What's new

Mahatma Gandhi inspires me: Malala Yousafzai Read more at: http://news.one

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Mahatma Gandhi inspires me: Malala Yousafzai

Malala, who was shot by the Taliban for advocating girls' right to education in Pakistan, addressed an inspiring speech at the United Nations. Thousands of youth leaders from across the world were gathered at the UN on the occasion of UN Youth Assembly.

In her maiden speech at the UN, Malala thanked everyone who prayed for her fast recovery, including all the doctors, nurses and the hospital staff in Pakistan as well as Britain.

The young activist asserted that it was not just her birthday, but it was a day of "every boy and girl who have raised their voice for their rights". Mahatma Gandhi inspires me: Malala Lambasting at the Taliban, she said, "On 9th of October, 2012, Taliban shot me. They thought the bullets will silence us, but they failed...out of that silence came thousands of voices." As spreading awareness about women education is Malala's top most priority, she said, "I am here to speak up for the right of education of every child...I also want education for the children of the Talibs who attacked me and other terrorists across the world." Malala said that she learnt the philosophy of non-violence from Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa and also said that she got her power from world leaders like Martin Luther king, Nelson Mandela and Mohammad Ali Jinnah.

Malala, added, "Lets pick up our books and pens. They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world. Education is the only solution. The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions, but nothing changed in life, except this: weakness, fear and hopelessness died. Strength, courage and fervour was born." Various seminars, conferences and other ceremonies were held across Pakistan to pay tribute to Malala who fought for girl's Education in Swat valley against the Taliban. But the day went unnoticed in her home district Swat in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where more girls than ever are in school since she was attacked by the Taliban.

Read more at: Mahatma Gandhi inspires me: Malala Yousafzai - Oneindia News

Read more at: Mahatma Gandhi inspires me: Malala Yousafzai - Oneindia News

Malala invokes Gandhi in her UN speech - Hindustan Times

Malala Yousafzai invokes Mahatma Gandhi in her UN speech | NDTV.com

Malala Yousafzai invokes Gandhi in her UN speech, says not afraid of Taliban threats : Rest of the World, News - India Today

The Mahatma is the inspiration for the generations to come. He gave us the message of non violence, he also have us the hope that no matter how many religions exist in a society, we all can live together peacefully; and he was right. Look at India, all the faiths exist together, cheer together, they also sometimes fight but in the end they live together. That's what he professed.

Unfortunately he could not convince his village friend about the same who thought otherwise.

inspired by Gandhi she was bound to be against terrorism and cave mentality. if her countrymen would also have right inspiration.....
That's not possible as they are getting good money for sticking with terrorism and caveman mentality. They are extracting money from oil producing countries for promoting it and from other countries for just acting like they are fighting the disease. Nothing will change for them as they are happily living with extremism and it is also giving them good monetary returns. BTW, they already rejected Malala..

Courageous and what more can we say about this little sister from our neighbor Pakistan, she kept her life at stake for education,i think this act from UN is a very positive action and it conveys a message to whole world. :fans:

Back
Top Bottom