What's new

"Iskander" is ready for export

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Engineering Design Bureau is ready to export tactical missile complex " Iskander "
137457.JPEG

Engineering Design Bureau is ready to export tactical missile complexes
Kolomna (Moscow region) , Feb. 7. ( ARMS-TASS ) . Engineering Design Bureau ( KBM , Kolomna ) is ready to export tactical missile complexes ( PTRC ) " Iskander " . This ARMS-TASS in an exclusive interview with the general director and general designer MSC Valery Kashin .
According to him, in previous years, when the amount of the state defense order ( SDO) was small , the company led the active marketing activities and even prepared through of " Rosoboronexport " one contract for the supply of " Iskander " the foreign customer. However, for political reasons, the contract was not signed.
Later , Cashin said , " we are stopped promotion of" Iskander "on the international market , receiving long-term contract from the Ministry of Defence to supply PTRC Russian army under defense contracts , since it took us a performance boost production by 4-5 times ."
Interested foreign clients were advised not to make inquiries about the sale of " Iskander " before 2015 , the head of the MSC .
" Now, when we went on to perform the required level of SDO production, together with the" Rosoboronexport " renewed efforts to promote export complex . And there are requests to it already " - he informed.

As far as I know Iskander - Arabic name of Alexander the Great. Arabs called him the "two-horned" - and missile complex is "two-horned" also.
1635479634.jpg

As far as I know Iskander - Arabic name of Alexander the Great. Arabs called him the "two-horned" - and missile complex is "two-horned" also.
1635479634.jpg

Yes and no, iskandar is indeed Arabic for Alexandar but "two horns" is Zulkernain. very few scholars associate Zulkernain with Alexandar but most regard him a some other person.

Yes and no, iskandar is indeed Arabic for Alexandar but "two horns" is Zulkernain. very few scholars associate Zulkernain with Alexandar but most regard him a some other person.

Zulkernain is also an arabic word used in "Quran" as well meaning of "two horned". Most of the historians and narrator of Quran and tafseer are agreed that that person was the Persian King "Cyrus".

I thought you were talking about iskender kebab :lol:

It seems not everybody understand what this thing is. The mere mention of that in the Kaliningrad region appeared these missiles - has caused a terrible diarrhea in Germany.
These missiles can not be intercepted with existing air defense. Because of these missiles Americans revised plans for missile defense in Europe.

1635479634.jpg

Actually that is disputed today, two horned more than likely refers to Cyrus the Great and not Alexander the Great. Most eastern people however do call Alexander, Iskander or Sikander.

1635479634.jpg
BTW due to its shape and color scheme this missile looks like giant canon shell :-)

Iran asked Russia to buy its technology (or buy some missiles) but Russia refused because they said it was their top-tech and they didnt want t sell it and so Iran worked on its domestic program which resulted in Fateh-110 (Conqueror-Ali). In terms of accuracy they are in the same level. Range wise, Fateh-110 has 300 km (officially) and Iskander-M has 400 km (officially). the main difference is their speed as Iskandar is 6 mach and Fateh-110 is 3 mach. but on the other hand Iskandar has a 480 warhead whereas Fateh-110 has a 650 km warhead.
Fateh-110-new-TEL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom