What's new

PM approves withdrawal of 80 income tax exemptions

despite paying very high taxes.
Bahi I dont know if I should laugh or cry.. only 3% of Pakistanis pay income tax and income tax is what makesup national exchequer 🤦‍♂️

We neither get tap water nor drinking water yet we have to pay tap water tax
How much is this water tax ? (Btw whee do you reside bahi?)
we pay for uninterrupted and clean electricity but so very often we face power outages, frequency mismatch, under/over voltage, phase dropouts which damage our electric products and because of which we also need to get UPS and/or Generators...and we get very high electricity bills;
Yes you pay for uninterrupted and clean electricity and it should be provided but then again it comes to the cycle of taxes 🙄

Govt needs money to fix 100 year old transmission line system, for that they need money, money can either come from national exchequer/reserves or loans, now we have had enough loans so only option is national exchequer and money in national exchequer comes from people through taxes so if we dont pay taxes how do you expect you will get that problem sorted out ? 😄

And dont forget that Govt also has binding contracts with IPPs which previous govt did and state that IPPs will be paid subsidies by govt for their production capacity not production but production capacity mtlb k bijli kitni ban k use ho rehi he uski subsidy nai hogi but kitni bna sakti hain IPPs uspe subsidy hogi 😒

we pay our taxes
This is from 2013 stating only 0.57% people pay income tax and today that number is around 3% or 4%
Income tax is backbone of a nations exchequer.

we pay our taxes and yet we need to pay for private education; we pay our taxes yet we have to pay for medical attention
And please refer to points about tax above ..

And yes we have problem with govt education and medical systems biggest being k govt doctors are allowed to have their own provate clinics and he refers most of patients to come and see him there.. then same with teachers they have their private tuition centers.. in Sindh govt teachers are even running as journos 🤣 3 3 jobs 🤣

And bahi reforms are needed but things dont change in a day if you back out from doing your duty and govt backs out from doing there then country will be f*cked up.. and if you do what you should as a citizen and govt does their job even then it will take years...

Do you know how long it took China to remove extreme poverty? 40 fricking years.. and we want everything to be perfect in 100 days 😆

And again extreme poverty not normal poverty woh abhi b he China me..

On top of that we need to pay bribes for basic municipal/government works
You need to ? Bahi this mindset is what is wrong with Pakistan today.. you do not need to neither you obliged to or you have to.. you need to stand up for yourself and say you are not required to pay bribe.. if people start saying this they will eventually stop asking but again "we need to pay it" isnt it ?

So, as someone already said, those who live outside have no idea what we Pakistanis go through. On top of it all, there is a vast majority here who is single and not responsible for the financial expenditures of their household and hence have absolutely no clue what average Pakistani has to do to make ends meet.
And we have all the idea of what Pakistanis have to go through mere bahi we have also lived in that society and we also have families back home who we stay in touch with.. and average Pakistani needs to learn and stop underselling himself..

But let's just still continue to support Imran Khan blindly, it is the Pakistanis who live in Pakistan who will suffer, right? and for others it will be ammi and abu who will bear the brunt of this incompetent, corrupt and ridiculous band of misfits at the helm of affairs in Pakistan today!
And no you do not have to support Khan there are others out there too Azad Chaiwala is going to make a political party.. they Rehan Allahwala has his Insan Party and Waqar Zaka has his own party why only Support Khan ?

But please do not support looters from PPP or PMLN and useful idiots of laal laal band lile Awami Worker Party..

And Pakistanis living in Pakistan chose those whose policies today have brought us... be it their loan taking which even forced Khan to take loans to save country from going bankrupt... or their expansive/blundering IPPs contracts and projects or their import based loans backed economy with artificial controlled Dollar... 🤔

And even today we have old mindset where "we pay all the taxes" even tho we won't and "we need to pay bribes" even tho we dont have to... and what we call incompetent is what we call long term reforms... this mehngai would have been here even if PMLN or anyone else was in power...

Read my post above, why should the Pakistanis be expected to pay taxes when we get absolutely nothing in return? Although that you are right on some points above, it is the responsibility of the Government to ensure cleanliness.....even by law, if the citizens continue to litter. Besides, it is only the richest or the poorest Pakistanis who don't pay INCOME taxes (Businessmen mostly). Those who are employed get their taxes deducted at source. AND EVERYBODY PAYS INDIRECT TAXES ON EVERYTHING!
And again its your duty to pay taxes so that govt can do theirs... and today only 3% pay taxes and I dont think Pakistan has only 3 middle class...

Bahi I dont know if I should laugh or cry.. only 3% of Pakistanis pay income tax and income tax is what makesup national exchequer 🤦‍♂️

And the Government should increase tax NET, not increase the TAXES repeatedly. Even IMF demands that Government must secure additonal taxes and wants the Government to increase Tax Net rather than to increase taxes on the ones who are already paying direct taxes. As is evident by the lower % of IT payers, the Government NEEDS to increase the Tax Net and NOT the Taxes.

By the way, 17% GST on all goods is not a joke. And every Pakistani pays not only the 17% GST but many additional indirect taxes levied on many different things. Pakistan is perhaps the only country in the world where we pay Taxes ON Tax.

How much is this water tax ? (Btw whee do you reside bahi?)

I am a resident of Karachi and monthly water charge is around Rs. 2k/month (if I recall correctly).

Yes you pay for uninterrupted and clean electricity and it should be provided but then again it comes to the cycle of taxes 🙄

Govt needs money to fix 100 year old transmission line system, for that they need money, money can either come from national exchequer/reserves or loans, now we have had enough loans so only option is national exchequer and money in national exchequer comes from people through taxes so if we dont pay taxes how do you expect you will get that problem sorted out ?

And dont forget that Govt also has binding contracts with IPPs which previous govt did and state that IPPs will be paid subsidies by govt for their production capacity not production but production capacity mtlb k bijli kitni ban k use ho rehi he uski subsidy nai hogi but kitni bna sakti hain IPPs uspe subsidy hogi 😒

Again, I am not against the Government collecting Taxes but am against the Government raising indirect Taxes again and again.

The transmission systems were required to be upgraded/updated by the IPPs, atleast correct in KE case but it has not been enforced. Not just that, KE in Karachi replaced all the Copper Cables with Silver which is costing the Consumers with numerable problems but nobody cares about it.

I know; I also know that at that time the Government was so desperate it would have signed any contract to get electricity as we were facing electricity shortage ranging from 12-18 hours a day.

This is from 2013 stating only 0.57% people pay income tax and today that number is around 3% or 4%
Income tax is backbone of a nations exchequer.

And please refer to points about tax above ..

And yes we have problem with govt education and medical systems biggest being k govt doctors are allowed to have their own provate clinics and he refers most of patients to come and see him there.. then same with teachers they have their private tuition centers.. in Sindh govt teachers are even running as journos 🤣 3 3 jobs 🤣

And bahi reforms are needed but things dont change in a day if you back out from doing your duty and govt backs out from doing there then country will be f*cked up.. and if you do what you should as a citizen and govt does their job even then it will take years...

Do you know how long it took China to remove extreme poverty? 40 fricking years.. and we want everything to be perfect in 100 days 😆

And again extreme poverty not normal poverty woh abhi b he China me..

But there is no positive indicator. It is all a lot of words but no actual ground implementation. Government Doctors should not be allowed to have their private practice; all Doctors who get their education from Government universities should be bound to serve at Government Hospitals for a period equivalent to the amount of money invested in their education by the Government. etc.

You need to ? Bahi this mindset is what is wrong with Pakistan today.. you do not need to neither you obliged to or you have to.. you need to stand up for yourself and say you are not required to pay bribe.. if people start saying this they will eventually stop asking but again "we need to pay it" isnt it ?

And we have all the idea of what Pakistanis have to go through mere bahi we have also lived in that society and we also have families back home who we stay in touch with.. and average Pakistani needs to learn and stop underselling himself..

My young friend, you have no clue. You cannot even get a property transferred unless you pay bribes. There is no way to get things done without paying bribes, the only other option is to not get the task done.

And no you do not have to support Khan there are others out there too Azad Chaiwala is going to make a political party.. they Rehan Allahwala has his Insan Party and Waqar Zaka has his own party why only Support Khan ?

But please do not support looters from PPP or PMLN and useful idiots of laal laal band lile Awami Worker Party..

And Pakistanis living in Pakistan chose those whose policies today have brought us... be it their loan taking which even forced Khan to take loans to save country from going bankrupt... or their expansive/blundering IPPs contracts and projects or their import based loans backed economy with artificial controlled Dollar... 🤔

I have no choice, literally; it is either the looters of this party or that party and that is it.....and behind every successful party, there is establishment. So, literally, Pakistanis are devoid of choices.

And my opinion on Dar's performance is very different, I believe that man was the best economist and finance minister Pakistan ever had. Everything he did, was the need of the hour. Just like Munafiq-e-Aala has to take additional debt to pay off previous debt is the "need of the hour"; the difference being that the former was extremely competent and the later is extremely incompetent.

And even today we have old mindset where "we pay all the taxes" even tho we won't and "we need to pay bribes" even tho we dont have to... and what we call incompetent is what we call long term reforms... this mehngai would have been here even if PMLN or anyone else was in power...

Mehengai or inflation is always there but its management is the key; while it was managed expertly by Dar, the same has failed miserably under Sheikh.....Sheikh, someone who even PPP got rid of as he blundeded so badly during PPP's reign after which they requested Dar to manage the economy under their own Government.

And again its your duty to pay taxes so that govt can do theirs... and today only 3% pay taxes and I dont think Pakistan has only 3 middle class...

It is the job of the Government to ensure that everybody pays 'due' taxes and that no segment is overtaxed. Again, something that the Government is failing miserably at.

Back
Top Bottom