What's new

india to sell electricity to pakistan

shubhamkumar

New Recruit

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: India is looking to sell 500 MW of electricity to Pakistan by establishing a transmission link between the two countries.

"A Group of experts of India and Pakistan met in Islamabad last month to explore the possibility of a 500 MW cross border transmission inter-connection between India and Pakistan for transmission of power that may be sourced by Pakistan from the Indian electricity market on commercial basis," Minister of State for Power K C Venugopal informed the Rajya Sabha today.

Electricity from central and state generating stations supplying power to discoms is not proposed to be diverted to Pakistan, he said.

Mode of transmission is proposed to be transmission interconnection and the duration of transmission of electricity would depend on the contractual arrangement of trade.

The discussions are part of efforts to create a strong electricity grid between India and other SAARC countries such as Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, according to state-run Power Grid Corporation ( PGCIL).

Meanwhile, the feasibility study for an under-sea interconnection between India and Sri Lanka is under finalisation.

Fuel-deficit Pakistan had in March this year removed gasoline or petrol from the list of banned imports from India. It, however, allowed petrol imports only through sea routes.

And who is going to sell electricity to India? India suffers from a huge shortage of power herself.

This is the hindu baniya method. Keep yourselves at the poorest level, but create dependency in your enemy.

This is the hindu baniya method. Keep yourselves at the poorest level, but create dependency in your enemy....

The electricity would come from Gujarat which is closer to Pakistan. And Gujarat is a power surplus state. As for the other states, there are already Nuclear power plants under construction that will supply them in the near future.

The electricity would come from Gujarat which is closer to Pakistan. And Gujarat is a power surplus state. As for the other states, there are already Nuclear power plants under construction that will supply them in the near future.
but this surplus power can also be diverted in India where everywhere is darkness.

And by the way nobody is going to buy this.. all this is paper work only.

This is the hindu baniya method. Keep yourselves at the poorest level, but create dependency in your enemy.

yes Dear Friend living in developed Region why should you bother about your country......................

canada i see go live in pakistan for a month and then let me know

canada i see go live in pakistan for a month and then let me know

lol go ask your fellow Indians living abroad about your country. They are many times more than Pakistanis....

I will not comment on anything else on this uneducated post except highlighting the part in bold.

Sir, I wonder if you are aware that it is considered derogatory to use the word Baniya with & for Hindus.

You would I am sure not appreciate being called a Katua.

Lets keep things civil.

Pakistanis it seems are more than happy to see parts of India in darkness than having their own cities lit up.Pls wake up from this delusional state of mind my Pakistani brothers ans open ur eyes and face the truth.India is today one of the largest power consumers on earth.It might be that the power disbursement and dit. system nee s a bit more work but appropriate plans are already there under the GoI's 5 yr plan in which total focus is on the use of renewable energy to solve power crisis.In states like Gujarat and Tamil Nadu the people are getting more than enough power simply from solar and wind energy.I simply do not get it why u guy's put India in the same league as Pakistan;
424584_354892771259429_2130672234_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Baniya is from Vaniya. Vaniya is from Vanij, Vanij means someone who measures (tolna).

It is not derogatory.

And do you also know Baniya is a cast ...just like Khans or Afridis, just like all Pakistani are not Mullahs. similarly all Hindus are no Baniyas.

And do you also know Baniya is a cast ...just like Khans or Afridis, just like all Pakistani are not Mullahs. similarly all Hindus are no Baniyas.

lol Baniya means a trader. How are you and your fellow Indians thinking this as an offence?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom