What's new

Indian Air Force is busy,no time for dhoni and sachin

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
More than a year after Sachin Tendulkar and M S Dhoni did not avail the offer to fly in its frontline Su-30MKI combat aircraft, the IAF today suggested that they would not be able to fly in any of their fighter jets in near future as the service was "very busy".

"No such decision has been taken. Sachin Tendulkar is already an honorary Group captain. That is how it is. We have not taken any decision in future, this is how it is today. They are not going to be flying any aircraft at this point of time as the IAF is very busy," IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne told reporters after the Air Force Day parade.

The IAF Chief was asked if the Government has decided against granting any honorary commission to celebrities after its experience with Tendulkar and Dhoni, who were not attending any of their functions.

Browne's predecessor ACM P V Naik had offered both Dhoni and Tendulkar a sortie in its best aircraft Su-30MKI from the Pune air base but the two have not yet been able to find time to avail the offer due to some reasons.

While Tendulkar has been granted the rank of Honorary Group captain in the IAF, Dhoni is an Honorary Lt Col in the Indian Army.

Recently, the IAF had flown ace shuttler Saina Nehwal in its Kiran MkII jet trainer aircraft at the Air Force Academy in Dindigul, Andhra Pradesh.

IAF clips Sachin Tendulkar, M S Dhoni wings - Indian Express

:wave::wave::wave: kick these bastard from armed forces...

I agree, its more of a Tamasha and will set a precedent.

Soon all sorts of jokers will expect ( read demand) such elevations.

I dont think the IN has gone this way as yet.

I respect their contribution and success to their respective fields. However honorary ranks because they're "idols" in India doesn't make a bit of sense. Maybe if they went through training, my perception would differ.

Fair enough- the IAF has its own demands and needs which should be addressed first and no put on hold for some civilians to go on a joy ride. The IAF is a professional fighting force, not some local flying club.

I am already against for honorary commission from the day one. Don't wanna see both of them along with real life heroes who lives for others.

Mate, though i don't favor making some civilian an Honorary captain etc. overnight, but the issue is that it is the demand of the modern era which is dependent on FB, television news, twitter, etc. So to attract the youth of the country, IAF is forced to make people like Sachin an Honorary captain, thus the youth gets to know the news & read more about IAF/armed forces & in turn gets attracted in joining the armed forces. It doesn't cost much to IAF (or for that matter any other force) to fly them in a sukhoi-30mki, but the buzz it generates around the television & social media sites, give much needed publicity for the forces which otherwise finds itself lacking in advertisement.

There is a saying in hindi for this "Jo Dikhta hai, wahi bikta hai".

Mate, though i don't favor making some civilian an Honorary captain etc. overnight, but the issue is that it is the demand of the modern era which is dependent on FB, television news, twitter, etc. So to attract the youth of the country, IAF is forced to make people like Sachin an Honorary captain, thus the youth gets to know the news & read more about IAF/armed forces & in turn gets attracted in joining the armed forces. It doesn't cost much to IAF (or for that matter any other force) to fly them in a sukhoi-30mki, but the buzz it generates around the television & social media sites, give much needed publicity for the forces which otherwise finds itself lacking in advertisement.

There is a saying in hindi for this "Jo Dikhta hai, wahi bikta hai".

Respect to your opinion buddy, but the thing is anybody would like to be either a cricket player or want to serve his/her country being an defense force's personal. The kind of attitude Dhoni and Tendulkar have shown to AF, I would say there is no space for adventure crazy people in our defense forces as they(Defense Forces) are not meant for!!!
Even these kind of stances bring down morale of our forces rather than up.

What was AF thinking anyways. They are really busy players. Whenever they get a (rare) break from advertising/modeling, they spent it on games and family. How is Sachin supposed to find time for AF..

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom