What's new

More rigging proof comes through: Dr Shireen Mazari

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
More rigging proof comes through: Dr Shireen Mazari (May 20, 2014)

PTI’s claim of unprecedented rigging has been vindicated once again. The Election Tribunal in Lahore today (Tuesday 20 May) witnessed more proof of rigging when it opened the record of only 6 polling stations of PP 147, one of the two provincial constituencies under NA 122 from where Chairman Imran Khan contested against PMLN’s Ayaz Sadiq. PTI had won PP 148, the second constituency under NA 122.

The preliminary findings, before thumbprint verification, according to the pre-scanning report are shocking.

One: Instead of the required 6 bags, 7 bags were discovered for the 6 polling stations under scrutiny.

Two: Over 300 votes cast in the bags had no signature or stamp of the Presiding Officer – thereby these constituting null and void votes.

Three: In 3-4 bags there were no electoral lists – so again the votes in these bags become null and void.

Four: In 3-4 bags there were no counterfoils – again making the votes null and void.

So in the bags opened so far 1250 voted are null and void and there is the issue of the extra bag also.

And the thumbprint verifications have still to be held.

PTI lost this constituency by a margin of 6000 votes altogether so judging by the revelations so far the candidate who won did so through rigging.

Clearly, the declared result of NA 122 is now also totally suspect and the preliminary findings in PP 147 warrant the opening up of NA 122 for recount and thumbprint verification.

Shireen M Mazari
Central Information Secretary

@Leader @pkuser2k12 @Zarvan @batmannow @Armstrong @mafiya @mr42O

Well this is bad. Few days back there was a thread stating EVMs can be tampered to falsify election results. I bet this won't be possible with an EVM system.

Anyways next time u guys can also come up with EVMs. Hope then this will not be an issue.

PTI’s claim of unprecedented rigging has been vindicated once again. The Election Tribunal in Lahore today (Tuesday 20 May) witnessed more proof of rigging when it opened the record of only 6 polling stations of PP 147, one of the two provincial constituencies under NA 122 from where Chairman Imran Khan contested against PMLN’s Ayaz Sadiq. PTI had won PP 148, the second constituency under NA 122.

The preliminary findings, before thumbprint verification, according to the pre-scanning report are shocking.

One: Instead of the required 6 bags, 7 bags were discovered for the 6 polling stations under scrutiny.

Two: Over 300 votes cast in the bags had no signature or stamp of the Presiding Officer – thereby these constituting null and void votes.

Three: In 3-4 bags there were no electoral lists – so again the votes in these bags become null and void.

Four: In 3-4 bags there were no counterfoils – again making the votes null and void.

So in the bags opened so far 1250 voted are null and void and there is the issue of the extra bag also.

And the thumbprint verifications have still to be held.

PTI lost this constituency by a margin of 6000 votes altogether so judging by the revelations so far the candidate who won did so through rigging.

Clearly, the declared result of NA 122 is now also totally suspect and the preliminary findings in PP 147 warrant the opening up of NA 122 for recount and thumbprint verification.

Shireen M Mazari
Central Information Secretary

@Leader @pkuser2k12 @Zarvan @batmannow @Armstrong @mafiya @mr42O
Two questions
1-Do the void votes count as rigging?
2-How many of those void votes were casted to whom?
I guess if she can answer that, this would make things clear.

As I am not able to follow the whole thing in details. I have a question to the ones who do. If we get to a conclusion that the rigging did take place, and some legal action is taken lets say the courts decide that the seats in question should be vacated and a re run of elections should take place there. Then how does it effect the standing Gov, how many seats do they lose.

As I am not able to follow the whole thing in details. I have a question to the ones who do. If we get to a conclusion that the rigging did take place, and some legal action is taken lets say the courts decide that the seats in question should be vacated and a re run of elections should take place there. Then how does it effect the standing Gov, how many seats do they lose.

PTI is building a case for Pakistan' future sake, rigging proven would establish the fact, and it will help us reform the electoral system..

BoFOOJQIUAAkOpS.jpg:large

PTI is building a case for Pakistan' future sake, rigging proven would establish the fact, and it will help us reform the electoral system..

BoFOOJQIUAAkOpS.jpg:large
I understand that part, my question is that how does it effect the current situation if it does at all.

I understand that part, my question is that how does it effect the current situation if it does at all.

stronger opposition. and also that if massive evidence of rigging surfaces, pmln losses the right to rule..

only democratic solution then left is mid-term elections, for the sake of democracy.

stronger opposition. and also that if massive evidence of rigging surfaces, pmln losses the right to rule..

only democratic solution then left is mid-term elections, for the sake of democracy.
Good Luck, and may Allah protect Pakistan.

Two questions
1-Do the void votes count as rigging?
2-How many of those void votes were casted to whom?
I guess if she can answer that, this would make things clear.

1) Yes, those void votes didn't had any signature or stamp on them, so clearly someone stuffed these votes after voting ended. How on earth these votes reached ballot boxes instead?

2) Those details will be revealed by election tribunal.

1) Yes, those void votes didn't had any signature or stamp on them, so clearly someone stuffed these votes after voting ended. How on earth these votes reached ballot boxes instead?

2) Those details will be revealed by election tribunal.
A vote without signature is the mistake of polling staff. A vote without stamp-as you put it- or multiple is useless for everyone and is usually counted out at the start. I wonder what were PTI's polling agents doing there when these votes were getting count.

A vote without signature is the mistake of polling staff. A vote without stamp-as you put it- or multiple is useless for everyone and is usually counted out at the start. I wonder what were PTI's polling agents doing there when these votes were getting count.

PTI polling agents were thrown out of polling station at lots of places. And who knows these votes without stamp/signatures were actually counted in favor of PML-N winning candidate? Also what about 7 bags coming out instead of actual 6? I guess that extra bag full of votes was also mistake of voter or polling staff? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom