What's new

Pakistan Considers Proposals On Iran Gas Pipeline

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, March 15 (Bernama) -- Pakistan has said that it was considering some proposals to implement the Iran gas pipeline, Iran's IRNA news agency reported.

"Pakistan is serious and Iranian government is aware of that. We are considering a number of proposals together," the Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Tasnim Aslam said.

She made the remarks at her weekly briefing when asked about statements from Iran that Pakistan was not serious on the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline.

"I will say that we have full commitment to this project and it has been stated repeatedly," Aslam said.

She recalled that last week, the adviser to the prime minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, had also said in parliament that the country was committed to the IP project.

"We have had discussions and a number of options are under consideration by the two sides. I don't agree that there is an impression in Iran that Pakistan is not serious," she said.

About the concerns voiced by the European community about Pakistan's ability to control terrorism and its relations with India after it attained the GSP plus status, she said that Islamabad expects the Ambassadors of EU as well as others to abide by the norms of internationally recognised diplomatic behaviour and not comment on Pakistan's internal matters.

"One thing must be kept in mind; this trade is not one way. It helps the European Union as well," she said.

About the security cooperation with Saudi Arabia, she said that Pakistan has long standing security cooperation with Saudi Arabia, which is mainly in the form of providing training to the Saudi Armed Forces officials.

To a question about the visit of the Director-General of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the spokesperson said that he has expressed complete confidence in the safety and security of Pakistan's nuclear installations.

"He was quite impressed with the safety measures that are in place. We have long standing cooperation with the IAEA in the field of safety. All our civilian nuclear facilities are under IAEA safeguards," she added.

To a question regarding Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's probable meeting with President Barack Obama at The Hague, Aslam said there were no bilateral meetings scheduled.

"The leaders will get together for the summit. It is likely that there can be some conversations on the sidelines. But no formal meetings are scheduled at the moment."

On next month's elections in Afghanistan, she said Pakistan will extend whatever help the Afghan government requests the country for can extend.

BERNAMA - Pakistan Considers Proposals On Iran Gas Pipeline

WTF! it's being going on for the last so many years, decide Yes or No, once, and then either execute it or look for an alternative. Don't make an "indian MRCA" out of this

This deal is getting too unreliable, due to American political games.

Pakistan should focus strongly on conventional means of power generation, especially coal.

After that, alternative energy like Nuclear power.

And finally, Pakistan has a HUGE amount of potential in terms of hydro-electric power generation.

I believe there is significant Sino-Pakistani cooperation in all these areas, however I hope Pakistan will concentrate more on coal for the short term, especially since Pakistan has very significant coal reserves of its own.

Now this deal may get a lifeline After our Syrian Announcement in UN.

Not sure why its an issue , we need cheap gas to lit up cooking stove ?

This pipe is in our national interest though, Its an issue to a specific friendly state and the US which Nawaz Sharif has historical allegiance to. That specific friendly state doesn't give a flying 787 if we keep getting power cuts of 10 hours a day for another decade. For them keeping Iran economically weak is more important than providing electricity and gas to ordinary Pakistanis who are suffering since 2007. This is a jigsaw that can only be solved by a govt which brings Pakistan's national interest before anything else.

This deal is getting too unreliable, due to American political games.

Pakistan should focus strongly on conventional means of power generation, especially coal.

After that, alternative energy like Nuclear power.

And finally, Pakistan has a HUGE amount of potential in terms of hydro-electric power generation.

I believe there is significant Sino-Pakistani cooperation in all these areas, however I hope Pakistan will concentrate more on coal for the short term, especially since Pakistan has very significant coal reserves of its own.
Less to do with America and more to do with Saudi Arabia's demands of Pakistan.

Less to do with America and more to do with Saudi Arabia's demands of Pakistan.

Possibly, but I wouldn't underestimate the American opposition to this project either.

And America has plenty of influence amongst the more corrupt politicians in the Pakistani system. In the end, they will be amongst the biggest beneficiaries if this pipeline project fails.

Wouldn't this conflict with the loan that the Saudi's are providing to Pakistan?

Possibly, but I wouldn't underestimate the American opposition to this project either.

And America has plenty of influence amongst the more corrupt politicians in the Pakistani system. In the end, they will be amongst the biggest beneficiaries if this pipeline project fails.
In this particular case, no. US is not the main hurdle.
Its Saudi Arabia.
And you need to understand one thing - US holds traction only among the elite of Pakistan - the bureaucrats, politicians and Army. Pakistani's do what the US wants, but they do it grudgingly.

KSA holds traction for almost every Pakistan from the Prime Minister to the clerk. Pakistani's do what the KSA wants most voluntarily and happily. Even if in both the cases,, they are going against Pakistan's interests.

Its Saudi Arabia.
And you need to understand one thing - US holds traction only among the elite of Pakistan - the bureaucrats, politicians and Army. Pakistani's do what the US wants, but they do it grudgingly.

KSA holds traction for almost every Pakistan from the Prime Minister to the clerk. Pakistani's do what the KSA wants most voluntarily and happily. Even if in both the cases,, they are going against Pakistan's interests.

Yeah, and this indian retard whose country lacking basic sanitary facilities knows the functioning of deep state of Pakistan. What a tool :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pakistan will do what is in its interests. If KSA makes a better offer, Pakistan will reconsider the pipeline. Simple as that.

Most of it has to do with sanctions on Iran which puts the deal under question.

Indiots need to stop bitching like bitches all the time.

Its Saudi Arabia.

I defer to your knowledge on the subject sir. :)

In the end, Pakistan should work for Pakistani interests.

Honestly though, I see the KSA's influence in Pakistan as relatively benign, in terms of state-to-state relations.

It is America, who is using Pakistan as a meat shield, and asking Pakistanis to die for their interests. In the end I see the Pakistan-USA relationship as the most toxic of the lot.

Whereas KSA has a lot more positive things to offer.

Back
Top Bottom