What's new

India’s largest solar plant in MP, Modi calls it ‘saffron revolution’

Brahmos_2

Reaction score
Country
India
Bhopal:Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched a 130-MW solar power plant at Bhagwanpur in Neemuch, about 400 km from here, on Wednesday. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was present.

630x397xsolarpower-260214-in4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yekYhlutoD.webp

The Welspun Solar MP project, the largest solar power plant in India set up at a cost of Rs. 1,100 crore on 305 hectares of land, will supply power at Rs. 8.05 a kWh.

Calling it a saffron revolution, Mr. Modi said: “We have already seen the green and the white revolutions; soon, we are going to see a saffron revolution in the country ... The sun was there even during the time when there was a Congress Chief Minister. But the Congress never thought of using it to develop solar energy, and it was Chouhan who used it for energy production.”

630x426xsolarpower-260214-in5.jpg.pagespeed.ic.MB0YhtRQdU.webp

Hitting out at Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh, he said, “During his regime [as Chief Minister], many power plants were closed down because of which we have been pushed into the dark ages.”

Mr. Chouhan alleged that the Centre was cheating Madhya Pradesh. “Wait for Narendra Modi to become Prime Minister and farmers will get their due,” he said.

Modi-Chouhan_1769999f.jpg

The inauguration of the plant comes a day after the former Deputy Prime Minister L.K. Advani launched the linking of the Narmada and the Kshipra rivers in Ujjain. Mr. Modi’s absence from the programme and publicity materials raised questions within party circles. The exclusion of Satyanarayan Jatiya, Rajya Sabha member, who was instrumental in getting the waters of the Narmada to Malwa, also raised eyebrows.

630x405xsolarpower-260214-in3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.EdL0SvNp5A.webp

In the past two days, the State has seen a flurry of inaugurations of projects, including the opening of the Betul-Nagpur link in Chhindwara on Tuesday by Union Ministers Kamal Nath and Oscar Fernandes and flagging off an express train from Gwalior to Pune by Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday.

India’s largest solar plant in MP, Modi calls it ‘saffron revolution’ - The Hindu

I say to all Indian politicians- Run and deliver on development alone, this is all the vast majority of Indians really care about.

nope we mostly care about freebies and reservations: free water, free food, free electricity, free healthcare, reservations in Education, Reservations in Government jobs etc. Development??? who gives a shit about that.

nope we mostly care about freebies and reservations: free water, free food, free electricity, free healthcare, reservations in Education, Reservations in Government jobs etc. Development??? who gives a shit about that.
The upcoming election will show whether that is true or not.:pop:

Can anyone tell me where were these solar panels made?? China or South Korea or India??? India must not be a mere service provider, if these solar panels are not made in India then its a job half done.

Can anyone tell me where were these solar panels made?? China or South Korea or India??? India must not be a mere service provider, if these solar panels are not made in India then its a job half done.

Solar panels are not the end product, like electronic goods or other manufactured goods are. They generate electricity, and are therefore tools of production. So even if they come from abroad, they will keep generating wealth in the country, and it is a lot more than a job half done. Just like nuclear reactors from Russia.

Mannn, these guys are really upto something. They are just stuck on to development works, hope they just focus on development and soon we'll see a different India. And it's not just the duties of politicians, the people of India also have some responsibilities. Keep our country neat and clean, it's home to almost one and a half billion people. Jai Hind!!

literally MP is following the foot steps of Gujarath for development. :enjoy::tup:. sala Dog vijay nalayak, AP ko barbad kardiya as a AICC representative.
Any place that has surplus industry will see a big rush of industry. But I really don't think that MP is capitalising on that. No news has been heard from MP planning a big industrial policy.

Solar panels are not the end product, like electronic goods or other manufactured goods are. They generate electricity, and are therefore tools of production. So even if they come from abroad, they will keep generating wealth in the country, and it is a lot more than a job half done. Just like nuclear reactors from Russia.
I totally agree with you. But it shows weakness on the part of Indian government who promises every year to make India a manufacturing hub. China literally controls the world solar planel production, not because they they are cheaper, but because their companies thrive on government subsidies. Infact, most Chinese solar panel companies are running in losses.

Infact Indian solar panel companies who are cheaper and want to export have to fight the government against Chinese subsidised panels and beg for incentives. But, in India you get subsidised rice and food not solar panels.

In my view India must produce all power machinery in house and become an exporter to the world.

So thats why I said job is half done, a lot more needs to be done.

Last edited:
Any place that has surplus industry will see a big rush of industry. But I really don't think that MP is capitalising on that. No news has been heard from MP planning a big industrial policy.

MP has started its development slowly,but they will increase pace in all fields.

I totally agree with you. But it shows weakness on the part of Indian government who promises every year to make India a manufacturing hub. China literally controls the world solar planel production, not because they they are cheaper, but because their companies thrive on government subsidies. Infact, most Chinese solar panel companies are running in losses.

Infact Indian solar panel companies who are cheaper and want to export have to fight the government against Chinese subsidised panels and beg for incentives. But, in India you get subsidised rice and food not solar panels.

In my view India must produce all power machinery in house and become an exporter to the world.

So thats why I said job is half done, a lot more needs to be done.

Subsidizing by the govt is always a bad thing, in totality. If what you say about chinese solar panel companies is true, that they are uncompetitive and loss making but subzidised by the govt for export, then what does it amount to? It means that India and other foreign customers are buying chinese goods, paid for in part by chinese taxpayers! An expensive item that we can buy cheaply because the govt of china uses their taxpayers money to foot our bill. It may be bad for our solar panel companies, but good for our consumers. Good for their solar panel companies, but bad for their taxpayers. Overall, better for us than them. That is why govt subsidy is always a bad idea, especially of things that are purchased by non taxpaying foreigners.

Last edited:
Modi and shivraj chauhan are the navratan of bjp. When modi comes to power all the bjp governed states will have rapid growth in infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom