What's new

NOW PERU LOOKING FOR T-50

mosu

Reaction score
Peru’s Air Force needs planes like Russia’s T-50 fifth-generation jetfighter. The multirole radar evading aircraft, developed by Sukhoi plane makers, can simultaneously engage several airborne and ground targets and is technologically more advanced than the US-made F-22 Raptor, while costing less.

Peru is looking for future partnership to but T-50`s once the production starts. Its in their one of the big ticket list. Though Peru have not started consultation with Russia and India but plans to start around 2016 once the planned production starts. Peru is still in doubts to buys single or double seater. They plan to buy 30-40`s of these kind.

What Pakistan think about...Russia’s T-50 fifth-generation jetfighter...?

Please post the link.

Secondly, if a high-end products like this was in its wings and it had the budget, it would have considered first replacing its older jets with modern 4.5 gen jets like Rafale or Gripens.

But if they indeed want it, they're most welcome.

New Russian jetfighter a big hit in Peru

Peru’s Air Force needs planes like Russia’s T-50 fifth-generation jetfighter.

The author of an article, carried by Generacion magazine, says that the multirole radar evading aircraft, developed by Sukhoi plane makers, can simultaneously engage several airborne and ground targets and is technologically more advanced than the US-made F-22 Raptor, while costing less.

Three T-50 aircraft are currently undergoing flight tests.

Voice of Russia, Interfax

New Russian jetfighter a big hit in Peru: Voice of Russia

Now that interesting news,this is what i called demand.

I still personally think that they should focus on replacing their older jets with 4.5 gen fighters first and then consider something like these.

FGFA is not a toy. at $100+ million apiece apart from maintenance and lifecycle costs. That will be very difficult to maintain.

Joke. Peru's whole defense budget won't buy 40 T-50. Peruvians are a bunch of liars. Besides, why would they need T-50 for? To invade Chile that they hate so much?

Peru? PERU??!! They can afford to buy and operate $100+ million USD fighters? I don't think so. These kind of birds are incredibly expensive, not just to purchase but to operate. They must cost in excess of $20,000 USD per flight hour! Just look at the F-22 and see how expensive that is to operate. Naturally the T-50/FGFA will cost significantly less, but it will still exclude all but the wealthiest of nations from getting such beasts in any meaningful numbers.

And going by threat perceptions, why does Peru need such an advanced fighter?

Joke. Peru's whole defense budget won't buy 40 T-50. Peruvians are a bunch of liars. Besides, why would they need T-50 for? To invade Chile that they hate so much?

That's what I've been wondering too.

I mean getting two-three squadrons of Su-35BMs along with 30-50 Mi-28Ns should ensure their country's protection.

I still personally think that they should focus on replacing their older jets with 4.5 gen fighters first and then consider something like these.

FGFA is not a toy. at $100+ million apiece apart from maintenance and lifecycle costs. That will be very difficult to maintain.

They should be knowing what they are up to ,and they dont have a big budget to expertise on 4.5 gen fighters first then go for fifth gen fighters.Moreover World is moving towards fifth gen fighters.

They should be knowing what they are up to ,and they dont have a big budget to expertise on 4.5 gen fighters first then go for fifth gen fighters.Moreover World is moving towards fifth gen fighters.

I don't mind them getting it, Buddy. In fact, Peru has excellent ties with both Russia as well as us and for us as a stakeholder it is a welcome.

But even Brazil which is far far richer than Peru, sent its defense experts to check for the 600+parameters on which IAF had tested Rafale and selected it. And this is a 4.5th gen jet we're talking.

Even if a war breaks out between Peru and Chile tomorrow, the Peruvian air force would end up bankrupt in a matter of hours if they use PAKFA in full blown sorties.

Really !! A russian fighter will cost 100+ million $ ?
Looking at cost per plane and high maintenance cost, now i m confirmed why iaf chief had cut the fgfa numbers..

Really !! A russian fighter will cost 100+ million $ ?
Looking at cost per plane and high maintenance cost, now i m confirmed why iaf chief had cut the fgfa numbers..

Present acquisition price of MKIs are well over $100 million per piece. Even if PAK-FA is priced above $200 million a piece, still it's a bargain. Given that single engined F-35 of same stealth characteristics has a present price of $382 million per piece.

Back
Top Bottom