What's new

No more time frame for load shedding end: Ashraf

QADRI

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Water and Power Raja Pervez Ashraf said Pakistan would have to wait 7 to 8 years for low-cost electricity.

He said Pakistan has no other option but to cover power shortfall with rental power plants for the next 3 to 4 years.

Talking to media while visiting National Power Control Center in Islamabad, Ashraf said power rental issue was openly criticized, due to which investors got confused and resulted in project delay.

Ashraf said oil-run power units are working according to their generation capacity.

He said he gave a roadmap to end the load shedding by December 31, however, he will not give a new dead line.

He further said power shortfall would reduce to a great extent after January 31 because blockage of canal water will be over while gas supply will also be resumed.

He said, this year, electricity consumers would be given subsidy of Rs55 billion, however, the subsidy will be removed gradually.

Ashraf pointed out that a number of grid stations had tripped down in Punjab due to the fog.

No more time frame for load shedding end: Ashraf - GEO.tv

What no time frame.He said that the load shedding will end in JUNE 2010.

What the Hell is Going ON

We have all machinery Available ...

Still power Rentals ?

These Corrupted Bastards .. :(

Its all poltics and a game being played by the players who are best at cheating and lieing its really sad actually kahir GOD help Pakistan.

It is possible to reduce load shedding even with exisiting power generation capacity.
It is possible to increase power generation capacity without renting power plants even without building Kalabagh dam.

This guy is so pathatic that he does not even have a future plan on paper and he talks of next 8 years!

This guy should come on TV and put across one electrical engineer and talk.

Democracy my foot.... PPP take dictatorial descions even in technical matters, first excutive orders from President and now executive orders even from his ministers!!!!!!

What no time frame.He said that the load shedding will end in JUNE 2010.
He (Ashraf) is trustless. He makes promise only to brake......the only problem we hav that we hav illetrate people on higher positions.....They dont know hot to manage and control projects.....they know only, political speaches and hide their mistkes.

moreover he said that it would take 7 to 8 more years to provide low cost electricity....I don't think that in next two year they (ppp) will be in government.....now people are realizing and Insha Allah there will be no def anymore...people are knowing what is best for them and what government is doing to them...may be next government can do something better...hope for the best..

moreover he said that it would take 7 to 8 more years to provide low cost electricity....I don't think that in next two year they (ppp) will be in government.....now people are realizing and Insha Allah there will be no def anymore...people are knowing what is best for them and what government is doing to them...may be next government can do something better...hope for the best..

What he means to say is that it is no more PPP responsibility.
Convenient for him to say, all it takes is a personality without honor and integrity...maybe that is one thing the current PPP government has found aplenty.

The plans are all there on paper to enhance the capacity but there is no will behind it.
The motivation seems to be to either follow through with a pocket warming RPP project which was full of loopholes or to do nothing at all.

Can you imagine all the money this government is saving by doing away with subsidies and at the same time cutting back so much on power generation?

Energy is life and commerce...without it a nation cannot prosper...we hear empty slogans of Roti, Kapra and Makaan and what do we get?
Electricity shortage, wheat shortage, sugar shortage...we have bumper crops but the Government only buys from chosen few and rest have to fend for themselves....

Sindh Coal will remain in the belly of Sindh despite so called landmark agreements...if the Sindh card is played in a positive sense then there is a huge benefit for all but it is only a political drama...we have had so much politicians from Sindh but still it seems that Zardari feels that Sindh is the victim of some grand conspiracy...pathetic to see such things after 60 years...even Kalabagh was not so much a victim of technical issues as much it was of provincial politicians having a field day...i guess they are not bothered by the suffering of common man because they do always cash in on any perceived threat to provincial interests and deliberately flame it to the point that a national setback occurs...how many more PMs or presidents will come from PPP before it stops playing the Sindh card?

Gwadar is a victim of the Baluchistan compromise though actually it is a victim of political impotence of this government...would have been better to reap the benefits from this mega project but no...it seems it is in our destiny to reach the tree and not grab the fruit but burn the tree instead.

The Sugar industry is owned by both PPP and PML-N and all mills are not even buying cane to produce the sugar...so much for the farce of PML-N as well...in Punjab they have always created shortages whereas the common farmer and masses suffer terribly...

This is all a joke to these people...i hope the next elections buries the PPP six feet under...however it is too much to hope for a turnaround by PML-N in future...they may be certainly better than current PPP lot but certainly they have their own vested interests which they shall actively pursue...at the cost of Pakistan if it maybe...still it is sad that i see them as the better option keeping in mind current PPP leadership and the fact that there is no other party which will become an alternative.

If only we could develop a mass to energy converter which could produce required energy with 90kg of mass...then we can throw in one politician everyday into the device and generate electricity for our nation...can think of no better use of our politicians...believe me...:angry:

I am very upset today so maybe i am giving into my emotions...but in a country where the president of a so called popular political party can rant on and on about some unknown elements plotting against his holiness and invoking the wrath of his Sindh empire...i think i am entitled to be a bit angry...

Well done PPP...you are indeed worthless now if you were not before...

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom