What's new

Pakistani Pavilion receives gold award in commodity fair

ameer219

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani Pavilion receives gold award in commodity fair

KARACHI: The Pakistani Pavilion organised by Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) was awarded gold award for being the best Pavilion in the 3rd South Asian Countries Commodity Fair, held from 6-10th June 2010 at Kunming China.

Sri Lanka and India got silver and bronze respectively. Other SAARC member countries had also put up their pavilions and participated at official level, TDAP’ sate,emt Seventy five (75) companies selected by TDAP displayed a wide range of products that included textile products, leather & its products, cutlery, carpets & rugs, ladies garments, marble, handicrafts, wooden furniture, rock salt, jewellery, natural stone, gift items, surgical, dental & beauty instruments, herbal medicine, henna products etc.

The Governor of Yunan attended the ceremony. Syed Mohib Ullah Shah, Chief Executive, TDAP Province inaugurated the exhibition on 6th June 2010. Diplomatic Corps, Senior Government officials, Heads of companies, representative of trade bodies and prominent businessmen were present in Kunming to represent Pakistan. After the ceremony, Chief Executive TDAP along with Commercial Counselor of Pakistan at Chengdu and Director Pakistani Pavilion visited each and every stall. He appreciated the quality of products displayed there by the exhibitors and advised them to avail this opportunity to explore the potential for exports of our products in the Chinese market.

Pakistani Pavilion was located at a very good place, which was just behind the entrance of Hall 6. Due to its excellent location and decoration, Pakistani Pavilion was centre of attraction for the visitors. During the event, a large number of businessmen not only from China but also from other parts of the world visited Pakistani Pavilion. They appreciated the high quality goods displayed by Pakistani exhibitors in their stalls

Pakistani products of marble and onyx, brass, handicrafts, leather and its products, rugs & carpets rock salt and textile handicrafts received excellent response from the buyers and almost all the exhibits were sold out.
Exporters of surgical instruments, leather and its products, henna, herbal medicine and carpets and rugs negotiated business deals with foreign buyers and received sizeable orders. staff report
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I saw many Pakistani products in a trade fair in Kolkata last year. Many stone products were there and the stall was attracting good crowd. My wife was insisting to buy some........unfortunately for a poor person like me most of them were not affordable and they were contrastingly gorgious for my small flat. People on the small were very friendly. Hope them see again this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom