What's new

Indian Army trooper killed in Kashmir avalanche

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Army trooper killed in Kashmir avalanche | Authint Mail

SRINAGAR —
An Army trooper was killed and another was missing after an avalanche hit an army post in Kashmir's Kupwara district on Thursday evening.

Army sources said the avalanche hit the Army post in Sonapendi Gali of Machil sector in Kupwara district burying two troopers under its debris.

One of the troopers, identified as Sanatam Singh, was rescued immediately after the accident, but he later succumbed to his injuries. The other trooper was missing and the efforts were on find him.

R.I.P brave soldier...........the nation salutes u for ur courage....
may god bless his family

RIP

We're wasting precious men on these monstrous mountains. :tsk:

I hope we at least withdraw our forces from that bloody siachen.

RIP...Its the supreme sacrifice of these men that we are thriving as a nation. Mother India will always remember you brave one.

Mean while I read a story of a brave Pakistan lad who sactificed his life in a bid to stop a suicide bomber from attacking his school. Sad I didnt find any link in PDF for such a brave soul. RIP Pakistan should be proud of you.

RIP to the soldier .

RIP

We're wasting precious men on these monstrous mountains. :tsk:

I hope we at least withdraw our forces from that bloody siachen.

True but any troop withdrawal will only happen when Pakistan will be ready to demarcate the ground held by both parties in siachen .

Even then I don't think IA will be happy to withdraw troops keeping in mind the kargil episode .

Sad but one of the realities of operating in such a harsh conditions.
RIP

RIP. These sort of things are very common on both sides, when they aren't killing or being killed by the other side, the conditions have at them.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom