What's new

New COVID-19 cases in Ontario soar above 700 for first time in months

Reaction score
Country
Canada

TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting another surge in COVID-19 cases as new infections jump above 700 for the first time in months.

Health officials confirmed 722 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, which is an increase from the 689 infections on Saturday.

It's the highest number of new cases in a single day since June 5 when 744 cases were reported.

Today's case count also increased Ontario’s rolling seven-day average, which now stands at 564.

On this day last year, Ontario reported 108 new COVID-19 cases.

On Sunday, 564 cases were in people not fully vaccinated or had an unknown vaccination status. There were 158 cases in fully vaccinated people.

Ontario's test positivity rate also increased on Sunday to 3.2 per cent, with about 23,000 tests performed in the previous 24-hour period.

Ontario also logged two additional COVID-19-related deaths on Sunday, bringing the total number of fatalities to 9,453.

Today’s report brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Ontario to 559,512, including deaths and recoveries.

Ontario is currently in Step 3 of its reopening plan. On Tuesday, health officials said the province is putting the brakes on any further reopening ahead of a "difficult fall and winter" due to the Delta variant.

The province reports that 9,754,737 people in Ontario have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and are now considered fully vaccinated against the disease.

More than 20.4 million vaccine doses have been administered in the province since the rollout began last year.

2 million Ontario ppl who are eligible for vaccine refuse to take one....

you can argue with stupid.

2 million Ontario ppl who are eligible for vaccine refuse to take one....

you can argue with stupid.

I'm not taking a vaccine. Why should I? I never even took a flu shot. The new covid strains has death rate less than 1%, and the ones who do die are very old people or people who have AIDS or cancer.

I'm not taking a vaccine. Why should I? I never even took a flu shot. The new covid strains has death rate less than 1%, and the ones who do die are very old people or people who have AIDS or cancer.
If you dont take vaccine it will be hard for you travel.

If you dont take vaccine it will be hard for you travel.

They can't keep this up forever. Day in day out it costs the government billions a year on tests, vaccines, masks. Next year they will reopen and don't give a f anymore. I will again ride plane without vaccine just like in 2019.

They can't keep this up forever. Day in day out it costs the government billions a year on tests, vaccines, masks. Next year they will reopen and don't give a f anymore. I will again ride plane without vaccine just like in 2019.

I respect any one who have legit reason not to get it. I know a relative who is cancer survivor and have reasons not to get jabbed.

I respect any one who have legit reason not to get it. I know a relative who is cancer survivor and have reasons not to get jabbed.

I have rhinovirus. Rhinovirus boots coronavirus. So I don't get covid without vaccine anyway.

I have rhinovirus. Rhinovirus boots coronavirus. So I don't get covid without vaccine anyway.

If you already have immunity then no need.

But lot of us don't have a choice. i know 2 of my friends took it last week because there employers said ether take it or lose job.

If you already have immunity then no need.

But lot of us don't have a choice. i know 2 of my friends took it last week because there employers said ether take it or lose job.

That sucks. Tell them to go to China. More freedom.

Exactly what I say, and people here will ridicule you for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom