What's new

Iran's Petropars to develop Farzad B gas field, Oil minister says

Dariush the Great

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Indians fail to deliver yet again

Iran has signed a $1.78 billion contract with Petropars Group to develop the country's Farzad B gas field, Oil Ministry website SHANA said on Monday, after the failure of talks with Indian companies to develop the offshore site.

Precisely! You can either nag and beg or get to work!

The question is what level of technology does local domestic Iranian energy companies have versus China or Russian energy companies developing the same field.

Maybe @EvilWesteners can answer this question.

For example, Iran’s oil output is still less than it was during the peak of Shah era.

The question is what level of technology does local domestic Iranian energy companies have versus China or Russian energy companies developing the same field.

Maybe @EvilWesteners can answer this question.

For example, Iran’s oil output is still less than it was during the peak of Shah era.
Iran is a late bloomer in the petro industry from a project owner point of view. However it is very apparent that they have developed substantially over the past decade. Take south pars as an example. Iran managed to over take Qatar’s output with mainly domestic suppliers because of western sanctions and China/India/Russia dragged their feet. Iranians firms could go from requirement stage to design and manufacturing with domestic capabilities. There aren’t many countries that can control the product life cycle in that manner.

same thing goes with massive infrastructure projects such as tunnels, channels etc

the only major infrastructure area which Iran is behind right now is mass production of domestic railway. And that is mainly due to low output of high quality metallurgy. But that will soon change as well as we see major advancements in that sector as well.

the only major infrastructure area which Iran is behind right now is mass production of domestic railway. And that is mainly due to low output of high quality metallurgy. But that will soon change as well as we see major advancements in that sector as well.
how the output is supposed to go up, when on lips they say exporting raw material is Bad, but then they issue orders and export of Iron Ingot , instead converting it to materials more suitable for industry and use it
instead of importing those materials

Last edited:
It seems like the news of this has just reached the ears of the indian media
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-b-gas-field-in-iran/articleshow/82706202.cms

In the end the biggest loser here was india,who spent around $400,000,000 and now has nothing to show for it,and something tells me that despite india cutting its own throat in the interests of western imperialism,the us will NOT be reimbursing them for this loss....[nor for any others for that matter]

🇮🇳"But...but....sanctions!,but...but...sanctions!,but...but...sanctions!"🇮🇳
:sarcastic:

It seems like the news of this has just reached the ears of the indian media
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-b-gas-field-in-iran/articleshow/82706202.cms

In the end the biggest loser here was india,who spent around $400,000,000 and now has nothing to show for it,and something tells me that despite india cutting its own throat in the interests of western imperialism,the us will NOT be reimbursing them for this loss....[nor for any others for that matter]

🇮🇳"But...but....sanctions!,but...but...sanctions!,but...but...sanctions!"🇮🇳
The one that really cracked me up tho,was this one:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...n-farzad-b-gas-field/articleshow/82716648.cms
Especially the part where this is said:
🇮🇳" I need assurance on my investment… Iran is a sovereign country and we expect that since we were with it during its challenging days, Iran should reciprocate. We will only invest if we see returns "🇮🇳

The one that really cracked me up tho,was this one:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...n-farzad-b-gas-field/articleshow/82716648.cms
Especially the part where this is said:
🇮🇳" I need assurance on my investment… Iran is a sovereign country and we expect that since we were with it during its challenging days, Iran should reciprocate. We will only invest if we see returns "🇮🇳
earlier today I wanted to tell them some of what was on my min when reading the comments but well it didn't worth make an account on timesofIndia just for that.

earlier today I wanted to tell them some of what was on my min when reading the comments but well it didn't worth make an account on timesofIndia just for that.
Yes,I dont blame you,some of the bullsh!t from the indians is quite literally un-fvcking-believable,.....literally....
BULLSH!T,BULLSH!T......AND YET MORE BULLSH!T :sarcastic:
[I especially liked this part:" 🇮🇳India needs to play a balancing act between the US and Iran🇮🇳 "]
Personally I think that at this point the chabahar project is pretty much non viable economically and certainly politically,indeed,I think that at this point it makes little sense to continue having economic relations as its pretty clear that the indians have switched to buying the bulk of their oil from the vassal gulfie regimes,as one would expect.
Its a pity that pakistan just doesnt have much to offer iran in the way of incentives,as if it did then it might well be worth looking to trade that for cancelling indian participation in chabahar and instead offering it to the chinese.
The indians ultimately made their choice, and that was for the abandonment of non-alignment,us vassalage and hindu "nationalism".💩

Can't blame India much to be honest. They have far more interests aligning more with the US than what Iran can ever offer them. Interests trumps all.
So guess Iran has only Russia and China it can try and negotiate these issues with at the moment since those two countries are at odds with the US and its interests. So they might be more willing to go ahead with some Iranian projects , but even so they might not go full steam as they also don't want to completely wreck the boat with the US/West

Can't blame India much to be honest. They have far more interests aligning more with the US than what Iran can ever offer them. Interests trumps all.
So guess Iran has only Russia and China it can try and negotiate these issues with at the moment since those two countries are at odds with the US and its interests. So they might be more willing to go ahead with some Iranian projects , but even so they might not go full steam as they also don't want to completely wreck the boat with the US/West
Globalization is yet another tool to hinder wealth and know-how to slipper into former colonies. It is nothing short than blessing that Iran is excluded from this sadistic club.

Globalization is yet another tool to hinder wealth and know-how to slipper into former colonies. It is nothing short than blessing that Iran is excluded from this sadistic club.
Could not agree more...sanctions have been a blessing for iran and it is not a slogan...any one who worked in iran would know that only a "sanction" sledgehammer could turn iran from a country of "why make it if you can import it" into a fully industrialized country that she is now...so indian investment or participation in any project is not such big item to iran...iran brought them in for the political support and that did not happens any way...they chose Trump..they made their bed so now they sleep on it.

you see the problem is here it is not Iranian blaming Indian for not fulfilling their part of the deal, to be honest it has become norm around the world. the problem is that unlike the rest they have the audacity to complain when we annulled the deal and gave it to a local company after they failed to do anything for 13 year to fulfill their part of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom