BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Army: A sleeping Giant - ARY BLOGS - ARY NEWS

Latest-Pakistan-army-SSG-commando-wallpaper-and-picture-639x330.jpg

Pakistan Army: A sleeping Giant
Posted by: Danish Kazi February 20, 2014 in Off the Record 32 Comments

Ironic it is that now a days you can see clear representation for Talibans in our Media. “Member of Taliban Committee” is fast becoming a title commonly seen. You may hear a lot of our religious scholars and Taliban apologists coming especially from PTI stressing on negotiations. You may hear that the same bunch giving references of Holy Quran pertaining to peace amongst the Ummah . But sadly they are quiet in the same spirit when talking about the victims of Talibans.

I am sure that our Army who is the reason this nation in my view remains united is quiet for a long time on the topic of the negotiations. Though I feel that these negotiations are being done over the dead bodies of our soldiers. Pervez Rasheed the Federal Information Minister was right to say that even India would not met out the same treatment to our soldiers. The recent pictures of our soldier’s heads arranged post their beheading as a revenge gesture for killing of their partners by Rangers in Karachi in what they claim as extra judicial just make me sick to my guts. It makes me not only hate them but it makes me hate their apologists more because I feel that it is because of these factors that the government is not able to take a clean strategy against Talibans as they worry about the extremist and their like minded vote bank . And we know that PMLN the government party and PTI the TTP apologists both fight for the same vote bank.

Some say that by placating Talibans and getting them quiet . The government wants US to have no reason to stay in Afghanistan and hence they expect that the purported peace would come to the country but they forget the fact that the menace of Taliban has grown much beyond that. I strongly belief that with the US gone (which I doubt in the first place entirely) the Talibans would be signing the songs of victory living in their similar fools paradise that they won a war over the US . Similarly like they chided after USSR left Afghanistan not because of Talibans or Mujahedeen’s fought strongly at the time but due to the US technology which came to their rescue. It would be a joke to agree that USSR became bankrupt because of the war in Afghanistan . So if the US leaves than the Taliban would become in my view stronger. Means more trouble for us as a nation because the herd would swell in their ranks by misguided Pakistanis believing that they are following a group which defeated the US Army. Now though I know that the thought is naive but than again some of us Pakistanis are naïve also; as many are seen supporting them on TV or media maybe out of ignorance, maybe out of allegiance, maybe out of fear or maybe out of for the sake of opposition.

I am sure that the new Army Chief is watching this situation closely. I am sure that our Army would not want to pursue peace with a weaker position especially where their sons continue to die at a one way peace initiative. The government side has requested a ceasefire but again a shame that the government which has the strongest army in the world is requesting for one instead of enforcing it. It was a consolation to hear that Shahid Khaqan Abbasi a government Minister of State in a TV show hosted by Javed Chaudhary was adamant that we should pursue Taliban anywhere in Pakistan in case the talks break down completely and sadly the anchor who was seen pleading a few weeks ago practically for his life from Taliban looked like threatening on the Taliban’s behalf the government of the consequences in case it happens. Sad to know that certain media houses in this hour of need where the nation should be standing behind the army are seen instead placating the Taliban.

More sad is to know that Maulana Aziz who was escaping in women’s clothes from Red Mosque is being pursued to bring peace whilst his commander who was behind the confrontation that is Maulana Khorasani is seen declaring that 23 of our soldiers are beheaded as a revenge. Further, ironic is to see that instead of charging this Maulana Aziz for Treason ; Gen Pervez Musharraf who took a stand against these terrorists is being tried for the same reason. Do you think that people like Khorasani would have desisted of hijacking Pakistan irrespective of the operation? I am sure it would have been quicker incase Red Mosque was not taken to task.

The government of PMLN on the other hand are unsure seemingly to handle this issue and obviously they wont be able to do anything about it in my view as they are in a secret pact with the Talibans of KPK for not attack their areas of sphere and their legislators as well ; as we saw that they are in bed with parties like LeJ and Hafiz Saeed. Sources say that it is because of this reason that the operation is not being authorized in KPK and has no tenacity against such groups especially in Karachi .

The largest Metropolitan of Pakistan is bracing of a major attack by Taliban as even predicted by Sheikh Rasheed . The beginning of which was the orders to the Traffic Police to remove music systems from public transport. Failure to comply with which would see attacks on them. Some say that the instructions have been given to comply. Rightfully so by the poor Traffic Police as what can they do when their government is in bed with Talibans and the so called opposition like PTI is their B team.

Now I am sure that our dear Pakistan Army would have a limited tolerance level to the issue. The last time when they burst out was when Munawar Hassan of Jamaat e Islami called Talibans martyrs but not our soldiers. Its an erring quiet after that. They are seen quiet on these negotiations, they are showing brinkmanship by not reacting to the beheading or killing of the law enforcement agency’s personnel as they don’t want to give an iota of the chance to the Taliban apologetic leadership for blaming them for failure of talks. Even whilst they quietly guard their dear General ( R ) Pervez Musharraf whose only crime was persecuting a corrupt Ch Iftikhar who is building a PKR 220 Million house in Islamabad and taking to task the miscreants like Talibans in KPK and Red Mosque. I am sure their patience is limited though they show professionalism knowing that they are in the middle of a war. Even the Americans have stopped the Drone Strikes to prove leaders like Imran Khan wrong that these strikes are not the reason behind Taliban inhumanity.

Anyways, if you ask me can I hear the boots? I would say not for another few months. But I smell the air which is rife with agony and distrust not only amongst the Army but also amongst the patriotic Pakistanis who are getting disenchanted with their soldiers dying for nothing and Talibans and their cronies made heroes by people like Javed Chaudhary and Hamid Mir. I am sure soon Pakistan would be first whilst the rest of the parameters would be second to save the nation. Ideally, I am sure if we don’t unite behind our Army now than we just do nothing but shoot ourselves in the foot. God save Pakistan and its Army. Pakistan Zindabad!

Back
Top Bottom