What's new

Modi delays Japan visit

BuddhaPalm

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
Modi’s Japan visit put off

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s expected visit to Japan next month has been deferred till the budget session of Parliament ends in early August.

The decision has been taken in view of the Budget Session which is very important for the Prime Minister and is expected to be a path-breaking one, putting into action many ideas which Mr. Modi has been talking about since several months.

The Cabinet meeting, chaired by Mr. Modi here this evening, decided to recommend the convening of the Budget session in the first week of July, sources said.

Already the Indo-Japanese alliance is cracking.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s expected visit to Japan next month has been deferred till the budget session of Parliament ends in early August.

The decision has been taken in view of the Budget Session which is very important for the Prime Minister and is expected to be a path-breaking one, putting into action many ideas which Mr. Modi has been talking about since several months.

The Cabinet meeting, chaired by Mr. Modi here this evening, decided to recommend the convening of the Budget session in the first week of July, sources said.

I guess in your hurry you did not read the article? it happens !!!!!!:lol:

I guess in your hurry you did not read the article? it happens !!!!!!:lol:

The topic is says "delayed". Put off means put until a later time. Since the visit will be delayed to early August, his description is right on.

Will he also delay his trip to Brazil for the BRICS summit? I understand the budget is important, but putting foreign leaders on hold is kind of embarrassing, symptomatic of bad organization skills.

Will he also delay his trip to Brazil for the BRICS summit? I understand the budget is important, but putting foreign leaders on hold is kind of embarrassing, symptomatic of bad organization skills.
Meeting was suppose to happen on 3-4th july, but PM Abe isnt in the country or something else, hence there was a delay, but with the new dates Japan has sent us, it is clashing with his governments first budget session.

He is probably going for the BRICS meeting because it is multilateral event. I believe there were serious problems with Mr. Modi being in a position where he is unable to offer Japanese business anything till the budget is presented in parliament. Also it is believed that Mr.Modi wanted something substantial to come out of the visit, not just a photo-op. Even the US-2 deal was having issues with Japan wanting more guarantees that it won't be used for military purposes. It is now reported that PM Abe has asked his people to work up something substantial & then look at new dates.

Relax , its just a problem of finding matching dates lol

Back
Top Bottom