What's new

NASA rover captures mysterious light on Mars

thesolar65

Reaction score
Country
India
A NASA camera on Mars has captured what appears to be an artificial light shining outward from the red planet's surface.

The photo was beamed from one of two NASA rovers back to Earth last week.

With the space agency yet to addresses the anomaly, space enthusiasts have been quick to share their take on the phenomenon with many claiming it as "proof" intelligent life exists on Mars.

Scott C. Warning, who runs a popular conspiracy-based website noted that the light shines upward, as if from the ground.

"This could indicate there is intelligent life below the ground and uses light as we do," Waring wrote on his website. "This is not a glare from the sun, nor is it an artefact of the photo process."

It's not the first time photos taken by the NASA rover have been used by UFO enthusiasts to claim "proof" of life on Mars.

In January, a mysterious rock shaped as a 'jelly doughnut' captivated the world with pundits claiming it was evidence that living organisms existed on the red planet.

Not so, revealed NASA, officially declaring that the 'jelly doughnut' rock to be just that, a rock.

0804_marslight2_sp.ashx

@Skull and Bones @DRAY @scorpionx @Dem!god @Indischer @45'22' @levina @cheekybird @chak de INDIA and others. Now explain this!!

A NASA camera on Mars has captured what appears to be an artificial light shining outward from the red planet's surface.

With the space agency yet to addresses the anomaly, space enthusiasts have been quick to share their take on the phenomenon with many claiming it as "proof" intelligent life exists on Mars.

Scott C. Warning, who runs a popular conspiracy-based website noted that the light shines upward, as if from the ground.

"This could indicate there is intelligent life below the ground and uses light as we do," Waring wrote on his website. "This is not a glare from the sun, nor is it an artefact of the photo process."

It's not the first time photos taken by the NASA rover have been used by UFO enthusiasts to claim "proof" of life on Mars.

In January, a mysterious rock shaped as a 'jelly doughnut' captivated the world with pundits claiming it was evidence that living organisms existed on the red planet.

Not so, revealed NASA, officially declaring that the 'jelly doughnut' rock to be just that, a rock.

0804_marslight2_sp.ashx

@Skull and Bones @DRAY @scorpionx @Dem!god @Indischer @45'22' @levina @cheekybird @chak de INDIA and others. Now explain this!!
ok i will not say anything :coffee:

0804_marslight2_sp.ashx

okay lets go one by one on this....

let me show you the complete picture first

1.JPG

1) Towards the bottom there are tracks which doesnt appear to be in a pattern that would have been made by rover,looks more like water flow which evaporated.

2)Light source is pointing directly up from the ground...so the source of light is on the ground.like a geyser in the sunlight or a smokeless fire.I think there are ice geysers on mars:sick:

3) It could be a shiny object reflecting light.But I cant exclaim "rock"...because no rock is shiny like a mirror.

4) There are 2 cams on the rover.But only one camera captured this light.Btw both the cameras are just inches apart.So I dont have an explanation to this one.:D

So what is it an alien taking a pot shot with his gun???

Last edited:

0804_marslight2_sp.ashx

okay....even If I agree there are intelligent being on mars...and they live below the surface and uses light like us....then also it arises many question.....
why those guys will let the rover move around their space and will not take any action i.e. to destroy the rover clicking pics on them...
why did they allow the all the mars satellite to revolve around the planet and not take any action....
even if they live down the earth ...they must have known abt the nasa rover mission given they are intelligent being
or may be they are not so intelligent.....

any way I feel it has more to do with the atmosphere and behavior of light..in the region.....may be its the effect of reflection or refraction or diffusion of light that look like this......

Technology at its height. Rover running alone in MARS!!
When is the next rover planned? I've heard Europe, India and China are up to something

Technology at its height. Rover running alone in MARS!!
When is the next rover planned? I've heard Europe, India and China are up to something

Sep 2014 is when Mangalyaan will reach mar's atmosphere.

No quote... no say...

@thesolar65 @SarthakGanguly @kurup @DRAY @chak de INDIA
Nobody forgets to mention this cry baby here. ((( the @SpArK :cray:)))

Strict instructions:
From now on every Indian on this site would mention @SpArK atleast once a day.
woookay??:devil:

Damn!! Are they our ancestors? Are they native Martians? Did they come to explore Mars, just like us? Are they planning an invasion of Earth? Did they come to abduct @BDforever ? Too many questions, no answer!! :(
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

okay lets go one by one on this....

let me show you the complete picture first

View attachment 23929

1) Towards the bottom there are tracks which doesnt appear to be in a pattern that would have been made by rover,looks more like water flow which evaporated.

2)Light source is pointing directly up from the ground...so the source of light is on the ground.like a geyser in the sunlight or a smokeless fire.I think there are ice geysers on mars:sick:

3) It could be a shiny object reflecting light.But I cant exclaim "rock"...because no rock is shiny like a mirror.

4) There are 2 cams on the rover.But only one camera captured this light.Btw both the cameras are just inches apart.So I dont have an explanation to this one.:D

So what is it an alien taking a pot shot with his gun???
Most likely a just settled dust storm throwing up a lot of diffused light. The uniformity is strange but possible. Any underground source of light would be more concentrated and not so uniform.

Edit @levina - Diffused reflected Sunlight :P

Last edited:
Most likely a just settled dust storm throwing up a lot of diffused light. The uniformity is strange but possible. Any underground source of light would be more concentrated and not so uniform.

Illuminated dust particles??
I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom