What's new

Investigation commition on Abbotabad insident will announced tomorrow

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
justice javaid of Supreme coat will be the chairman and Ex army chief General (r) Jahangeer karamat will be the member

Good news in fact only news that I heard this month.. Can you please provide an authentic link?

Such Commissions are many in Pakistan's History...............they only follow the line of snack...........when snack is gone..........and u will see there will be no output and nobody in public will know what they investigated.........at the end ...... the file will close and will be putted in some corner.

ISLAMABAD, May 31 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Tuesday constituted the Commission for
investigation into the Abbotabad incident.Five members Commission will be headed by Justice Javed Iqbal, the
honourable Judge of Supreme Court of Pakistan and the other members include Justice Fakhur-ud-Din G. Ibrahim, Lt.
Gen. (Retd) Nadeem Ahmed, Abbas Khan former IG and Ashraf Jahangir Qazi former Ambassador of Pakistan
Secretary Cabinet will work as Secretary of the Commission.
http://app.com.pk/en_/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=140745

So going by this standard, it takes the Government of Pakistan almost a month to react to critical issues in the form of Commissions and Committees.
I wonder if we will see some credible report in our lifetime.

How about finding out how Osama Bin Laden got into Pakistan and how he managed to stay in Abbotabad all these years.

Here is a man who is in Pakistan without proper documentation who also happens to be the head of global terrorists organization.

This I believe is a greater breach of our sovereignty.

But knowing the government of this country, can't expect much.

Abbottabad Commission gets briefing from PAF pilots, AOC
ISLAMABAD: The inquiry commission on Abbottabad operation was told on Saturday that on learning about the US operation to get the al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) immediately took adequate operational measures as per the standard operating procedure (SOP) and PAF aircraft continued their presence in Abbottabad till early morning.

The inquiry commission comprising former senior judge of the Supreme Court Justice (R) Javed Iqbal, IG (R) Abbas Khan, Ashraf Jehangir Qazi, and Lt Gen (R) Nadeem Ahmed visited PAF HQ Air Defence Command Chaklala where they were briefed by the pilots, who flew aircraft for scanning the area for any intruders on the night between 1st and 2nd May, 2011. Air Officer Commanding (AOC) and pilots of aircraft also responded to various questions asked by the commission.

The AOC gave a detailed briefing to the commission highlighting the events leading to Abbottabad operation. He elaborated the functioning of radar system which forms the fundamental component of PAF air defence system. He also informed the commission about various locations of low and high altitude PAF radars and their operational readiness during war as well as peace time. He indicated situations where radar system can not detect an intruding aircraft/helicopter due to terrain limitations.

The AOC stated that for the past many years and prior to May 2, PAF has maintained peace time posture on its western borders. The commission will conduct a two-day visit to Abbottabad from September 13 to see the site of incident and record the statements of witnesses.

I do not trust the Chairman though, but still I do hope they come up with tangible policy guidelines, that are heard in elechons of power...

Few days ago I saw a quarter page advertisement in Jang inviting all witnesses and information holders!

Back
Top Bottom