What's new

India to revive economic ties with SL, China, Pakistan

Nah mate.. Joe is one of the more rare personalities here.. I guess you need to have a more nuanced sense of humor sometimes to really understand what he's getting at without getting easily offended.. :-)

Oh, leave the pompous old biddy alone. Let him do his fussy little Pekinese in a rage imitations to his heart's content. If he had a sense of humour, you think I'd bother?

Cheers will do.. Interesting.. Ceylonese Dutch Burgher Union has records from Batavia (Indonesia) to South Africa and Suriname.. Never bothered to check up on the Indian links though

Your Sinhalese cricketers from the 60s and 70s might have heard of Pearson; he was quite a popular commentator in his day.

I regret to inform you and everybody else that he also did polo commentaries. He was there that magical afternoon when CPC won the Centenary Gold Cup, thanks to a Pakistani Brigadier named Hesky Baig, from the awesome, all-conquering Ratanada Wanderers, captained by the legend Hanut Singh, 9 goals in his time because he could not play on par with Jaipur, who was a Maharaja; Hanut was only Sir Pertaub Singh's 'son' (ask your Rajput friends; he was a Rao Raja).

Hmmm.. A counter measure to the highly successful One Belt, One Road - Silk road initiative ?? Or will it be complimentary ?

@ahojunk @AndrewJin @Shotgunner51 @Chinese-Dragon @PaklovesTurkiye @waz @Nilgiri @nair @Joe Shearer @Godman @Saradiel @war&peace @TaiShang @Aung Zaya

The Central government of India on Monday said it is trying to revive the historic maritime cultural and economic ties with 39 countries including Sri Lanka, China, Pakistan, Cambodia and Qatar under a new initiative called 'Mausam'. "India has taken a big initiative in the form of the 'Mausam' project.

It is our Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision to establish this link between 39 countries, of which China is an important and integral part. We (both countries) are working on this project. China is definitely an integral part of this project," Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma informed the Lok Sabha.

The minister said that both the Archaeological Survey of India and the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts are working with 39 countries on this issue along with departments concerned in China.

According to New Kerala News, Minister Sharma had said the project aims to explore the multi-faceted Indian Ocean world, collating archaeological and historical research in order to document the diversity of cultural, commercial and religious interactions in the Indian Ocean extending from East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula to the Southeast Asian archipelago.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/113462/In...feed&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.zB2sNQMx.dpuf

Excellent step when compared to war mongering towards Pakistan and China...

Your Sinhalese cricketers from the 60s and 70s might have heard of Pearson; he was quite a popular commentator in his day.

I regret to inform you and everybody else that he also did polo commentaries. He was there that magical afternoon when CPC won the Centenary Gold Cup, thanks to a Pakistani Brigadier named Hesky Baig, from the awesome, all-conquering Ratanada Wanderers, captained by the legend Hanut Singh, 9 goals in his time because he could not play on par with Jaipur, who was a Maharaja; Hanut was only Sir Pertaub Singh's 'son' (ask your Rajput friends; he was a Rao Raja).

I can pic you and me uncle Clifford chatting about cricket commentaries over a single malt and a cigar.. :-).. He was a Oxford Blue in Cricket and though not a polo aficionado, Was a passionate Rugby player and fan.. I'll ask the bloke he couldn't have missed such a personality as Pearson, Though the name sounds very English than Dutch, Anglicized over the years Perhaps ? And Surita, Portugese/Iberian ?

Last edited:
What you are saying is true, but until Kashmir is resolved then it should be a point of principle to stand against india in every sphere possible, including economic

Pakistan is a fast growing economy which is underdeveloped so as we grow we will need everything from cars to phones to computers etc etc. India should be completely blocked from a 200 million developing market on its door step as a continuation of the fall out over Kashmir.

Things cannot and must not be allowed to move on until Kashmir is resolved whatever the consequences

Everything else you are if course right all regional countries should look to maximise their potential and look to increase trade to the benefit of the population
A word of warning though, india sees itself as a regional power and you would do well to keep them at arms length, they have delusions of grandeur and will screw you over for their own interests, China is a better bet, although you should court both and play both

Keep calm, Pakistan will not be part mausam unless you want to be. So no need to panic. And moreover, I don't see this happening for at least another decade or so. India still doesn't have that economic weight to do such ambitious project...so may a decade or so until India gains enough economic weight to implement such projects.

forget Pakistan, Use Chahbahar..

I can pic you and me uncle Clifford chatting about cricket commentaries over a single malt and a cigar.. :-).. He was a Oxford Blue in Cricket and though not a polo aficionado, Was a passionate Rugby player and fan.. I'll ask the bloke he couldn't have missed such a personality as Pearson, Though the name sounds very English than Dutch, Anglicized over the years Perhaps ? And Surita, Portugese/Iberian ?

Both their 'Christian' names were Anglicised, of course; those days, you were British or Anglo-Indian, or Goan and nothing else counted (the Armos, yes, but they were in a class by themselves; something like the orcs, terrorising everybody on the rugby field, and completely out of control, including the control of their own teachers).

In Bengal, Calcutta was English; Chandannagar was French (transferred to India in the 50s, along with Pondicherry); Serampore (Srirampur) was Danish; Hooghly was Portuguese; Chinsurah was Dutch. All in a line going north along the right bank of the Hooghly river, with only Calcutta on the left bank. I was under the impression that the Suritas were from Chinsurah (present name Chuchura) and therefore of Dutch stock. But the whole vicinity was full of Portuguese influence, so you could be right too.

Why is Pakistan on the list, india is a enemy, their should be no trade and india should be completely blocked
India is as big an enemy in trade as on PDF, you can cry a river but can't ignore :D

paisa paisa :taz:money money..

Why is Pakistan on the list, india is a enemy, their should be no trade and india should be completely blocked

The bilateral trade between India and China has a potential worth over USD 80 billion in 2015

India is among the top four investors in Sri Lanka with cumulative investments.
India-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement in March 2000. According to Sri Lankan Customs, bilateral trade in 2014 amounted to US $ 4.6 billion, achieving a growth of 23.37% compared to 2013.

Do u realy think they can block us? Lol.....Go and watch some pongo cartoon channels....:pop:

Hmmm.. A counter measure to the highly successful One Belt, One Road - Silk road initiative ?? Or will it be complimentary ?

@ahojunk @AndrewJin @Shotgunner51 @Chinese-Dragon @PaklovesTurkiye @waz @Nilgiri @nair @Joe Shearer @Godman @Saradiel @war&peace @TaiShang @Aung Zaya

The Central government of India on Monday said it is trying to revive the historic maritime cultural and economic ties with 39 countries including Sri Lanka, China, Pakistan, Cambodia and Qatar under a new initiative called 'Mausam'. "India has taken a big initiative in the form of the 'Mausam' project.

It is our Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision to establish this link between 39 countries, of which China is an important and integral part. We (both countries) are working on this project. China is definitely an integral part of this project," Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma informed the Lok Sabha.

The minister said that both the Archaeological Survey of India and the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts are working with 39 countries on this issue along with departments concerned in China.

According to New Kerala News, Minister Sharma had said the project aims to explore the multi-faceted Indian Ocean world, collating archaeological and historical research in order to document the diversity of cultural, commercial and religious interactions in the Indian Ocean extending from East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula to the Southeast Asian archipelago.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/113462/In...feed&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.zB2sNQMx.dpuf

Thanks for tagging bro, have been away for almost half a year, real busy!

On topic, whatever plans I am sure Sri Lanka will benefit for being the transhipment hub of IOR, all the best my friend!

Last edited:
Nah mate.. Joe is one of the more rare personalities here.. I guess you need to have a more nuanced sense of humor sometimes to really understand what he's getting at without getting easily offended.. :-)

Been amused, my friend, not offended or impressed.

I am often a distant viewer, however, since sparks of instant humor is for short-lived circus performance.

Political difference aside, I would like to know more about Sri Lankan burgher people. Never found anything good to read about them.

The bilateral trade between India and China has a potential worth over USD 80 billion in 2015

India is among the top four investors in Sri Lanka with cumulative investments.
India-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement in March 2000. According to Sri Lankan Customs, bilateral trade in 2014 amounted to US $ 4.6 billion, achieving a growth of 23.37% compared to 2013.

Do u realy think they can block us? Lol.....Go and watch some pongo cartoon channels....:pop:

Hey dingbat go back and read what I wrote, I am unconcerned about what you do with other countries as long as Pakistan does not trade with india

There is no other alternative. We must link with all the other cultures and countries of the world. We tried isolation for almost 50 years....didn't work well at all given what Indians are naturally like especially seeing history and culture.

Back
Top Bottom