What's new

No dialogue till extremists deweaponise, says Defence Cabinet Committee

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Defense Committee of the Cabinet has restructured the National Security Council that will be responsible to quickly respond to sensitive national issues. The council will enhance coordination between military and civil institutions, Express News reported.
The committee also decided that negotiations with extremists will be conditional and there will be no dialogue until they are ready to deweaponise. The government will fight against extremists refusing to give up their weapons.
The decision was taken in a meeting presided by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Federal Information Minister Pervez Rasheed, Adviser on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Federal Defense Secretary Lieutenant General (Retired) Asif Yasin Malik and other senior civil and military officials attended the meeting.
“India has violated the ceasefire agreement 240 times during this year. Eight soldiers including two officials have been martyred as a result. Continuous shelling has also destroyed numerous houses,” said DGMO in his briefing to the cabinet.
Adviser on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz further added that Pakistan has protested the line of control violations numerous times. India should respect the ceasefire line agreement and the tensions between the two countries should immediately be resolved.
No dialogue till extremists deweaponise, says Defence Cabinet Committee – The Express Tribune

At best Taliban have offered and made peace deals with you, they have never surrendered. Without weapons, taliban wont be able to survive a day in tribal areas, they are aware of this, its like a death sentence........

Why Taliban are offering dialogues while at at the same time they are attacking security forces? Answer: unilateral cease fire is considered your defeat and you are not taken seriously for talks.

Why Taliban are offering dialogues while at at the same time they are attacking security forces? Answer: unilateral cease fire is considered your defeat and you are not taken seriously for talks.

I know of , no unilateral ceasefire in effect at the moment . Why is it always the Taliban offering to negotiate and not the Pakistan Armed Forces ?

I know of , no unilateral ceasefire in effect at the moment . Why is it always the Taliban offering to negotiate and not the Pakistan Armed Forces ?

They want to shift their focus on afghanistan after 2014 to help Afghan taliban, it was mullah omar's decree.

To get some time out,then they will replenish themselves,recover their vulnerable position and to recover their damage,I think.

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

They want to shift their focus on afghanistan after 2014 to help Afghan taliban, it was mullah omar's decree.

But Afghan Taliban clearly announced while addressing to TV one news reporter during an interview,that they have no relation and connection with Pakistani Taliban,wait a minute,are you talking of Haqqani network or TTP?as they declared their cleavage or should I say break up with TTP.

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

ISLAMABAD: The Defense Committee of the Cabinet has restructured the National Security Council that will be responsible to quickly respond to sensitive national issues. The council will enhance coordination between military and civil institutions, Express News reported.
The committee also decided that negotiations with extremists will be conditional and there will be no dialogue until they are ready to deweaponise. The government will fight against extremists refusing to give up their weapons.
The decision was taken in a meeting presided by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Federal Information Minister Pervez Rasheed, Adviser on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Federal Defense Secretary Lieutenant General (Retired) Asif Yasin Malik and other senior civil and military officials attended the meeting.
“India has violated the ceasefire agreement 240 times during this year. Eight soldiers including two officials have been martyred as a result. Continuous shelling has also destroyed numerous houses,” said DGMO in his briefing to the cabinet.
Adviser on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz further added that Pakistan has protested the line of control violations numerous times. India should respect the ceasefire line agreement and the tensions between the two countries should immediately be resolved.
No dialogue till extremists deweaponise, says Defence Cabinet Committee – The Express Tribune

You cant "negotiate" with terrorists unless you are in a position of strength and they have more to lose than you, glad the govt has realized that.

Does that mean they will leave Pakistan? If so, then good. They can actually be useful for once.

Once they cross over we should do as you suggested, mine the borders.

What happens in Afghanistan, stays in Afghanistan. This is sounds like a recipe for a blood bath and Pakistan cannot afford another blow back.

I am sure the people in the tribal belt understand this, we need to develop and improve our standard of living. That way everyone benefits. If there are certain individuals who would like to continue this fight then be my guest, you are allowed to leave for Afghanistan. But you cannot come back.

To get some time out,then they will replenish themselves,recover their vulnerable position and to recover their damage,I think.

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

But Afghan Taliban clearly announced while addressing to TV one news reporter during an interview,that they have no relation and connection with Pakistani Taliban,wait a minute,are you talking of Haqqani network or TTP?as they declared their cleavage or should I say break up with TTP.

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

I dont know about such interview. Mullah omar urged all pakistani taliban to shift their focus on afghanistan against NATO. Mullah nazir and hafiz gul bahadur made peace deals with pak army and focused their energies on afghanistan but TTP stance was that they would never forgive pakistan army. After swat episode army has never considered them for talks. While TTP has divided opinions, some want to continue war with army while others want to focus on afghanistan. This offer for peace talks means either they are weakened or they want arrangement similar to hafiz gul bahadur..
Afghan taliban have clarified that war between TTP and pak army is internal issue of pakistan, they are only concerned about afghanistan.

Does that mean they will leave Pakistan? If so, then good. They can actually be useful for once.

Once they cross over we should do as you suggested, mine the borders.

What happens in Afghanistan, stays in Afghanistan. This is sounds like a recipe for a blood bath and Pakistan cannot afford another blow back.

I am sure the people in the tribal belt understand this, we need to develop and improve our standard of living. That way everyone benefits. If there are certain individuals who would like to continue this fight then be my guest, you are allowed to leave for Afghanistan. But you cannot come back.

They wont leave for afghanistan, rather they would want north waziristan to be their operational base from where they could launch attacks in afghanistan....just like haqqani network.

They wont leave for afghanistan, rather they would want north waziristan to be their operational base from where they could launch attacks in afghanistan....just like haqqani network.

Then we're f**ked either way.

I dont know about such interview. Mullah omar urged all pakistani taliban to shift their focus on afghanistan against NATO. Mullah nazir and hafiz gul bahadur made peace deals with pak army and focused their energies on afghanistan but TTP stance was that they would never forgive pakistan army. After swat episode army has never considered them for talks. While TTP has divided opinions, some want to continue war with army while others want to focus on afghanistan. This offer for peace talks means either they are weakened or they want arrangement similar to hafiz gul bahadur..
Afghan taliban have clarified that war between TTP and pak army is internal issue of pakistan, they are only concerned about afghanistan.

In same, Interview Mullah Umer said I don't know who Baitullah Masoud, or Mullah FM is...

Mullah Nazir and Gulbahadur never been consider as a part of TTP, in fact, in 2005, they both were fighting each other.. And Mullah Nazir before get killed clearly ordered TTP to leave Waziristan. So Definitely these are two entirely different entities...

In same, Interview Mullah Umer said I don't know who Baitullah Masoud, or Mullah FM is...

Mullah Nazir and Gulbahadur never been consider as a part of TTP, in fact, in 2005, they both were fighting each other.. And Mullah Nazir before get killed clearly ordered TTP to leave Waziristan. So Definitely these are two entirely different entities...

Exactly,that is why I was quite shocked to read the above statement,I personally believe that TTP shouldn't be given a peace chance,as Mr.Pakone himself has cleared TTP's stance that:

"They would never forgive Pakistan army".,

So my assumption was correct,their asking for peace talks means to have some time out and to recover their vulnerable position.
So,I can conclude this finally ending my quote with this final statement that:

"Pakistan army shouldn't given them chance by accepting their peace talks."

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

Back
Top Bottom