What's new

Pakistan likely to get $1.8bn from Friends

AnGrz_Z_K_Jailer

Reaction score
Country
India

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is likely to get $1.8 billion from the Friends of Democratic Pakistan (FODP) before the end of the current fiscal year, federal Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin said here on Monday.

At a press conference held to launch national savings bonds, Mr Tarin said the government had been expecting $2 billion from the forum, but the pledge was ‘not in an orderly manner’.

“Donors will definitely give the money but (it will) take some time,” he said, adding that a gap of about $200 million to $600 million would be bridged with the help of IMF’s stand-by arrangement.

Member countries of the Friends of Pakistan had pledged $5.3 billion, but exact figures about actual receipts are not available. Mr Tarin said that receipts of $1.4 billion were expected before June this year, including $200 million from the United States and about $250 million from other countries. Saudi Arabia had recently paid its share, he said.

Sources said that matters relating to the Friends of Pakistan would now be handled by the Finance Ministry because the Foreign Office had no technical expertise to handle funds related matters.—Amin Ahmed

Source : DAWN.COM | National | Pakistan likely to get $1.8bn from Friends

Musharraf was focused on minimizing debt, Zardari comes in and ruins it like the f'ggot he is.

^^^ Yes very true. This current government has already taken lots of money from the IMF and where did that money end up. Also I dislike this name. Friends of democratic Pakistan. The could have made it more simple.
:hitwall:

by the way, how many are actually friends of pakistan in this organization 'friends of democratic republic of pakistan'. one may be two (saudi arab, china if it is there).

i dont know when will we realize the fact that in this world no country is friend of other country. they all work and help if their benefit is involve as in the case of pakistan at the moment.

in our case there is another bad thing attached to it and that is out leaders who get this money and increase their balances in foriegn banks, so this help is actually a bribe to our leaders to keep on doing what so called friends of pakistan wants from pakistan and this is what is going on, isnt it?

i hope we realize the situation and try to stand up on our feet and face the world with pride instead of begging bowl.

regards

hmm kinda strange the 1.8 billion is what I proposed to solve the energy crisis can't this 1.8 billion get invested in solar/wind energy projects

hmm kinda strange the 1.8 billion is what I proposed to solve the energy crisis can't this 1.8 billion get invested in solar/wind energy projects

yes i have read your thread about solving the energy crisis and buying an aircraft carrier or eurofighter. i think that is the right choice in the right direction at the right time for solving energy crisis, if pakistan start it now. i have seen this here in japan and they are building houses with solar panels and interesting is that they run ACs and everything on it, i do not know how but they do. there is a big shopping arcade right next to where i live with approx 25 big shops (clothing to bowling etc) and a big market which run 24 hours. this whole run on solar energy and every shop use AC and electric heaters etc. we also should think about it seriously.

the one most important thing that we have to figure out first is how much of 1.8 bn will actually goes into the projects for which it is given and how much in foriegn bank accounts of our leaders.

regards

Well we have to take wat we can get now! in response to wat someone wrote the money going towards wind/solor etc well for it to go in to that you need alot more money then that ... if had some of these projects already built or in works it would be diff story so therefore for now it this money $ needs to go to where it is needed the most as the country suffers from major energy prob's.

Well we have to take wat we can get now! in response to wat someone wrote the money going towards wind/solor etc well for it to go in to that you need alot more money then that ... if had some of these projects already built or in works it would be diff story so therefore for now it this money $ needs to go to where it is needed the most as the country suffers from major energy prob's.

you are right, topgun that we need this money but there is a difference between where it is needed (energy sector) and where it ends up (bank accts).

i hope it goes into the energy sector and solve the energy crisis, Pakistan is facing.

regards

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom