What's new

PTI fields Musharraf loyalists of the past

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) has opted for a multitude of former federal and provincial ministers of Pervez Musharraf’s era or their sons for the May 11 electoral match.

A close look at the who’s who of such figures fielded by the PTI makes an instructive reading.

Ghulam Sarwar Khan of Pind Nuasheri Taxila has competed for each and every election since 1985 from NA-53 Rawalpindi. He was health minister in the Manzoor Wattoo-Nakai governments in 1994-1996. He was affiliated with Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) for decades, and was considered part of the Aftab Sherpao group within this party. He fought the 2002 elections as an independent candidate with famous election symbol of Chand Tara. After reaching the National Assembly, he joined the PML-Q, was made labour minister and became a close associate of Chaudhrys of Gujrat and Musharraf.

Musharraf and Chaudhrys patronized him in the hope to put a formidable challenge to his traditional rival Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan of the PML-N. In the 2008 polls, he lost with a huge margin to him from the Taxilla-Wah constituency of Rawalpindi. This time around, the PTI awarded its ticket to him against his usual opponent.

The PTI has also sponsored Malik Amin Aslam belonging to the famous political family of Attock, called the Maliks of Shamsabad. His grandfather Malik Akram founded the group. His father Malik Aslam vied for every election from the PPP platform. His uncle Malik Qasim used to fight polls from Bhawalnagar. Amin Aslam is son-in-law of PML-N leader Chaudhry Ahmad Saeed, the owner of famous Servis Industries, who is elder brother of PPP stalwart Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar. Amin Aslam was minister in the Shaukat Aziz cabinet and ran for the 2008 elections on the PML-Q ticket from NA-57 Attock and lost to PML-N’s Sheikh Aftab.

Malik Anwar, popularly known as Colonel Anwar, who was minister for cooperatives in the Pervez Elahi cabinet in 2002-2007, is vying for PP-18 Pindigheb (Attock) on the PTI ticket. He lost the 2008 elections to PPP’s Nawabzada Khurrum. Col Anwar belongs to the famous Malik clan of Pindigheb.

Sibtain Khan, running for PP-46 Mianwali constituency from the PTI platform, was minister for mines and minerals in the Pervez Elahi cabinet. He lost to PML-N’s Feroz Joyia in 2008. It was during his incumbency in 2009 that the Lahore High Court declared as illegal the whole transaction of awarding the famous iron ore mines in Chiniot to a foreign company.

Musharraf’s famed foreign minister Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri is fighting on the PTI ticket for his traditional National Assembly seat from Kasur.

Similarly, Musharraf’s railways minister Ishaq Khakwani is vying for a National Assembly seat from Vehari on the PTI platform.

Afzal Sindhu, who was minister in the Gilani cabinet, is trying his luck under the PTI sponsorship from Haroonabad against Ejazul Haq.

Senior PTI leader Jehangir Tareen, who is running from Lodhran, was advisor to Shahbaz Sharif and Pervez Elahi, when they were chief ministers, and then industries minister during Musharraf’s era.

He resigned his Rahim Yar Khan National Assembly seat after he fell out with his brother-in-law, the present Punjab governor.

Ajmal Cheema, a multi-billionaire from Sialkot, who has a sprawling business in the United States, was minister in the PML-Q government in 2002. He is aspiring for a National Assembly seat from Sialkot on the PTI ticket.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who was minister in the cabinets of Nawaz Sharif, Benazir Bhutto and Gilani is competing for two National Assembly from Multan and Sindh under the PTI umbrella.

Former PPP Senator Shafqat Mehmood, who was minister in Musharraf’s cabinet, is testing his electoral politics for the first time from Model Town Lahore on the PTI ticket.

Former minister in the 1996 Wattoo cabinet Shahnawaz Cheema has got the PTI sponsorship for the National Assembly from Wazirabad against the son of prominent Leaguer Hamid Nasir Chattha and PML-N candidate Justice (R) Iftikhar Cheema.

Aslam Iqbal, who is the running mate of Imran Khan in NA-122 Lahore as the candidate for a Punjab assembly seat, was minister in the Pervez Elahi cabinet. PTI s chief campaigner in Lahore Aleem Khan was minister for information technology in the same cabinet.

Akhtar Hussain Rizvi from Sialkot, who was labour minister in Pervez Elahi’s cabinet, is also fighting on the PTI ticket for the Pasroor National Assembly against PML-N’s Zahid Hamid. Another PTI nominee for a National Assembly seat in Khanewal, Hussain Jahenian Gardezi, was minister in Pervez Elahi’s government.

Humair Rokhari, son of Gul Hameed Rokari of Mianwali, is contesting on the PML-N ticket for NA-72. Gul Hamid was minister for uncountable times in the cabinets of Nawaz Sharif and Pervez Elahi.

Amjad Khan is son of famous Dr Sher Afgan, who was twice elected to the National Assembly from NA-72 Mianwali and was federal minister and most ardent supporter of Musharraf in the 2002 National Assembly. The young man lost to PML-N’s Humair Rokhari in 2008. Amjad Khan is now the PTI candidate from Mianwali. In 2002, Dr Sher Afgan hit the headlines when he moved the Election Commission of Pakistan for Imran Khan’s disqualification under articles 62 and 63.

Amjad Khan was picked up after ignoring Inamullah Niazi, a close relative of Imran Khan and aggressive PTI spokesman, which has estranged his brothers too much.

Waqas Wasi, son of the famous Wasi Zafar, who was law minister in the Musharraf’s regime and gained prominence for his off-the-cuff remarks in TV talk shows, is in the electoral arena as the PTI candidate from Jaranwala, Faisalabad.

Husnain Iqbal, son of Zafar Iqbal Warraich from Rahim Yar Khan, is a Punjab Assembly candidate from the PTI. Zafar Iqbal was minister of state for interior in the Musharraf government. He vied for the 2008 elections on the PPP ticket and won. This time he has fielded his son from a different political platform.

Nauraiz Shakoor, a scion of Rajput family from Sahiwal, was minister for oil and gas in the Musharraf government. His son is vying for a National Assembly seat in Sahiwal on the PTI ticket against PML-N’s Pir Imran Shah, who had originally ignited the implication of Abdul Qadir Gilani, son of Yusuf Raza Gilani, in the Haj corruption scandal.

Nawabzada Mansoor Ali Khan, son of legendary Nawabzada Nasrullah Khan, who was minister in the Wattoo cabinet, is trying his luck for a National Assembly seat in Muzaffargarh on the PTI ticket.

Hamad Azhar, son of former Punjab governor Mian Azhar, is a PTI nominee from Lahore. Apart from being a close associate of Nawaz Sharif, Mian Azhar was part of the kitchen cabinet of Musharraf and Chaudhrys of Gujrat after the 1999 coup.

PTI fields Musharraf loyalists of the past - thenews.com.pk

If they're from the then Pakistan Muslim League (Qaid) party which President Pervez Musharraf has nothing to do with anymore, then it's fine.

lol baas ?? out of 272 NA candiates + PP candidates... now ache bache kee tera PML-N kee list bee daka dena.. let me give u cheda cheda name

Marvi memon ( Musharif Godfather )

Amer Muqam ( Little brother - pistol wala bhai )

Tariq Azeem ( Lal Masjid operation )

Anjum Wakeel ( One of biggest fraud )

etc etc etc...

Chalo i can help with rest

The huge lot of 53 MNA candidates with the PML-N tickets in pocket include
Raja Javed Ikhlas (NA-51), former District Naib Nazim from 2001-2005 and District Nazim Rawalpindi from 2005 to 2010 on PML-Q ticket, Malik Aitebar Khan (NA-58), former PML-Q MPA (joined the PML forward bloc), Maj (retd) Tahir Iqbal (NA-60) was PML District Nazim Attock, Ghias Mela (NA-65) had contested from PML platform for NA seat in 2008, Dr Zulifqar Ali Bhatti (NA-67 ) contested MNA election in 2008 on PPP ticket, Sumaira Malik (NA-69) was former federal minister from 2002 to 2007 and won in the national assembly seat on PML ticket in 2008, Abdullah Shadikhel (NA-71) was PML MNA candidate from 2002 and 2008, Humair Hayat Rokari (NA-72) former district Nazim, Rasheed Akbar Niwani (NA-74) was former PML District Nazim of Bhakkar, Col (retd) Ghulam Rasool Sahi (NA-75) was former PML MNA in 2002, Muhammad Asim Nazir (NA-77 ) former PML-Q MNA in 2008, Qaiser Ahmed Shaikh (NA-86) contested from Tehreek-e-Istaqlal in 2002 and an independent candidate in 2008, Ghulam Bibi Bharwana (NA-87 ) was elected MNA on PML ticket in 2002 and 2008, Shaikh Waqas Akram (NA-89 ) former federal minister from PML, Saima Akhtar Bharwana (NA-90 ) won in 2002 as an independent candidate and joined PML and again contested as an independent candidate in 2008 and won, Sahibzada Mahboob Sultan (NA-91 ) former district Nazim Jhang and former MNA on PML ticket, Azhar Qayyum Nehra (NA-100 ) is former PML MPA from Gujranwala, Mian Shahid Hussain Bhatti (NA-103) is former PML Tehsil Nazim, Nawabzada Mazhar Ali (NA-104) is from PPP, Ch Mubashir Hussain (NA-105 ) is from the PPP, PTI and finally landed in the PML-N, Ch Abid Raza (NA-107 ) is from PML, having been alleged to have contacts with banned outfits and was in the PPP in 2002 and afterwards joined the PML after Chaudharys managed his release from the jail, Nasir Iqbal Bosal (NA-109 ) had contested 2002 election on the PML ticket and lost to PPP candidate, Ch Armaghan Subhani (NA-111 ) is former PML Punjab Minister, Zahid Hamid (NA-114 ) had drafted the NRO and November 3 Emergency Order and was former PML State Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Daniyal Aziz (NA-116 ) is the former Chairman NRB during Musharraf era, Rai Mansab Ali Khan (NA-137 ) was elected MNA in 2002 and got defeated in 2008 on the PML ticket, Nadeem Abbas Raberra(NA-143 ) is from PML, Rao Muhammad Ajmal (NA-146) contested and lost on the PML ticket, Mian Moeen Wattoo (NA-147 ) contested and lost on the PML ticket, Sheikh Tairq Rashid (NA-149) was a PML candidate for tehsil nazim, Sikandar Hayat Bosan (NA-151 ) was PML MNA, Ashiq Hussain Bukhari (NA-151) is former PML MPA, Pir Rafiuddin Bukhari (NA-154 ) was PML MPA in 2002 and 2008, Muhammad Akhtar Khan Kanju (NA-155) was PML MNA, Syed Fakhar Imam (NA-156) remained with the PML before joining the PPP and losing in 2008. Fakhar Imam’s daughter is still a PPP Senator.

Pir Aslam Bodla (NA-158 is from the PPP, Ch Iftikhar Nazir (NA-159) is from the PPP, Ch Ashraf (NA-161 ) is from PML, Saeed Manhais (NA-169 ) is from PML-J and his son has won on the PML ticket in 2008, Sardar Jafar Laghari (NA-174 ) was PML MNA, Hafeez-ur-Rehman Dareshak (NA-175 ) was former PML district Nazim, Malik Sultan Hinjra (NA-176 ) won from the PML platform in 2002 and 2008, Khalid Gurmani (NA-177 ) is from PML and had party ticket, but lost, Ibad Dogar (NA-178) is from PML, Makhdoom Basit Sultan (NA-179 ) is from PML, Abdullah Shah Bukhari (NA-180) is from PML, Makhdoomzada Hasan Ali (NA-183 ) is from PML, Mian Najeebuddin Awasi (NA-184 ) was tehsil nazim Bahawalpur, Khadim Wattoo (NA-188 ) was PML provincial minister, Alam Dad Lalika (NA-189 ) is the son of former Federal Minister late Abdul Sattar Lalika, who was the first one to join the Musharraf bandwagon well before the Chaudharys changed loyalties, Tahir Bashir Cheema (NA-190 ) had contested the national assembly elections in 2002 and 2008 on PML ticket and Makhdoom Alam Anwar (NA-190) is from the PML.

Meanwhile, the PML-N’s choice on 93 provincial seats include Raja Shaukat Aziz Bhatti (PP-4) former PML forward bloc MPA, Engineer Qamar-ul-Islam (PP-5) former PML forward bloc MPA, Col (retd) Shujah Khanzada (PP-16) former Punjab Minister and PML MPA, Sher Ali Khan (PP-18) former PML forward bloc MPA, Malik Zahoor Anwar (PP-23) former PML forward bloc MPA, Mukhtar Bharat (PP-28) former PML forward bloc MPA who got elected MPA on PML-N ticket in 2002 and joined PML-Q, Ghulam Dastgir Lak (PP-29) contested election on PML ticket in 2008, Manazir Ali Ranjha (PP-31) former PML MPA and Punjab Minister, Malik Shoaib Iqbal (PP-32) contested on PPP ticket in 2002, Dr Nadia Aziz (PP-34) PPP MPA in 2002, Sardar Kamil Gujjar (PP-35) PPP MPA in 2002 and 2008, Rana Munawer Hussain (PP-36) PPP MPA in 2008, Malik Javed Iqbal Awan (PP-39) PML MPA in 2002, Karam EIlahi Bandial (PP-40) joined PML in 2002, Muhammad Waris Kallu (PP-42) former parliamentary secretary PML 2002 to 2007, Amanat Ullah Khan Shadikhel (PP-43) former PML MPA in 2002, Adil Abdullah Rokari (PP-44) from PML-Q, Ali Haider Noor Niazi (PP-45) elected MPA on JUP ticket in 2008, Malik Feroze Joya (PP-46) from PML, Sanaullah Mastikhel (PP-47 ) was elected as MNA on PML-Q ticket from NA-73 in 2002, Hameed Akbar Niwani (PP-48) from PML-Q, Saeed Akbar Niwani (PP-49) former Punjab Minister in 2002, Afzal Sahi (PP-52) former Speaker Punjab Assembly and elected MPA in 2002 on PML ticket, Rai Ejaz Hussain (PP-56) PML forward bloc MPA, Khalid Khalil Noor (PP-58) PML-Q forward bloc MPA, Arif Gill (PP-59) PML MPA in 2002, Rao Kashif Rahim (PP-60) from PML, Raza Nasrullah Ghumman (PP-62) from PPP, Ajmal Asif (PP-63) from PML forward bloc MPA, Muhammad Saqlain Anwar (PP-76) PML forward bloc MPA, Khalid Sarghana (PP-79) PML forward bloc MPA, Azam Chela (PP-82) from PML, Ch Iqbal Gujjar (PP-98) former PML MPA and Punjab Minister, Shamshad Ahmed Khan (PP-100) former PML MPA and Punjab Minister, Malik Fayyaz Ahmed (PP-105) former PPP MPA in 2008, Nighat Intisar Bhatti (PP-107) PML, Nawabzada Haider Mehdi (PP-108) PPP, Maj Moeen Nawaz (PP-109) from PPP, Raza Ali Warriach (PP-110) from PML, Mian Tariq Mahmood (PP-113) PML-Q likeminded MPA, Hameeda Waheed-ud-Din (PP-116) PML MPA in 2002, Munawar Gill (PP-127) PML, Waseem Butt (PP-135) former tehsil nazim from Narowal on PML ticket, Col Shujjat Ali Khan (PP-136) PML forward bloc MPA, Akhtar Rasool (PP-148) was Chaudhrys’ adviser, Sahibzada Saeed Sharaqpuri (PP-165) PML, Malik Muhammad Ahmed Khan (PP-179) former PML MPA in 2002 and parliamentary secretary, Sheikh Alaudin (PP-181) PML forward bloc MPA, Javed Allaudin Sajid (PP-186) former PML-Q MPA in 2002, Raza Ali Gillani (PP-187) former Punjab Minister and PML-Q forward bloc MPA, Iftikhar Chichar (PP-188) PML MPA in 2002, Mian Moeen Wattoo (PP-193) contested on PML-Q ticket in 2002, Shaukat Bosan (PP-200) from PML-Q, Rai Mansab Ali (PP-202) former PML MNA,

Rana Ijaz Ahmed Noon (PP-204) former Punjab Minister and PML MPA, Naghma Mushtaq (PP-206) PML forward bloc MPA, Tahir Khan Malazai (PP-208) PML, Rana Muhammad Aslam Khan (PP-210) from PPP, Mukhtar Shah (PP-212) PPP, Rana Irfan Mahmood (PP-213)PPP, Nishat Ahmed Daha (PP-214) PPP, Amir Hayat Hiraj (PP-216) PML forward bloc MPA, Rana Babar Hussain (PP 217) PPP, Syed Hamil Shah (PP-218) PPP, Karam Dad Wahla (PP-219) PML former Nazim Jehanian, Khizar Hayat Khaga (PP-220) father of Walait Khagha, MPA Q League in 2002 and 2008, Muhammad Arshad Malik (PP-222) former forward bloc MPA, Arshad Khan Lodhi (PP-223) former Punjab Minister and PML MPA, Ch Muhammad Arshad (PP-225) PML forward bloc MPA, Ata Manika (PP-227) PML forward bloc MPA, Pir Kashif Ali (PP-231) PML forward bloc MPA, Pir Ghulam Muhayudin (PP-232) former PML MPA in 2002, Muhammad Saqib Khursheed (PP-236) former Tehsil Nazim PML, Saeed Manais (PP-238) PML, Mian Majid Nawaz (PP-239) former PML MPA IN 2002, Atif Hussain Mazari (PP-250) nephew of Shaukat Mazari former Deputy Speaker (PML-Q), Malik Ahmed Yar Hinjra (PP-251) former PML MPA in 2002, Tariq Ghurmani (PP-252) former PML MPA in 2002, Malik Muhammad Farooq Khar (PP-255) PML, Muhammad Imran Qureshi (PP-256) PML forward bloc member, Syed Haroon Ahmed Sultan (PP-258) former Punjab Minister and PML MPA, Sardar Muhammad Khan Jatoi (PP-259) PML, Muhammad Qaim Ali Shamsi (PP-261) PML, Malik Abdul Shakoor Sewag (PP-263) PML, Qaiser Khan Magsi (PP-264) former Tehsil Nazim PML, Syeda Begum wife of Ghulam Haider Thind (PP-266) PML, Sardar Khalid Mehmood Warn (PP-269) PML, Mian Muhammad Shoaib Awaisi (PP-270) PML, Muhammad Kazim Pirzada (PP-273) PML and Ijaz Shafi P-290 former Punjab Minister and PML forward bloc MPA.

146 get PML-N tickets, though they quit party after coup - thenews.com.pk

This coming from a PML supporter...that's rich!!!

BHai jan, aaj ka Mubashir Luqman ka program dekho, I hate the guy, but he listed 146 former Musharraf and PPP guys who were given tickets!

You are in the same bucket buddy, atleast PTI candidates are not corrupt.

its old wine in new bottle with exception of two or three leaders in the top leadership such as imran khan himself, my most favourite PTI'an Asad Umar and an emotional but honest lady Sherien Mazari and above all... tons of promises to fullfil for which I and we have supported PTI so much and eagerly campaigning for them upto whatever our capabilities are.

I have literally converted so many Nooners to vote for PTI for the sake of better Pakistan and they have thus far promised to vote after my request. I see no change really... not at all... I also know 90% of whatever PTI says are blunt lies or impractical but still if it lays the foundation of good governance and re-establish or introduce the independent institutions in the country free from the curse of politics and working solely for the sake of Pakistan... I would think I have achieved what I wanted to...

its old wine in new bottle with exception of two or three leaders in the top leadership such as imran khan himself, my most favourite PTI'an Asad Umar and an emotional but honest lady Sherien Mazari and above all... tons of promises to fullfil for which I and we have supported PTI so much and eagerly campaigning for them upto whatever our capabilities are.

I have literally converted so many Nooners to vote for PTI for the sake of better Pakistan and they have thus far promised to vote after my request. I see no change really... not at all... I also know 90% of whatever PTI says are blunt lies or impractical but still if it lays the foundation of good governance and re-establish or introduce the independent institutions in the country free from the curse of politics and working solely for the sake of Pakistan... I would think I have achieved what I wanted to...

Your last paragraph sums it up. If you remember, a couple od months back, you and I were in the same boat, unconvinced by PTI, but now I am totally convinced these are the right people right now...they are not angels, but currently the most capable folks around. Honest and clean top leadership. The PML duplicity and their shenanigans also have been exposed now. The hard work of Imran Khan and his personal passion is showing now.

I do still disagree with his stance on WoT, but not much else.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom