What's new

Operations branch Marines and SSG(N)

544_delta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The navy offers direct induction into its SF branch through short service commission. But i have a few questions in this regard:
1) How tough the selection process (initial and final) is as compared with the L/C induction.
2) For the marines and SF, they haven't specified a specific physical test in initials ( like any mile run, chin ups, push ups etc) why is this so?
3) Is it exceptionally hard? i mean what are the odds of selection like? i have my last ISSB chance so what would be a better choice between Operations branch of navy or the army's Graduate course?
(my end goal is to serve as a SF officer so right now selection chances matter only)
@Xeric @Rashid Mahmood @balixd @Horus @fatman17

Yes it is tougher than normal selection.
You will have to apply to find out all details.

The navy offers direct induction into its SF branch through short service commission. But i have a few questions in this regard:
1) How tough the selection process (initial and final) is as compared with the L/C induction.
2) For the marines and SF, they haven't specified a specific physical test in initials ( like any mile run, chin ups, push ups etc) why is this so?
3) Is it exceptionally hard? i mean what are the odds of selection like? i have my last ISSB chance so what would be a better choice between Operations branch of navy or the army's Graduate course?
(my end goal is to serve as a SF officer so right now selection chances matter only)
@Xeric @Rashid Mahmood @balixd @Horus @fatman17

they follow the USN Seals training and recruitment regime. it is very tough to get in. only about 10% of the officers and men are successful.

they follow the USN Seals training and recruitment regime. it is very tough to get in. only about 10% of the officers and men are successful.
I visited their Lahore center.

A board there said "less than 93% take the cut".

I visited their Lahore center.

A board there said "less than 93% take the cut".
bhai but im confused about initial selection ....is it same like the other services like you give initial written, physical and interview and issb then you get selected in operation branch? from then on SSGN has another selection process....is that how it goes? please help me understand

bhai but im confused about initial selection ....is it same like the other services like you give initial written, physical and interview and issb then you get selected in operation branch? from then on SSGN has another selection process....is that how it goes? please help me understand
SSGN has a seperate recruitment/selection process.. they recruit/select directly, unlike SSG, where volunteers are taken from the army.

SSGN has a seperate recruitment/selection process.. they recruit/select directly, unlike SSG, where volunteers are taken from the army.
yes they do and thats the one im curious about...they offer direct induction in op branch that includes marines and ssgn....and that was the one im asking questions about....kindly tell me what are the initial physical requirements for that so i can prep my self ..thank you for your answers :)

You cannot directly join any branch of the SSG you must get selected by the ISSB, get into the academy, graduate, then serve for a certain amount of years, then apply, after that if you survive the cut you will be inducted into SSG.

Back
Top Bottom