What's new

One bad news, India's father of white revolution Dr Verghese Kurien Dies.

bhisma

Reaction score
he father of India's 'white revolution' Dr Verghese Kurien passed away early this morning at Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital in neighbouring Nadiad town due to age-related problems, Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) sources said.

He was 90 years old and is survived by wife and daughter.

Kurien, who took India from being a milk-deficient country to the world's largest milk producer, is recognized as the father of white revolution and the man who started 'operation flood', besides making the Amul dairy brand a household name.

GCMMF chairman M S Sodhi had reached the hospital, sources said.

Kurien's 90th birthday was celebrated in a big way at his residence in Anand by the GCMMF on November 26 last year.

President condoles Dr Kurien's demise

President Pranab Mukherjee today condoled the death of Dr Verghese Kurien, the father of India's 'white revolution'.

Mukherjee hailed Kurien as one who ushered in white revolution and had made enormous contributions to the fields of agriculture, rural development and dairying.

Kurien, 90, who took India from being a milk-deficient country to the world's largest milk producer, passed away early this morning in Gujarat due to age-related problems.

He is recognised as the man who started 'operation flood', the largest diary development programme in the world, besides making the Amul brand a household name.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/father-of-white-revolution-dr-verghese-kurien-dies/1000076/

He made Anand district one of the famous in world for Dairy Industry and I am posting it because I have studied in Anand. One of the respectable man in the country.

His revolutiion employed lakhs of farmers and poor people not only in gujarat but also in India.

R.I.P Dr. Kurien, you will always be remembered for your work in the development of India..

If a 90 year old man passes away after having lived a full & rewarding life, I do not think it can be called Bad News.

In fact in many communities when a septuagenarian or beyond passes away , he is taken to the cremation ground with festivities & a band playing ahead of the cortege.

Mr kurian did well, he shall be missed as any senior member of a family is but it snot bad news.

he was the first one to make powder milk from buffaloes milk. a task which his peers said could not be done . :)

2jb2ov7.jpg

iqyjit.jpg

Rip to the departed soul. I am proud that he was an indian

Back
Top Bottom