What's new

Pakistan yet to respond to Iran’s energy offer

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Iran has renewed its offer to Pakistan of supplying 1,000 megawatts of cheap electricity on an urgent basis in the wake of worsening power crisis in the country, but Islamabad is yet to respond to the offer, a private TV channel reported on Saturday. Addressing the business community at the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI), Iranian Ambassador Mashallah Shakiri said Tehran was still waiting for a response from Islamabad. daily times monitor.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

ofcourse! the MR10% isn't being offered his 10% so he is not taking the offer seriously!!

he doesn't care if the poor have no fan no light he definitely has his AC system up & running!

while whole of pakistan suffers from load shedding the president stands and delivers a speech in nauodero and promises lots of electricity for the MAZAAR of party shaheeds!

^ its not 10% this time, its uncle sam..Pakistan is going to make its descion after this summit. Gilani is gonna try and pitch the nuclear deal idea again, if it goes through bye bye iran if it doesnt..so what were you saying about that deal ? ;)

Iran has renewed its offer to Pakistan of supplying 1,000 megawatts of cheap electricity on an urgent basis in the wake of worsening power crisis in the country, but Islamabad is yet to respond to the offer, a private TV channel reported on Saturday. Addressing the business community at the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI), Iranian Ambassador Mashallah Shakiri said Tehran was still waiting for a response from Islamabad. daily times monitor.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

what the hell?????

why they are delaying the project??????

One should take this offer with both hands, there is immediate need and also it will take 3-4 years to turn it into reality and start supplying electricity to the people.

The more time they will waste the more loss of pakistan as the demand will grow more and more and economy will be at loss and there is more unemployment.

This government is completely useless, incompetent and corrupt. I bet the Iranians didn't offer Zardari 10% of their earnings, hence he's taking his time about this.

Hmmm,at first I thought it was the 1100MW deal Iran offered us, but its a different one I guess. Man, What is Zardari and his government waiting for! He is probably being ignorant to the protests in Pakistan over power shortages!

It may not be a refusal but a delay to bargain with US about the civilian nuclear deal. US is against Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and now we have Iran's electricity offer. May be they want to see what US has to offer before making their mind. The Pakistani government does not want to raise VAT tax as per IMF because it will hurt business community and their reelection prospects. But they don't give a damn about 12 hour electricity black outs in major cities of Pakistan. Pakistani government must immediately accept Iran’s 1,000 megawatts of cheap electricity offer. There were also reports of electricity being imported from Tajikistan through Afghanistan few years ago.

This government is completely useless, incompetent and corrupt. I bet the Iranians didn't offer Zardari 10% of their earnings, hence he's taking his time about this.

yeah i was thinking we could be lucky enough to get one wierd plane from poland!!:pop:

Hmmm,at first I thought it was the 1100MW deal Iran offered us, but its a different one I guess. Man, What is Zardari and his government waiting for! He is probably being ignorant to the protests in Pakistan over power shortages!
nay i think he is not ignorant..he has grown habitual:undecided:

yeah i was thinking we could be lucky enough to get one wierd plane from poland!!:pop:

After Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's hanging and Benazir Bhutto's murder the Sindhis may not like Asif Zardari also not dying of natural causes. So it is better to have Zardari continue as president without any major political powers.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom