What's new

ISI Trying to Get Involved with Maoists in NE: Assam CM

Kesang

Reaction score
Country
India
PC-Gogoi.jpg

Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said that the ISI is now trying to get involved with the Maoists who are attempting to gain base in the North East region. Talking to reporters after a meeting with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram at Raj Bhawan this morning, the Chief Minister said that the Maoist activities are increasing in the State with the ultras trying to set up base in some districts. ¡°In today¡¯s meeting, we had discussed various issues related to militancy and stressed the need to foil any kind of attempts made by insurgent groups be it the Maoists or the anti-talk faction of any other organization,¡± Gogoi said.
¡°The Maoists are getting support from other NE rebel groups, like the ULFA and the ISI too is getting involved,¡± he said. Gogoi also said that the State, during the course of today¡¯s meeting, requested the Union Minister for additional Central forces to prevent any kind of militant activities in the State. Altogether 86battalions of Central paramilitary forces are currently deployed in the state and another 13 battalions that have been taken out for the Uttar Pradesh polls will also return after completion of the election process. ¡°Althoughthe situation has improved, we are pressing the Home Minister for more forces to ensure that militants do not regain strength. We haveasked for total 125 battalions,¡± the Chief Minister said.
¡°Like the Naxal-affected areas, we have also asked for special funds so that the Maoists cannot penetrate further,¡± he pointed out. Onthe peace process with various militant groups, Gogoi said, ¡°Our doors for talks are still open for everyone including the Paresh Barua-led ULFA faction. We want peaceful resolution of all problems and we will back the Centre in this.¡± Gogoi went on to say that Myanmar continued to be a base for NE militants even after India¡¯s relations with the neighbouring nation have improved. ¡°In fact, even the Myanmarese Government has limited influence in the areas where NE rebels have set up base,¡± he added. The issue of rehabilitation of surrendered militants was also discussed with Chidambaram.

ISI Trying to Get Involved with Maoists in NE | Northeast Today

The Only way for ISI into that part of India is through Nepal and BD.

Nepal is already friendly to us.

We need to work more to bring BD by our side, and that too quickly.

BTW, my personal belief is, that Assam faces a bigger threat from illegal immigrants than it does from ULFA or other terrorists.

The Only way for ISI into that part of India is through Nepal and BD.

Nepal is already friendly to us.

We need to work more to bring BD by our side, and that too quickly.

BTW, my personal belief is, that Assam faces a bigger threat from illegal immigrants than it does from ULFA or other terrorists.

100% agree and bangladeshi illegal migrant and cattle trader cross our border everyday with ease. Its not hard to imagine that how easy for ISI to intrude in NE via BD border.

you guys do realize that spy agencies don't just walk across the border and start doing their thing right?
It's not like an ISI officer is going to get on a horse and illegally cross the border with only a backpack and an old map.
He won't hide in the forest during the day and only travel at night, and when he finally finds the rebels he won't......do what ever is is spys do..... and he especially wont fall in love with the commanders daughter, only to lose her when Indian forced raid their camp, and he only luckily escapes................
Dear God this would be an amazing FICTION movie. :woot:

Gives India / RAW license to also meddle in their internal affairs. :rolleyes:

you guys do realize that spy agencies don't just walk across the border and start doing their thing right?
It's not like an ISI officer is going to get on a horse and illegally cross the border with only a backpack and an old map.
He won't hide in the forest during the day and only travel at night, and when he finally finds the rebels he won't......do what ever is is spys do..... and he especially wont fall in love with the commanders daughter, only to lose her when Indian forced raid their camp, and he only luckily escapes................

Sir you are wasting your talents here:yahoo:

LOL too many spy movies and novels I guess.. u could become a good fiction script writer.

I could, but I am facing too much competition from my Indian friends here, although they don't classify their works as fiction.

Dude I disagree, you guys have the copyright on conspiracy theories and fictional stories. And some of the stories and theories u come out with are bizarre to say the least.

lol ISI is also involved in setting up BFs for his daughters ...

any proofs ? indians keep on asking us about this in case of Baluchistan, but they never ask their leaders for it....

BTW if ISI doing this, its realy good, its a payback time i guess....

They will fail again if they try get involved.. they are serious fail and jokers in front of whole world...they exist for providing laughter to world and for own country...

Lets see what comes out of it, RAW vs ISI, lets pretend we don't know who will eventually win.

NE actually never belonged to INDIA. Assam & tripura for example was always muslim majority while arunchal was part of tibet. Naghaland & mizoram always had their distinct independent identity. If not for that retarded mouthbaton INDIA wouldn't have been
this big.

Back
Top Bottom