Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan admits NATO supplies allowed by air
By AFP
Published: February 14, 2012
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad publicly admitted Tuesday that it had allowed NATO to use Pakistani airspace to fly supplies into Afghanistan, despite a more than two-month blockade on the border crossings.
“The permission has been given for food items,” a defence ministry official quoted Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar as saying at a function in Islamabad.
“Since the food items were perishable, we have allowed them to transport them by air to Afghanistan.
“We have told them to take the supplies out by air and don’t bring more for the time being,” the official quoted him as saying.
US ambassador to Islamabad, Cameron Munter, last week confirmed that NATO had continued to fly supplies into Afghanistan despite Pakistan’s closure of the border to NATO trucks and oil tankers on November 26.
Relations between Pakistan and the United States sunk to an all-time low after air strikes killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghan border in an incident that the United States blamed on mistakes made by both sides.

this is something that had to happen . one has to acquiesce to the US eventually . its a sad fact for most of us .

man enough of this crap, zardari has to go now.

why mate he is just accepting reality . you don't really think he could stop the US did you? even we cant , and i seriously doubt any country on the earth can . military that is .

there was a time in the early 80s when the CCCP was at its zenith , and they were the only ones who could but that ended a decade later.

Is this in response to USA announcing 2.4 billion aid package or just a coincidence ! :whistle:

They only "accept" it after it slipped out from a American's mouth. COAS should wear bangles. Or just continue picking up his own men and torture them. Uncle SAM is his God

Airspace was even nt block

this is all we knw since it was the road supply was blocked

shame on PA...Shame on national assembly...shame on PPP..
Shame on zardari.

no shames for all those without shame

if the people of pakistan have any shame.they wont vote for these traitors ever again....although i am not dure about it..
we moan and then bring the same people back in power.

Pakistani soil and airspace has been used to support the US war in Afghanistan for a decade now. I wonder how Pakistanis will react if Afghans allowed their soil to be used against Pakistan? Maybe we should let India build bases in Afghanistan. Pakistani support for this war has been despicable.

Pakistan admits NATO supplies allowed by air
By AFP
Published: February 14, 2012
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad publicly admitted Tuesday that it had allowed NATO to use Pakistani airspace to fly supplies into Afghanistan, despite a more than two-month blockade on the border crossings.
“The permission has been given for food items,” a defence ministry official quoted Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar as saying at a function in Islamabad.

“Since the food items were perishable, we have allowed them to transport them by air to Afghanistan.
“We have told them to take the supplies out by air and don’t bring more for the time being,” the official quoted him as saying.
US ambassador to Islamabad, Cameron Munter, last week confirmed that NATO had continued to fly supplies into Afghanistan despite Pakistan’s closure of the border to NATO trucks and oil tankers on November 26.
Relations between Pakistan and the United States sunk to an all-time low after air strikes killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghan border in an incident that the United States blamed on mistakes made by both sides.

Of course, it flew it through Pakistan airspace.

Thank to Munter confirmed truthfully, why Pakistan officials didn't inform us ??

Consider airspace tax charge?

I don't understand what the fuss is about? We're not at war with the US or any other Nato member. The blockade was a temporary measure, never meant to be permanent one under this government. I think we made our point very clear and US/Nato know where we stand. Rest is all business!

New taxes and transit fees are expected to be much higher, my personal guess is around $75-80 million to even $100 million per month. All those bragging about Northern routes at $104 million per month don't understand that it's a ONE WAY ticket and military hardware is not allowed through Russia, so we hold all the cards.

Drone Attacks and Hot Persuit are much more important issues than the transit route. No compromises sould be made there.
I'm sure we're working on some kind of workable solution thru back channels.

So don't make it an issue of national pride but be pragmatic. We have made perfectly clear that we can close the border anytime we want so there is no room for future mishaps.

Back
Top Bottom