What's new

Karachi in shambles: Celebs speak out

PaklovesTurkiye

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ayesha Omar, Ali Rehman Khan and Wasim Akram heartbroken over current state of metropolitan city after the rain
Entertainment Desk July 28, 2020

Casualties, prolonged power breakdowns, overflowing drains and inundated streets with bumper-to-bumper traffic - with the forecast of monsoon rains and urban flooding in Karachi, these too were easy to foresee. Yet it appeared the authorities, at least, failed to take adequate steps to address these entirely predictable problems.

As the second spell of monsoon comes to an end, a lot more videos and pictures of the metropolitan city in shambles surfaced on social media. Citizens and celebs alike hoped for better infrastructure and sadly, the drainage system. Ayesha Omar, Ali Rehman Khan and Wasim Akram took to social media and highlighted the same.

"I’m torn. I love, love the rain but it kills me to see what my city and its people have to go through, after. Its heartbreaking. It’s so unfair," the Bulbulay star tweeted.

"Karachi goes through the same bittersweet predicament every time it rains, every single year for as long as I can remember. How does the largest city in Pakistan have the worst planning & development in the country? We all know the answer, we just wish for it to change," shared the Parchi actor.

"Seeing the footage of Karachi underwater and my heart goes out to all affected. I can’t say I’m not surprised that this has happened yet again. A wake-up call? No, it’s a problem that needs to be addressed period! We need to fix our beautiful city," Akram shared.

He added, "I tweeted because I am seeing videos of full gutters in Defence, flooded roads of Gulistan-e-Jauhar, PECHS, Baldia and a city being destroyed by rain yet again. I have no political agenda whatsoever. I am just a citizen of Pakistan and care for the welfare of people in my hometown."

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2257071/karachi-in-shambles-celebs-speak-out

When even CELEBS speak out - You know the situation is COMPLETELY screwed. Don't take it, lightly. It's a city of more 20 million people. Treat your financial hub as US treats NewYork, China treats Shanghai. No excuses will work now. This is getting international and bringing embarrassment to Pakistan

Solution to Karachi is Baldiyati Nizam, devolution of power and funds. It was implemented when Musharaf was in power and both Niamatullah Khan and later Mustafa Kamal did wonders for the city. Same MQM once the Nazim system removed has done nill for Karachi despite having it's Mayor for the city. Until re introduced neither PTI can deliver as well. Money has been spent on the city but because of incompetency of KDA since no central planning or ownership it goes to waste. Im seeing roads being rebuilt or repaired every 1-2yr or just before election time but they get ruined quickly because there is no central management, someone digs it up or because of no drainage planning ruins from stagnant water.

Other alternative is to hand over Karachi control to federal gov like it was till mid 70s. Karachi would still be part of Sindh province but control would be like Islamabad in that scenario. Moving provincial capital to Larkana or another city would do wonders and progress Sindh by leaps as currently best minds of Sindh have to relocate to Karachi for opportunities, if same infrastructure, hospitals, gov offices etc created in another city they wont need to come to Karachi for work and develop their local areas.

Last edited:
What sad state of affairs, the Kargil mistake you guys are still paying until date.

Off-topic.

Wonder what mistakes the khusra leaders of India made for this to happen to their populace.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eople-affected-and-13-killed-by-indias-floods

3500.jpg

What sad state of affairs, the Kargil mistake you guys are still paying until date.

India should be the last country on this planet to lecture anyone on a lack of infrastructure and other facilities. :lol:

i think zardari gang will come up winner again from this too

Karachi aerial views look the best among all pakistani cities . This must be politically motivated

Back
Top Bottom