What's new

Indian Army to induct Dhanush 155mm 45cal. howitzer in February next year.

A decade ago no one would have thought that most of our artillery gun requirements will be fulfilled by indigenous systems.

Dhanush
images

ATAGS:
images

OFB MGS:
DajqOHWVwAEtu65.jpg

Bharat ULH:
images

Bharat 52:
images

A decade ago no one would have thought that most of our artillery gun requirements will be fulfilled by indigenous systems.

Dhanush
images

ATAGS:
images

OFB MGS:
DajqOHWVwAEtu65.jpg

Bharat ULH:
images

Bharat 52:
images

The only thing that happened was because of the Bofors scandal we imposed a nigh self imposed ban on foreign arti guns which literally forced our people to develop the above systems.

Even the bloody OFB was able to make the Sharang.

Last edited:
Khudos to DRDO and general VK Singh. A very high potency gun shall be the part of IA in next 2 months. A shinning example of make in India.

People often forget baba Kalyani field gun. Weight of gun reduced to 900 K.g from 4 ton. Range increased by 1 km. Now gun can be lifted by choppets. Light trucks, Jeeps etc.

Khudos to DRDO and general VK Singh. A very high potency gun shall be the part of IA in next 2 months. A shinning example of make in India.

People often forget baba Kalyani field gun. Weight of gun reduced to 900 K.g from 4 ton. Range increased by 1 km. Now gun can be lifted by choppets. Light trucks, Jeeps etc.
By Baba Kalyani field gun, i think you mean garuda 105mm.

First Weight of the gun did not reduce from 4 ton to 900 kg. Indian Field Gun E1 was 3.8 ton, but the improvement on the IFG E1 was the LFG E2 105mm gun weighing 2.38 tons.

And both these variants include the weight of the carriage, lunette, float, drawbar, lifting bar, wheels, etc which is close to about a ton. The Garuda 105 is based on the LFG E2, uses the same light weight barrel and the same Hydroposumatic Telescopic buffer system, it sheds weight by being mounted on a high mobility system instead of being a towed system thus looks like lighter system. IA has not ordered a single 105mm system from Kalyani group .

excellent lots of guns coming to army

By Baba Kalyani field gun, i think you mean garuda 105mm.

First Weight of the gun did not reduce from 4 ton to 900 kg. Indian Field Gun E1 was 3.8 ton, but the improvement on the IFG E1 was the LFG E2 105mm gun weighing 2.38 tons.

And both these variants include the weight of the carriage, lunette, float, drawbar, lifting bar, wheels, etc which is close to about a ton. The Garuda 105 is based on the LFG E2, uses the same light weight barrel and the same Hydroposumatic Telescopic buffer system, it sheds weight by being mounted on a high mobility system instead of being a towed system thus looks like lighter system. IA has not ordered a single 105mm system from Kalyani group .

My owb observation why woukd any private player want to get involved when the military doesn't buy their goods??

My owb observation why woukd any private player want to get involved when the military doesn't buy their goods??
IA is buying a lot of private Indian manufactured equipment, Vehicles from tata and leyland are mainstay, Mahindra is making inroads, ATAGS is a superior product than the bharat 52, and was not interested in a upgunned GC45. rather kalyani group was given a stake in the ATAGS program. Tata SED, Mahindra, L&T, and multipe other companies are thriving in the defence industry now.

excellent lots of guns coming to army
I am afraid , still not enough.

IA is buying a lot of private Indian manufactured equipment, Vehicles from tata and leyland are mainstay, Mahindra is making inroads, ATAGS is a superior product than the bharat 52, and was not interested in a upgunned GC45. rather kalyani group was given a stake in the ATAGS program. Tata SED, Mahindra, L&T, and multipe other companies are thriving in the defence industry now.

I am afraid , still not enough.
sure army would induct more guns

Back
Top Bottom