What's new

Mechanised forces display firepower, combat tactics

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Mechanised forces display firepower, combat tactics - The Times of India

AHMEDNAGAR: The thunder of tanks and infantry combat vehicles (ICVs), which unleashed their firepower at the K K Ranges, was the high point of a demonstration by the Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACCS) and the Mechanised Infantry Regimental Centre (MIRC) on Thursday.

The school and the centre are premier establishments of the Indian mechanised forces, headed by Lieutenant General A K Mehta and Brigadier Joydeep Bhati, respectively. These institutions, besides training personnel of the armoured corps, mechanised infantry, engineers and artillery, also train those from friendly foreign countries in mechanised warfare and technical training and on armoured fighting vehicles.

The Army Southern Command, headquartered in Pune, took media persons on a conducted visit to the ranges to witness the demonstration in the presence of students of the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, among others.

The event, which highlighted the might of the army tanks referred to as T-55, T-72, T-90 andMBT Arjun and ICVs BMP-I and II, also showcased a well-planned integrated 'Line of March' assault on enemy targets under simulated battle conditions. This involved a combat command comprising of the armoured, mechanised, infantry and engineers combat groups, with back-up support from the Indian Air Force's frontline combat aircraft Sukhoi 30 Mk-II, specially flown in from the Lohegaon air base's Rhino Squadron, and three advanced light helicopters.

The 'Hunter Killer' concept displayed by the T-90 tanks, which while on the move, accurately engaged different targets at varying ranges with shells and missiles.

Later, during a brief interaction with the press, Lt Gen Mehta said, "The army has been dealing with some of the best mechanised equipment including tanks and the ICVs on display are capable of taking difficult tasks 24x7. The firepower demonstration forms a key part of our preparedness to face the evolving tactics of modern day warfare where integrated action is a crucial element."

Colonel R Khatri, senior instructor at the school of armoured warfare, said, "The ACCS has been through a modernisation plan ever since moving its facilities to the new cantonment area a few years ago." This includes an enhanced thrust on training in new technologies related to armoured warfare, advanced and basic training in military automotive, armament and electronics, signals, communication, use of simulators and better models.

The ACCS is also set to acquire Russian anti-missile system 'Stora' which can detect an incoming missile and can eject a projection to destroy such a missile, Khatri added.

"Elements like the explosive reactive armoury (ERA) panels, installed on battle tanks for beating different kinds of lethal and high explosive ammunition have added teeth to the fighting prowess of the army tanks," he added.

At the School of Tactical Training's automotive wing, T-90 tanks displayed deep fording, where the tank goes through seven-metre deep water for over 1 km.

3vaewt.jpg

?????????????????????????????

aint that Shtora??also,does IA's T-90s possess SHTORA???

Yes, its Shorta.

The article says ''IA is set Acquire shorta'' but the Current IA's T90s doesn't possess it.

If its true then its great, i really love those Red Eyes...:D

Last edited:
Yes, its Shorta.

The article says ''IA is set Acquire shorta'' but the Current IA's T90s don't possess it.

If its true than its great, i really love those Red Eyes...:D

Actually I've read somewhere that T-90s going to have LEDS-150 APS...

Indo - Tibet border is the main talking point these days not Indo-Pakistan border.

What ur saying correct bcoz the Russians never provided Shorta to anybody, its one of the closely guarded secerts of Russian T90 tank, so u never know when the tables turn.

Besides the Russians always put the second best system on sale n since they r moving to a new tank platform so Shorta might be put on sale.

Back
Top Bottom