What's new

Karachi turning into capital of picturesque beauty

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Karachi turning into capital of picturesque beauty

Karachi, the financial capital of Pakistan, is swiftly turning into the capital of scenic beauty and bridges because of the hectic and untiring efforts of the officials of the City Government, DHA and Clifton Cantonment Board. During the past one and a half-year a lot of developmental works had been completed in this mega city of Pakistan. Over a year ago the frequent traffic jams, congested roads and pounds of rainwater made the life miserable for the people of the largest city of Pakistan. The people of Karachi would never forget the havoc the rains caused in 2007 in Karachi.

Seeing agonising traffic jams and havoc wreaked by stormy rains in 2007, the officials of the City Government, DHA and Clifton Cantonment Board kicked off several developmental projects in 2007. Consequently, in 2008 the Karachiites heaved a sigh of relief when the rainwater dissipated itself without causing any havoc and harm to the citizens.

The city government, led by MQM’s untiring and energetic icon, Syed Mustafa Kamal, had also initiated uplift projects and expedited work on them that provided a great comfort, relief to the people and added to the scenic beauty of Karachi. During the past one and a half year, several major roads of the city had been expanded, renovated and repaired to ensure smooth traffic flow. A few days ago the City Government had set another milestone by inaugurating about 6-km long Malir bridge while more bridges are being constructed in haste to make Karachi “the capital of bridges”.

Karachiites now openly say that Jamaat Islami’s man, Naitullah Khan, kick-started the development work in Karachi and MQM’s Mustafa Kamal took the uplift work to new heights, winning the accolades and applauds of the citizens, foreigners and people of other cities.

Credit also goes to DHA and Clifton Cantonment Board that envisaged important schemes to make the city clean, beautiful and attractive and to make traffic hassle free in its jurisdiction.

At many crossings ‘Chowrangis’ in Karachi, the motorists and the visitors can find many new foundations, floras, faunas, and other picturesque of beauty.

A visit to Clifton Beach also reflects a total change in the beach’s scenario and scenic beauty as many icons of attractions, multi-colour flags and lush-green belt in middle of dual road, can be found there. The dual road of the beach had also been expanded, repaired and the roads give good picture of cleanliness and smoothness. Whole the day and night the Clifton beach gives a quiet, calm and serene look, except on weekend days, when a large number of beach-lovers gather there to celebrate their weekend in an environment of their own choice.

The only drawback of the Clifton beach is the presence of horses, camels, their stinking dung and scores of beggars that disturb the tourists and the visitors. These drawbacks are rarely seen in other countries beach areas.

Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim and Clifton Beach Park are the most favourite places of the people who spend some time with their families and loved-ones in calm and tranquil environment, especially in summer season when the load-shedding reaches its peak at night and the people rush to these spots to beat the load-shedding.

Clifton Beach, on the Arabian Sea, is a beach in Karachi. The other beaches close to the city are Sandspit, Hawks Bay, and Paradise Point, but Clifton Beach is the most popular picnic point in Karachi.

Karachi turning into capital of picturesque beauty | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

anyone got any pics of how clifton beach looks now ? i remember it only as being really dirty would love to see it's improvement.

Last edited:
Mashallah i have been hearing about this from fam in Karachi ! i only wish and pray that Karachi makes a name for its self and is loved by its people first before the world this needed to be done overall my prayers are with Pakistan always :pakistan:

i guss, MQM did a great job, even its way of politics isnt liked very much, but still MQM did termendous job.

I found some pictures of Clifton beach on the internet.

7bebf197a0eb9f07aa7522519993f60c.jpg

75f5dd10975e13c9aaee74013767a3b2.jpg

This picture was taken in January 2009
Clifton Beach, on the Arabian Sea, is a beach in Clifton, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan, one of the neighborhoods of Saddar Town, Karachi. The beach has attractions for families and tourists, including beachside horse and camel rides, amusement parks, restaurants, and swimming in the Arabian Sea.
Clifton Beach, Karachi on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
This is true Pakistan is engaged in mega infrastructure projects throughout the country especially in Karachi...Watch my video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karachi is going to be the next big thing, there is so much going on in karachi. With in the next 15 years you will get to see the development of Karachi waterfront, with a lot of projects under construction like Cresent bay, and many more. I will post a list later :)

Camel and Horse riding is fun on the beach. We dont have that here in the U.S.

It's fun until they leave pies all over the sand. While people are trying to enjoy their time.

guys if you are interested in, seeing and want know about all the development taking plae in lahore, karachi and islamabad, then search mehfil pakistan on google.

Mashallah i have been hearing about this from fam in Karachi ! i only wish and pray that Karachi makes a name for its self and is loved by its people first before the world this needed to be done overall my prayers are with Pakistan always :pakistan:

Karachi is the birth place of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

I'm not from Karachi but I love Karachi and love hearing news about development of the city because it's the city of the founder of our nation :pakistan:

Love it... :D I have always had a thing about Karachi, amazing city.

Omar1984 iam glad to hear this from u! Iam Actually from Karachi my friend but i been raised here in the US i go back every year! iam proud of or nation in several things but when these projects are done and finished then its a diff story if u are not from Karachi its hard to understand just hope and pray that Karachi and our whole country grows inshallah iam just a very realistic person i have heard of sever projects that even got started and ended or on stall for years all iam saying is lets hoep for the best and hope that these go through .

Back
Top Bottom