What's new

‘Pakistan, US agree on alternative training site’: US army trainers coming in weeks

^^^well if we are not properly equipped then they should provide it - deeds are better than words.

1. quickly upgrade our Cobras's.
2. provide us more Cobras, better yet offer us AH-64D apache's.
3. provide us real-time intelligence sharing.
4. provide more NV equipment.
5. equip our cobras with the Hellfire AGM.
6. pak should quickly accept the CI trg offer.

the problem is the pentagon is willing to provide all such equipment but the congress keeps thinking that all this will be used v. india in a future war. in my opinion the chances of war with india are remote bcuz of the nuclear threat of both sides.

so what is happening is that the US is creating a "Fog of War" by giving such statements but then doing nothing about it....and pls dont bring up the US10B given to pakistan on the WoT.

Excellent sir! nothing better could have been said. What is needed does not come and what is not, US forces it to accept.Pathetic:disagree:

I think 40 Apache's can do a marvelous job. Backed up by same number of cobra;s and you wil see then numbers of terrorist decrease. The more we can get on loan the faster we can do the job.

Pakistan not equipped to combat tribal militants: US

* US national security adviser highlights Pak-Afghan border threat
* Declines to address US strikes within Pakistan

WASHINGTON: Pakistan is not yet equipped to combat the terrorist threat from the remote area bordering Afghanistan, a senior official of the George W Bush administration said on Friday amid increased American strikes in the area.

United States National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said Washington was trying to help Pakistan’s government address the threat, but did not discuss American counter-terrorism efforts in the area, including a reported US commando raid.

“This is a problem that has been created in Pakistan’s sovereign territory and is going to be solved when Pakistan has the ability to exercise control over that territory,” Hadley told reporters. “We recognise that right now, there are threats emanating out of that area that threaten Pakistan and our troops in Afghanistan,” he said ahead of Bush’s meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday.

The meeting before the United Nations General Assembly comes as tensions flare between the two allies over suspected US strikes within Pakistan’s borders against Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters.

US strikes: Hadley declined to address US strikes within Pakistan or concerns that US forces could come under fire from Pakistani troops if they entered Pakistan without Islamabad’s permission. “We want to co-operate closely with Pakistan and ensure as best as we can that threats do not materialise out of the Pak-Afghan border area,” said Hadley, adding, “We’re working very closely with Pakistani authorities.”

Hadley acknowledged that Pakistan’s government was working to find its footing and that “they obviously are very concerned about Pakistani sovereignty”.

With violence declining in Iraq, Washington has increased its focus on Afghanistan and the border region with Pakistan, where attacks have soared over the past two years. US officials have said that Pakistan was not doing enough to clamp down on militants using that region as a base.

But some analysts cautioned that unilateral US action had put pressure on Pakistan’s new government and threatened its co-operation with Washington. President Zardari and Bush had spoken via telephone last week and had pledged to continue co-operating. A strike on Wednesday on the Pakistani side of the border killed five militants. But a senior Pakistani official with knowledge of the operations told reporters that it was a result of better intelligence sharing with the US.

This followed a visit to Pakistan by US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen, who reiterated America’s commitment to respect Pakistan’s sovereignty. reuters

I think 40 Apache's can do a marvelous job. Backed up by same number of cobra;s and you wil see then numbers of terrorist decrease. The more we can get on loan the faster we can do the job.

I really doubt infact i am 100% sure that we will never get Apaches. A few more cobra's yes but not Apaches.

You cannot win this war with cobra's. I have been sitting in one of the best the US has and even in that version I would not fight this war... Let us be realistic. Cobra is hardly high tech.

You cannot win this war with cobra's. I have been sitting in one of the best the US has and even in that version I would not fight this war... Let us be realistic. Cobra is hardly high tech.

Yes we cannot win with cobra's. They are rather a liability then a resource for the PA. But my point was that we are not getting apache's any time soon. Not in this life time anyways.
A more better approach would be to go for something like the Chinese Z-9WA all weather day/night variant or the newly developed Z-10 or perhaps the armed version of the more rugged MI-17 already in use of the PA.

Instead of the Apaches. I'd be happy if the US started better intel sharing, and provided the electronic intercept and jamming equipment Pakistan has been asking for for so long.

Lets focus on getting the essentials we need to boost intel and disrupting Lines of communication and tracking down leaders.

Last edited:
Instead of the Apaches. I'd be happy if the US started better intel sharing, and provided the electronic intercept and jamming equipment Pakistan has been asking for for so long.

Lets focus on getting the essentials we need to boost intel and disrupting Lines of communication and tracking down leaders.

Shouldnt we be focusing on building spy satellites with assistance from the chinese and therefore build our own network of intel and real time intelligence gathering rather then to accept a few toys from the US which we wont get by the way for the obvious reasons.
We need to see the reality other then relying merely on the US for providing us with each and everything.

Shouldnt we be focusing on building spy satellites with assistance from the chinese and therefore build our own network of intel and real time intelligence gathering rather then to accept a few toys from the US which we wont get by the way for the obvious reasons.
We need to see the reality other then relying merely on the US for providing us with each and everything.

We should, but that doesn't mean that our immediate need for these resources and equipment should be ignored.

Whether we can develop these capabilities in the future is not the question, it is accessing these capabilities in the present, as the WoT enters a crucial phase in Pakistan.

No U.S. military officer coming to train Pakistan Army: ISPR

Updated at: 0241 PST, Monday, September 22, 2008
ISLAMABAD: A spokesman of ISPR contradicted the report in a section of press that United States military advisors are coming to train the Pakistan Army to counter insurgency under a new agreement.

The spokesman said that the agreed upon training programme was for the training of Frontier Corps and not the Army. It is known as 'train the trainers' programme and will be organized under the Ministry of Interior.

The programme is directed towards the development and capacity building of the Frontier Corps, the spokesman concluded.

No U.S. military officer coming to train Pakistan Army: ISPR - GEO.tv

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom