Pakistan

PM to launch e-passport system today:​

Twenty-nine latest new security features added to the e-passport

Our Correspondent
March 30, 2022

e passports will help authenticate traveller identity photo file

E-passports will help authenticate traveller identity. PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD:
Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed announced on Tuesday that Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch the e-passport service on Wednesday (today).

An electronic chip would be used in the new biometric passport, the federal minister said on his Twitter handle and informed that 29 latest new security features have been added to the e-passport.

It would be the biggest up-gradation of Pakistani travel documents since 2004, he added.

The minister said the e-passport holder would take benefit from the e-gate facility at all airports around the world.
Initially, an e-passport facility would be available for diplomatic and government officials, he added.

An e-passport is a highly secure travel document with an embedded microchip containing biometric information about the holder.

With the launch of the service, the country would become one of the many countries to have an electronic passport system, boosting security and smooth international travel.

amazing stuff, this would make life so much easier! great job

Hopefully it will make life easy for Pakistani national however I am skeptical about how many nations would allow Pakistani citizen to travel freely from e-Gates

It is very convenient feature for sure as I have been using this feature on my UK passport since 2008 I think. It is super convenient especially when travelling to home country

Bilo Rani's only credibility is She is the son of BB.
You mean BB the recipient of that the infamous necklace and the owner of that Surrey mansion...BB co-wrote the book on corruption and destruction of urban Sindh along with her conspirator in arm the most imminent Mr. 10%...

Bilo Rani's pedigree is one of callous and egregious indifference to the plight of weak and poor in Pakistan. Bilo Rani is a hereditary crook and traitor...

You mean BB the recipient of that the infamous necklace and the owner of that Surrey mansion...BB co-wrote the book on corruption and destruction of urban Sindh along with her conspirator in arm the most imminent Mr. 10%...

Bilo Rani's pedigree is one of callous and egregious indifference to the plight of weak and poor in Pakistan. Bilo Rani is a hereditary crook and traitor...

Yes, that very famous BB who was corrupt to the core like her husband. The same one is responsible for letting the moment when we could have punished India for their Sikh Genocide.

Back
Top Bottom