What's new

Pakistan-China FTA

Contrarian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd like to know what are the views of members here about the Free Trade Agreement that is being proposed and discussed between these two countries.

What in your opinion will be the effect on Pakistan. Do you think its wise, or unwise-with listed reasons.

Or for that matter, the lowering of tariff, etc for Chinese companies in Pakistan.

I'l start off...

In my view, it would harm the Pakistani industry heck of a lot more by opening up to China. The local industry would die off in most areas in a short time. In a few niche areas, the Pakistani companies would survive, and then in most likelihood, they would gain quite a bit, by their access in China.

Such cases however would few and far between, wherein a Pakistani MNC would appear who'd compete with the global heavyweights, in most cases, the local industry of Pakistan would be harmed-thus affecting employement among other things.

It would also heavily skew the Balance Of Trade with China completely, its already quite unbalanced in China's favour.

I'd like to know what are the views of members here about the Free Trade Agreement that is being proposed and discussed between these two countries.

What in your opinion will be the effect on Pakistan. Do you think its wise, or unwise-with listed reasons.

Or for that matter, the lowering of tariff, etc for Chinese companies in Pakistan.

I'l start off...

In my view, it would harm the Pakistani industry heck of a lot more by opening up to China. The local industry would die off in most areas in a short time. In a few niche areas, the Pakistani companies would survive, and then in most likelihood, they would gain quite a bit, by their access in China.

Such cases however would few and far between, wherein a Pakistani MNC would appear who'd compete with the global heavyweights, in most cases, the local industry of Pakistan would be harmed-thus affecting employement among other things.

It would also heavily skew the Balance Of Trade with China completely, its already quite unbalanced in China's favour.

Correct Pakistan is also in trap like US in FTA with Chineese.
They will sure kill all local industries in countries of there trading partener and make monoply of its market.
Only trade defect will only incresse in years to come.

Correct Pakistan is also in trap like US in FTA with Chineese.
They will sure kill all local industries in countries of there trading partener and make monoply of its market.
Only trade defect will only incresse in years to come.

DID your PM Mamohan singh gave you a Lecture on this subject, How come you are so concerned about Pakistani Economy.

Thanx for your views anyway.

Back
Top Bottom