What's new

India Again Considers Buying Israeli-made ATGM

Hafizzz

Reaction score
http://www.defensenews.com/article/...ers-Buying-Israeli-made-ATGM?odyssey=nav|head

bilde

NEW DELHI — The Israeli-built Spike anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) is back on the Indian Army’s acquisition agenda. The potential purchase of the missile arose during a Nov. 11 meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), which likely will take up the issue again when it meets later this month, an Indian Defence Ministry source said.

The purchase of the Spike was put on hold in April as it was a single-vendor procurement from Israeli company Rafael. But the Indian Army is in a hurry to get advanced ATGMs.

The renewed interest in the Spike is unlikely to affect a US proposal to jointly produce the Javelin ATGM with India, the Defence Ministry source said, because the Army needs more than 20,000 advanced ATGMs. The Spike, if purchased, will be vehicle-mounted, the source said, while the Javelin will be man-portable.

The Army currently depends on Konkurs M and Milan ATGMs, which are less than 2,000 meters in range.

The Indian Army’s 2010 request for proposals (RfPs) for advanced ATGMs went to Rafael, Paris-based MBDA, US companies Raytheon and General Dynamics and Russia’s Rosoboronoexport. Only Rafael responded to the tender; the other companies balked at India’s technology-transfer requirements.

The Indian Army now proposes to buy third-generation Spike ATGM systems including 321 missile launchers, 8,356 missiles and 15 training simulators and associated accessories, along with transfer of technology. The Army would mount the Spikes on its Russian-made BMP-2 infantry combat vehicles.

US Deputy Defence Secretary Ash Carter formally proposed the joint development of the Javelin during a September visit to India. The Americans have agreed to sell about 6,000 man-portable Javelins to India within six to eight months of a contract signing, and for future needs the US can explore co-production of the missile and later work on the co-development of an ATGM tailored for India. The Americans have also agreed to transfer technology including the special process for manufacturing the Javelin’s warhead, rocket motor, propellant, guidance and seeker, but no algorithms for guidance, which an Indian Army official said is the core to any guidance system.

A team from Raytheon and Lockheed Martin has already briefed Defence Ministry officials on the possibilities of joint development of the Javelin.

at last a good thread from Hafizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

any way javelin is ok and so is spike but the question arises what is the cost of spike , which variant will we be buying and how is it better option that indian NAG ATGM which is also a third gen fire and forget missile possiballi with a multi seaker

please care to post more i9nformation in this regard

want see Indo-us Joint ATGM Program It will give India Techno Knowledge Which Help In Avancement of Nag Project..

The Spike, if purchased, will be vehicle-mounted, the source said, while the Javelin will be man-portable.
& Nag will complete the picture along with Chopper launched versions (HELINA).
1_ce7b1511112929.jpg

HELINA

DSC05254-721189-774585.jpg

NAG

1280px-Army-fgm148.jpg

JAVELIN

ORD_ATGM_Spike_Missiles_lg.jpg

SPIKE

want see Indo-us Joint ATGM Program It will give India Techno Knowledge Which Help In Avancement of Nag Project..

First of all, they don't share critical techs. Secondly, we could gain way more from SPIKE since we have similar varients and applications in mind (extended range, armoured vehicles, helicopters, hopefully fighters and UAVs too).

First of all, they don't share critical techs. Secondly, we could gain way more from SPIKE since we have similar varients and applications in mind (extended range, armoured vehicles, helicopters, hopefully fighters and UAVs too).
still i Want to India to be the Part of this Program At least it Give DRDO some Some Knowledge and Experience By Looking Chineese Technical Superiority Over Us...Israel Is a Son, Father is US. I Prefer Indo-Us Cooperation In Every Field It will Have some Strategic Impact on China's Mindset.

still i Want to India to be the Part of this Program At least it Give DRDO some Some Knowledge and Experience By Looking Chineese Technical Superiority Over Us...Israel Is a Son, Father is US. I Prefer Indo-Us Cooperation In Every Field It will Have some Strategic Impact on China's Mindset.

I prefer the other way around, I don't see any reason why India should be like Canada, or Australia. India has no reason to bind it to the US with our huge options from various countries. If we then make our own developments with more logical sense, we can do good on our own and with real partners!

"TOO DESTROY ENEMY{you Know who,s that} STRONGER THAN YOU ONE SHOULD BEFRIEND WITH HIS ENEMY BECAUSE ENEMY OF OUR ENEMY IS ALWAYS A FRIEND" SAN TUZU ART OF WAR

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom