What's new

Militants behead three anti-Taliban militia chiefs in northwest Pakistan

anilindia

Reaction score
Heavily-armed militants have beheaded at least three anti-Taliban militia chiefs and kidnapped several others in Pakistan's troubled northwest tribal region, security officials say.

Local security officials said on Tuesday anti-Taliban chiefs were killed when dozens of pro-Taliban militants armed with guns and rockets attacked their homes in Bara, the main town in the Khyber tribal region, late Monday.

Security sources said the attackers have managed to flee the scene before the tribal policemen cordoned off the area.

The authorities said they have launched an investigation into the brutal incident.

The leaders have played a major role in setting up the Lashkar (militia) to drive pro-Taliban militants out of restive northwestern Khyber region and its adjacent areas.

Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it has targeted the leaders for leading armed resistance against militant groups in the troubled region.

The Islamabad government has long encouraged local tribesmen to set up militias to fight against militant groups, but many militiamen have been killed in attacks.

Militants have carried out numerous attacks against security forces as well as civilians and managed to spread their influence in various regions of the country, despite frequent offensives by the Pakistani army.

Despite the Pakistani government's operations against militants and terrorists, they are still able to spread their influence in various regions of the country.

Thousands of Pakistanis have lost their lives in bombings and other militant attacks since 2001, when Pakistan entered an alliance with the US in the so-called war on terrorism.

Thousands more have been displaced by the wave of violence and militancy sweeping across the country.

Thousands of Pakistanis have lost their lives in bombings and other militant attacks since 2001, when Pakistan entered an alliance with the US in the so-called war on terrorism.

Thousands more have been displaced by the wave of violence and militancy sweeping across the country.
PressTV - Militants behead three anti-Taliban militia chiefs in northwest Pakistan

Several reports say that the heads of 4 more pro pak army militiamen who were previously reported as kidnapped have found today morning.

DAWN reports that the militants warned locals not to pick up their heads before noon.

So basically, its good that the Taliban killed three men who were fighting against them on behalf of the Pakistani government?

Thats brilliant.

Didn't know that my bad! Comment edited. First I thought they also belong to another terrorists group, but they are local tribal militia.

Didn't know that my bad! Comment edited. First I thought they also belong to another terrorists group, but they are local tribal militia.

Which is why, always read the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom