What's new

Museum to honour Tendulkar to be built

pakiboi

New Recruit

Reaction score
The Maharashtra Government has decided to build a grand sports museum to honour iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.

"Sachin has made the state proud by his achievements in cricket. His contribution in the recent World Cup was immense," Chavan said at a function.

The state government has decided to build a grand sports museum in Tendulkar's name and befitting his stature, the Chief Minister said. The government plans a new youth and sports policy and there is a proposal to set up 54 sports complex at tehsil level.

Chavan felicitated 44 sportspersons with the Shiv Chhatrapati State Sports Awards.

Earlier this month, Chavan had informed the State Assembly that Maharashtra Government is going to recommend to the Centre that Tendulkar, who turned 38 on Sunday, should be given the 'Bharat Ratna' in view of his outstanding contribution to the game of cricket.

EVENTHOUGH I AM A PAKISTANI BUT I WON'T HESITATE FROM SAYING THAT 'NO DOUBT TENDULKAR UR THE LIVING LEGEND' . . :) :yes4:

Museum to honour Tendulkar to be built | Cricket News | Cricbuzz.com

What a waste of money.

If one has to build a Museum it should be a Hall of Fame and there are enough of Maharastrians who have excelled in Sports including Gavaskar.

I would prefer a museum of all former players , Umrigar , Vijay merchant, Nayudu , Hazare , Contractor , Pataudi , Amarnath , Gupte . The spin quartet ....they are the forgotten heroes who need to be acknowledged more frequently...

yea they have excelled in sports but not as much as tendulkar .. tendulkar is probably the greatest batsman but i dont know why would they say don bradman as the greatest . . it is just because of the avg . . and he has played less games compared to tendulkar .. u shouldn't go for the avg . . look at the records tendulkar has made .. he should probably be the best batsman now leaving don bradman behind . but we still do respect don bradman . . it is just taht he is an australian so being acknowledged more thn tendulkar .. im a pakistani but i hate aussie racists i would rather play for india thn go to aussie domestic circuits . . ! :|

Back
Top Bottom