What's new

JF-17 Wikipedia article

hj786

Reaction score
Anybody want to help improve it?

JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the general layout is OK for now, but we can add lots more information to the development and design sections. Could also use some good pictures.

I want to make it more like the F-16 article:
F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lots of information and pictures in a well-organised layout. But I think there should be larger pictures on the right side of the article as well, to stop it looking like a big wall of text.

I need help with what to add to the text and pictures (they must be fair-use images - see Wikipedia:Image use policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Also need help with submitting the request to get these images cleared for use in articles:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Upload

At the moment there is only one picture of JF - the 2007 flypast I think:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:JF-17_Thunder

Last edited:
If anybody could send me some clean, good quality high res pictures that do not have any watermark on them, I want to try uploading and showing them on the article. A good cockpit pic would be great. Also could use pictures of original super-7/FC-1 and then pics of new version to highlight improvements. Pictures of new version with weapons would also be good.

er ok, obviously this isn't going over well...

Anyway. These are the "related" and "comparable" aircraft lists on the article:

Related development
* Chengdu J-7
* Chengdu J-10

Comparable aircraft
* AIDC FCK-1 Ching-kuo
* Dassault Mirage 2000
* JAS-39 Gripen
* F-16 Fighting Falcon
* Northrop YF-17
* F/A-18 Hornet
* F-20 Tigershark
* Mitsubishi F-2

What do you peeps think? Should I add anything else?

Last edited:
er ok, obviously this isn't going over well...

Anyway. These are the "related" and "comparable" aircraft lists on the article:

Related development
* Chengdu J-7
* Chengdu J-10

Comparable aircraft
* AIDC FCK-1 Ching-kuo
* Dassault Mirage 2000
* JAS-39 Gripen
* F-16 Fighting Falcon
* Northrop YF-17
* F/A-18 Hornet
* F-20 Tigershark
* Mitsubishi F-2

What do you peeps think? Should I add anything else?
Look F18 is in no way comparable to the JF 17 in its current form!!!!!!!

I can help you with some of the writing...we need to have a proper layout of the page; my suggestion:

1) General Summary. When project was started; goals; how it stands today.

2) Background information & history. Talk about goal for self-reliance; Super Sabre, Super-7, FC-1 PT-1/3; PT-4.

3) Project at present. Production in PAC; how PAF plans to procure the fighters...i.e. first 50 with Chinese stuff, later batches with Western, etc; prospects of AESA, new-gen weapon-systems; engine issues, etc.

4) Export prospects.

I can help you with some of the writing...we need to have a proper layout of the page; my suggestion:

1) General Summary. When project was started; goals; how it stands today.

2) Background information & history. Talk about goal for self-reliance; Super Sabre, Super-7, FC-1 PT-1/3; PT-4.

3) Project at present. Production in PAC; how PAF plans to procure the fighters...i.e. first 50 with Chinese stuff, later batches with Western, etc; prospects of AESA, new-gen weapon-systems; engine issues, etc.

4) Export prospects.

Sweet! Cheers Mark.
There was already some stuff about super-7, sabre-II, PT-1/3/4 there before in the Development section, I put a sub-heading "Origins" for it. I have added a couple of bits here and there but I need more sources for that.
The current layout is the same as other jet articles - it is standardised by wikipedia. Layout-wise I reckon it is pretty tidy, but content-wise it could use some work.
I think it needs another Design sub-section called "Airframe."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom