place advertising billboards in the district. Hanif said when he told him that he should get in touch with the district officer and the Inspection Supervision Department, Niazi demanded that he be paid 20 per cent shares of all amounts he received.

“He took out a gun and threatened that this would be our last meeting if I did not follow his instructions,” he said.

1824.jpg

District Police Officer Sarfraz Falki told the media that an FIR had been registered against Niazi with the City police. He said a police team had been constituted to arrest the suspect.

Abu Bakar Niazi’s mobile phones were switched off when The Express Tribune tried to contact him.

Nisar Hussain, the PTI District Action Committee Chairman told The Express Tribune that the party would look into the case.

He said Niazi would be sacked from the party if found guilty. “I have taken the matter… recommendations have been forwarded to suspend his member ship till the result of the investigations,” he said.

Niazi is reportedly planning to contest local government election. He joined the PTI in April, 2012, after he left the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz.

@Jazzbot @Leader @airmarshal @AUz

My dear @cb4

I m not a PTI spokesman. PTI and its people come from amongst us. They have all the bad traits that we all have. The difference in PTI and other parties is the difference between Imran and other leaders. Imran has all the good and all the right points of view that I have personally seen in nations that have prospered.

What Imran says and wishes for Pakistan, I have seen those principles in action here. I have observed and realized that nations do not prosper if the country is considered a 'friends and family' package. If its treated as such, friends, your family and their families do prosper but nation founders. If principles of merit are adopted, it strengthens the institutions and its the institutions that run a country. A country with strong institutions is a country that prospers and that principle is so against family domination as family or individual domination is mutually exclusive to institution domination.

You will find extortionist, bijli chor, jaali degree walaa and other bad types in PTI too. But I know they will be insignificant or pushed out of the party because its leader doesnot stand for values that I just enumerated. For other parties, not only these types hold important positions but will keep the ascent as the only value for these parties is getting to the power, holding onto it and use it for family or personal influence.

I hope you will appreciate my point of view. You agree or disagree, it doesn't matter to me.

Take care

Sincerely

airmarshal

already posted and stated our stance, infact the news item itself shows our stance, secondly isolated incident doesnot make us like you munafiq or bhata khor, get over it and improve !

PTI has no presence in BHAKKAR... even there was not a single candidate of PTI in bhakkar NA
NA-73.

There should be a firm action against this person from PTI, no tolerance.

There should be a firm action against this person from PTI, no tolerance.

There was one of your MNA who was ring leader of bank robberies, Nawaz Sharif took no action, against him.
There are hundreds of terrorists freed by PTI govt. any action taken by federation so far?
PTI is running peace deals with a national enemy, who had committed terrorism in every province, did center took action against PTI?
Do you want me to write more?

There was one of your MNA who was ring leader of bank robberies, Nawaz Sharif took no action, against him.
There are hundreds of terrorists freed by PTI govt. any action taken by federation so far?
PTI is running peace deals with a national enemy, who had committed terrorism in every province, did center took action against PTI?
Do you want me to write more?

enemies of whose "nation"?????? you dont create nations by drawing lines in the dirt....

PTI does not have a strong base in Bhakkar for obvious reasons, Niazi's are strong there, especially near Allu Walli, I.K's own uncle and farmland is in Allu Walli, but the real power in the district is with the Maghdoom's who of course sway towards PML.

Like any Political party, PTI has in it's midst the odd miscreant, but that does not mean the entire basket of apples is rotten. Lets see where this leads.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom